Tell me why II

• 1 replies
Tell me why II
« on: February 04, 2011, 01:33:40 AM »
29 seconds remaining with SJU leading by 3 and RU imbounding the ball 94 from the basket.  We have a foul total of 4 and a coaching staff making collectively in excess of 2 million by all reports.

Why are we not using the two remaining non-shooting fouls to disrupt their offense and to make them try to score with much less time on the clock.

Then IMO it gets even worse.  JB2 hits the go ahead basket with 3.8 seconds left.  RU again inbounds 94 feet from the basket.  If we foul once in the backcourt they most likely don't even get a shot off?  As it turns out, we let them come up court without fouling and they manage to get a decent 3 pointer off that would have been season ending for us if it goes in but as Hollywood said, "we were fortunate to win".

This is at least the second time I've seen the same scenario play out this year.

Now I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed and we have hall of fame coaches and all so please tell me...

Am I missing something?

Re: Tell me why II
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 01:53:23 AM »
I agree with what you're saying in theory for the last 3.8 secs, but you just dont want to have a foul the 3pt heaver situation. That would be disasterous and we would all be going bonkers. We can all question the staegies used but we got the win. As many have said, on to UCLA!