Hardy or Hatten
« on: February 06, 2011, 02:32:34 PM »
Who would you take?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 02:52:14 PM by Dave »
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

mkras99

Re: Hardy or Hattan
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 02:44:26 PM »
Hardy over this Hattan clown, but Hatten over Hardy hands down and it's not even close.

Re: Hardy or Hatten
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 02:53:38 PM »
Hardy over this Hattan clown, but Hatten over Hardy hands down and it's not even close.

Hmm not even close? Why do you say that?

Poison

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 03:19:12 PM »
Hatten is one of the best players in the history of the BE conference.
Hardy is probably the best player on his team.

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 03:53:16 PM »
I said Hatten. Just because we won with Hatten, even thought he def. had the better team around him.

redslope

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 04:11:10 PM »
Marcus could take over a game.  He had that certain swagger that Hardy lacks.  definitely a personality difference between the two which carries over to their approach to the game.  Dwight appears to be reticent and defering to his teammates at times; something I never saw in Marcus.

Tha Kid

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 04:18:03 PM »
Ridiculous thread.   You may as well ask mullin or brownlee.   Hatten singlehandedly took us to the ncaas, and then beat duke and an nit title. 

Hatten was a scoring machine, was a pleasure to watch - not just his game but how happy he looked playing - and hardly ever if ever had an off game. 

This is not even close.
"I drink and I know things"

Poison

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 04:21:02 PM »
Hatten would have dropped 50 on that weak *ss UCLA d
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 05:56:31 PM by Poison »

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 04:23:06 PM »
Neither

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 05:54:54 PM »
Hatten all day. Hardy shows some flashes, but is very inconsistent. He hustles only when he has the ball in his hands and is the last guy back on the fast break

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2011, 07:17:33 PM »
Ridiculous thread.   You may as well ask mullin or brownlee.   Hatten singlehandedly took us to the ncaas, and then beat duke and an nit title. 

Hatten was a scoring machine, was a pleasure to watch - not just his game but how happy he looked playing - and hardly ever if ever had an off game. 

This is not even close.

Hardy beat Duke too. If St. John's turns it around and makes a run late does Hardy get more consideration?

Tha Kid

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2011, 07:36:18 PM »
No, he doesn't.  Look up hattens stats, dave, if u don't remember him well enough.

mkras99

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2011, 07:37:33 PM »
What Tha Kid said.

Dave, were you a St. John's fan when Marcus played?

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2011, 07:46:17 PM »
No, he doesn't.  Look up hattens stats, dave, if u don't remember him well enough.

I'm going to do a write up on this topic sort of expanded. I'm not making a case for Hardy over Hatten but I thought it would be interesting to see how everyone thought they stacked up.

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2011, 07:48:52 PM »
What Tha Kid said.

Dave, were you a St. John's fan when Marcus played?

Marcus Hatten was who made me a St. John's fan and go to St. John's. St. John's sent my family and I tickets to see the St. John's vs Duke game where Hatten won it.

To answer your question directly, I wasn't a St. John's fan prior to that. I wasn't really even a big college basketball fan until college. I guess neither of my parents going to college and being the first one in my family to go to college had an impact on that. If I had to have an allegiance to a team it would have been Michigan from fab five to Tractor Traylor I liked Michigan.

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2011, 08:11:21 PM »
Marcus Hatten was who made me a St. John's fan and go to St. John's. St. John's sent my family and I tickets to see the St. John's vs Duke game where Hatten won it.

To answer your question directly, I wasn't a St. John's fan prior to that. I wasn't really even a big college basketball fan until college. I guess neither of my parents going to college and being the first one in my family to go to college had an impact on that. If I had to have an allegiance to a team it would have been Michigan from fab five to Tractor Traylor I liked Michigan.

So, basically you missed most of his senior season and all of his junior season by what you're stating.  Am I correct? 

If, so then you missed quite a treat. 

Tha Kid

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2011, 08:40:27 PM »
Please do not do a hardy v hatten article. There is NO comparison.  Nmone. At all.  Will make you look foolish.

Compare hardy and hill - that is more interesting bc of how hills career unfortunately finished due to injury.

And let me clarify...hardy was part of a TEAM who beat duke and who might make the dance.

Hatten beat duke, and the year before got us to the dance...basically alone.

boo3

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2011, 08:55:14 PM »
  Hatten.. not close. 

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2011, 09:24:53 PM »
Please do not do a hardy v hatten article. There is NO comparison.  Nmone. At all.  Will make you look foolish.

Compare hardy and hill - that is more interesting bc of how hills career unfortunately finished due to injury.

And let me clarify...hardy was part of a TEAM who beat duke and who might make the dance.

Hatten beat duke, and the year before got us to the dance...basically alone.

You're jumping to conclusions....relax.

Tha Kid

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2011, 09:52:31 PM »
No its more like, u have no idea how good hatten was.  Hardy could avg 25 the resr of the year and there would still be no comparison.  Hatten dominated his entire time here. 

Unless u plan on writing an article about how hardy is inferior to hatten - which is pointless since hes been very good lately and deserves praise - save your fingers.  Or find a new theme. 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 09:53:09 PM by Tha Kid »