Coaches vs Cancer Next season

• 6 replies

Re: Coaches vs Cancer Next season
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 07:50:58 AM »
This is one of those tournaments with the pre-set final 4 I think.  So we will probably get 2 random cupcakes at C and these games at MSG.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 09:13:00 AM by STJ11Redmen »

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 10:05:41 AM »
[tweet]http://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/35352570859884544[/tweet]

So two mystery teams now
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 10:06:03 AM by STJ11Redmen »

redslope

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 01:32:42 PM »
I like this with a very young team.  It will give the coaches more practice time with them as they will not be losing time to travel like this year with trips to St. Mary's and Alaska.  those trips cost at least 4 days practice not to mention recovery time for change in time zones.  Also, we should get to see more games live and not have to stay up for 1AM starts.

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 01:38:47 PM »
is there any way with this tournament that the 4 host schools dont make it to MSG. last year the hosts were pitt, texas, maryland and Illinois.  For example...last year Pitt beat UIC and Rhode Is before going to MSG. Had Rhode Is won, would Pitt not have made it?

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 01:42:42 PM »
is there any way with this tournament that the 4 host schools dont make it to MSG. last year the hosts were pitt, texas, maryland and Illinois.  For example...last year Pitt beat UIC and Rhode Is before going to MSG. Had Rhode Is won, would Pitt not have made it?
No, I believe they teams are assigned to go to MSG. After Kentucky's Gardner-Webb debacle in the Coaches vs Cancer, I think most Tourneys that feed from campus sites did away with a real "bracket."

http://www.gazellegroup.com/events/cvc/news.htm
August 5, 2010
2K Sports Classic Bracket Completed
The schedule and national television coverage for the 16th annual 2K Sports Classic benefiting Coaches vs. Cancer men's college basketball tournament have been completed.
Pittsburgh, Texas, Maryland, and Illinois will serve as the four Regional Round hosts for the event, matchups for which were previously announced. The tournament will begin with Regional Round action, November 8-10, with the four host schools advancing to the Championship Rounds at New York’s Madison Square Garden on November 18-19.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 01:46:14 PM by peter »

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 03:29:32 PM »
Wow not sure with a young team we are for that, but love the exposure. And if D. Williams leaves AZ like everyone expects they will be trending down as well
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"