Inside the Rotation: Westmont...Going a little deeper than the boxscore

• 9 replies
I will be doing something similar for each game this season adding some statistical analysis. A look at the rotation, player +/- margins, and random notes along the way.

I only did it for the first half of the exhibition game becuase it just got too ugly in the 2nd half.

http://johnnyjungle.com/2010-2011/inside-the-red-storm-rotation-westmont/
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

Re: Inside the Rotation: Westmont...Going a little deeper than the boxscore
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 11:05:07 PM »
Dave, any idea what happened to Rob Thomas?

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 11:55:46 PM »
No I don't. I've put out a few inquiries but everyone seems to be tight lipped. Its really weird.

Poison

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 11:59:07 PM »
If it was nothing, we'd all know by now.
Thanks for trying.

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 12:58:15 AM »
Great rotation! Hilton had the most minutes.

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 01:06:35 AM »

Paris and even DJ have their best games when they're unnoticed. Horne didn't force anything and let the game come to him. He hit his open shots.

I like that Hardy had the most shot attempts. He looked so smooth out there running around baseline screens like he was Reggie Miller. I know as a shooter too when you curl off those screens and hit a few J's boy do you feel good. The rhythm becomes memory and you know once the defense cheats its pumps, backdoors, pealing off screens for easy inside buckets.

Marillac

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 01:15:36 AM »

Paris and even DJ have their best games when they're unnoticed. Horne didn't force anything and let the game come to him. He hit his open shots.

I like that Hardy had the most shot attempts. He looked so smooth out there running around baseline screens like he was Reggie Miller. I know as a shooter too when you curl off those screens and hit a few J's boy do you feel good. The rhythm becomes memory and you know once the defense cheats its pumps, backdoors, pealing off screens for easy inside buckets.
I like the way they were setting their feet before shooting.  That was a big problem last year.  That must be Dunlap's influence. 

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 01:25:41 AM »

I like the way they were setting their feet before shooting.  That was a big problem last year.  That must be Dunlap's influence. 

Lavin referenced that on St. John's media day. Something to the effect they were working on simple fundamentals of being ready to catch and shoot. I'll dig up the quote tomorrow.

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 10:05:00 AM »

They set screens? Lavin has my vote for BE coach of year right now!

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 10:08:00 AM »
Their footwork/ fundamentals looked good.  Actually, it looked almost a little too textbook, but they could really use that - after 3 years of sloppy form.  I mean, a team doesn't have to be THAT bad at shooting (as they have the past however many years).