Geno 10pts 4reb 5ast 4 stl 2to

Boothe 6pts 1reb 6ast 1stl 1to

FG% 47%

16pts 5reb 11ast 5stl 3to.....actually looks like a hell of PG stat line
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Geno & Boothe together in harmony
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 04:49:32 PM »
how bout that rebound by boothe
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 05:26:55 PM »
how bout that rebound by boothe

Biggest play of the game IMO.  Unbelievable ups.  Reminded me of Nate Robinson blocking Yao.  Malik got way up there.  It was only one rebound, but it helped us win the game.

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 05:31:36 PM »
how about that pass by boothe to burrell in the middle of the first half. I think Malik caught it one hand and fired it almost simultaneously....burrell didn't finish but it was an awesome pass.

Malik had a few more where he drew defenders with his dribble and dished it off...the one to larry was nice

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 05:38:33 PM »
I really enjoy watching Malik play...as kob says...he's a pitbull!
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 05:42:15 PM »
I can't wait to see what KOB24 has to say about everything

Randomhero423

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 05:46:58 PM »
i think he missed some of the game 'cause he's down at the primetime shootout.

i'm very happy malik is getting a lot of minutes this year.  i really hope we can get a backup for him next year though.l
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 05:47:47 PM by Randomhero423 »

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 10:06:31 PM »
They played well together. Nice to see Boothe Geno and Larry hit the 30 minute mark.
I am happy that Geno hit the prayer. Boothe is doing great for a Freshman.....I think Norm realizes Larry can play.....Wow!

kob24

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 02:27:27 AM »
oh no no no i was there again on tv. screaming my lungs out. my voice is gone. the most fun ive had at a st johns game, i keep on saying malik is norms most important recruit. when mase comes back dj should be benched and malik starts. hes the general the pitbull.not knocking dj but damn malik is nice. and i love rob tomas game. scary the team norm has brought in to help his job. very smart with his back against the wall. thats the new york in him.i was very happy. they could have lost that game but it wouldnt have mattered to me because they left it all on the floor. if they play like that all the time and clean a few things up wow. recruits will be diving in here. and the shoot out was fun, norm and coach q was there recruiting. fun fun day but i get home at 2 in the morning and the wifey is mad. damn basketball

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 05:42:22 PM »
oh no no no i was there again on tv. screaming my lungs out. my voice is gone. the most fun ive had at a st johns game, i keep on saying malik is norms most important recruit. when mase comes back dj should be benched and malik starts. hes the general the pitbull.not knocking dj but damn malik is nice. and i love rob tomas game. scary the team norm has brought in to help his job. very smart with his back against the wall. thats the new york in him.i was very happy. they could have lost that game but it wouldnt have mattered to me because they left it all on the floor. if they play like that all the time and clean a few things up wow. recruits will be diving in here. and the shoot out was fun, norm and coach q was there recruiting. fun fun day but i get home at 2 in the morning and the wifey is mad. damn basketball
and yes yes on dj being benched.  his defense is decnet but he isn't bringing anything to the table until he can hit that open jump shot.  malik needs crazy minutes.  i told my fiancee that was the first time in the longest i could say i would have watched a st john's game if i hadn't been cheering for them for years!  that kid is NICE.

Poison

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2008, 11:29:10 PM »
Geno 10pts 4reb 5ast 4 stl 2to

Boothe 6pts 1reb 6ast 1stl 1to

FG% 47%

16pts 5reb 11ast 5stl 3to.....actually looks like a hell of PG stat line

They are taking much better care of the ball. Boothe is starting to realize that this is his team now, and he's really making a difference on defense. I wonder if he reminds Providence fans of John Linehan? I certainly see it.

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 12:07:25 PM »
how about that pass by boothe to burrell in the middle of the first half. I think Malik caught it one hand and fired it almost simultaneously....burrell didn't finish but it was an awesome pass.

Malik had a few more where he drew defenders with his dribble and dished it off...the one to larry was nice

That pass was unbelievable I think burrell got blocked but it was a great dish.  I love watching Malik play he understands what it means to be a pg looking to create for others first instead of wanting to score every time down the court.. unlike geno.

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 12:19:26 PM »
Geno gets a bad rap at times.....

people call him out for being a turnover machine.......he's averging 2topg which is very good for a PG in the Big East

people call him out for being selfish when driving..... sometimes but he also gets to the free throw line a ton

people call him out for being too slow on defense.... I'm pretty sure he leads our team in steals and he is the strongest PG in the big east I've never seen someone rip so many balls out of peoples hands on pure strength and his hand speed is quick too he blocks a whole lot of balls from behind

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2008, 12:24:20 PM »
Geno gets a bad rap at times.....

people call him out for being a turnover machine.......he's averging 2topg which is very good for a PG in the Big East

people call him out for being selfish when driving..... sometimes but he also gets to the free throw line a ton

people call him out for being too slow on defense.... I'm pretty sure he leads our team in steals and he is the strongest PG in the big east I've never seen someone rip so many balls out of peoples hands on pure strength and his hand speed is quick too he blocks a whole lot of balls from behind

Oh yea I like Lawrence as a player he plays great D and does a good job of driving the lane I just don't like him as a true point guard.  I may be biased cause of the old school mentality of the coaches I had growing up but i just believe that a pg shouldn't be jacking up as many 3's as geno does and instead should be looking more to get other people into scoring position.

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2008, 04:50:56 PM »
what happened to Eugene's shot?

I think he's taking a lot of the abuse because he is shooting 28% from 3.  He was 37% from 3 last year.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2008, 05:01:58 PM »
what happened to Eugene's shot?

I think he's taking a lot of the abuse because he is shooting 28% from 3.  He was 37% from 3 last year.

I think he had that big clutch game in Hawaii against Ohio where he hit the 3 to tie and after that he got this unfound confidence that he was the man and he took on too much.

He came home and he went
0-3 Marist
1-5 VT
0-5 Cuse

in his 3 pt attempts and as he had that false confidence he quickly became unconfident. Especially after the boos from the DePaul game, which I did not attend, however I heard the crowd was awfully tough and we all know the post game quotes ensuing.

Geno then didn't shoot at all(some of you are very happy about that) plus he was hurt.

He then had a good game at Rutgers and he hoists 6 threes against PC. Yes the 1 went in which was huge however he shouldn't be shooting all those threes. Also as a team we do so much better when we shoot less than 20 threes.

Point is Geno needs to find the balance of being confident shooting the ball but not overconfident looking for his own shot but let the shots come to him and find shots for others. Play within himself and his %'s and averages will go up.

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2008, 04:23:10 PM »
Geno leads the team with 86 free throw attempts...interesting stat I thought I would share