Uconn Postgame

• 64 replies

kjd01067

Uconn Postgame
« on: February 10, 2011, 09:31:15 PM »
Big win! Let's here your thoughts...

Re: Uconn Postgame
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 09:33:42 PM »
I thought they would lose by double digits. NCAA Tourney here we come!!!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 09:34:08 PM by Mparty7441 »

Tha Kid

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 09:41:51 PM »
I had an intramural game during the game..check my bberry after the game and WOW.  I can't believe it!  Sounds like an awesome win, bummed I missed out.  WE ARE...
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 09:43:10 PM »
I didn't see the game DVR it but judging by the stat line it looks like Justin Brownlee is suffering from his broken thumb?
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

boo3

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 09:48:18 PM »
Brownlee played fine. Everyone played fine. Hardy schooled Kemba.  Dj had his best game of the year.

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 09:54:42 PM »
DJ stepped up big time...played real tough on the boards and got aggressive on offense.

Hardy was on absolute fire.

Nice job by Evans on the boards too.   Our energy overwhelmed them.  Let's hope it continues into Cincy...we need to make up for our first lost against them.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 10:15:20 PM »
GREAT WIN!!! Hopefully they can keep it going against UC on Sunday and we can get a three game winning streak going against Big East teams. What amazes me is all the snide comments about Lavin still...We are 6-5 in the BE, won our 4th game against a top 15 team and won two mid-season tournaments and gearing up for an NCAA bid this...Not wanting to bash Norm but in one year Lavin's resume is already better then Norm's. This team has always been sporadic and to blame this on Lavin in his first year seems unfair...

Cougar O' Malley

Poison

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 10:23:45 PM »
DJ! Welcome back. Hardy was awesome.
Brownlee really hit the glass. Boothe, after he made that crazy shot
built on it and had a great 2nd half.

Horne shot really well.

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 10:26:18 PM »
no one can say this team isn't relevant.  i'd be afraid to play us in the big east tournament.

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 10:28:08 PM »
I realize it's a long shot....but the way we are playing at The Garden....we could make a nice run in the Big East Tourney!!

xhoops

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 10:32:19 PM »
Great win for the team tonite !  However, amongst all the euphoria.......Lavin threw Burrell under the bus tonite...only playing him 4 minutes in the first half..13 total..kid had 3 blocks and 2 assists...3 boards.didn't get a shot.

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2011, 10:39:01 PM »
Great win for the team tonite !  However, amongst all the euphoria.......Lavin threw Burrell under the bus tonite...only playing him 4 minutes in the first half..13 total..kid had 3 blocks and 2 assists...3 boards.didn't get a shot.

Burrell averages 21 minutes a game.  Tonight he got 13.  Lavin went to Evans first off the bench but Burrell still got time.  What do you mean he thru Burrell under the bus?

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2011, 10:40:44 PM »
what are you talking about he threw him under the bus? that makes no sense at all. why play JB I when everyone else was clicking. sit him on the bench and dont risk messing up the flow the guys on the court had.

great win. really cant have a let down against cincy SF or DePaul now. Not winning vs Pitt Nova and even a close loss at SH would be ok if we get those three. who knows about pitt too with the way we have been playing at the garden, esp of gibbs is still out

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2011, 10:46:46 PM »
Just back from the game.  Incredible atmosphere tonight.  My two keys to the game are Malik Boothe hitting that halfcourt shot, that really swayed momentum back our way and going 20-22 from the line.  Beautiful game.  It feels awesome to be winning games at MSG again.

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2011, 10:49:01 PM »
And on the Burrell thing, Evans was flat out just playing better tonight.  The numbers don't tell anything on defense, he couldn't contain the opposing big man for the second straight game.

Wods317

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2011, 10:56:59 PM »
I was at the game and man the fans were great tonight. The Garden was rocking and the Johnnies fans were loud, my voice is almost totally gone. Hardy was amazing that was one of the best games from a SJU player I have seen he was just on fire. Kennedy was great also, he played good D and we all over the boards as well scoring big baskets. Horne was very good as was Evans who filled his role very nicely. This is an absolutely huge win for our resume and it feels so good to crush UConn and see Calhoun so upset.

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2011, 10:58:44 PM »

Does Burrell pay you for the PR?  And if not, is the free lobbying a secondary violation?

Come on man!  After a GREAT win,nwe have to hear you complain about Justin's minutes?  I'm sure JB isn't complaining.  Whatever Lavin did tonight, it was the right call.

P.s.  The man-crush is kinda weird.

redslope

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2011, 11:13:55 PM »
Just back and agree the Garden was electric.  I had to stayed seated for the last 5 Minutes as I felt my heart was racing as I was so excited.

The smurf looked terrible until the last second of the first half when he banked in the three pointer which was turning point of the game as it probably caused Calgoon to explode giving us 2 FT's plus the ball to start (yes we had Jump ball but didn't have to give it up to start the second half).  so prior to smurf's miracle we are up by one next thing 8.

so does smurf's half court and Hardy's 3 off ballance in second half BOTH make sport center top ten tomorrow.

Lastly, I guess we know who owns the Bronx now.  walker looked terrible.  he was 4 of 16 which included 4 of 7 from 3PT; thus 0 for  11 from inside the arc.  we did a great job on him; something I tought I would never say--our zone closed the door for this slasher and exposed him.  I was also disappointed that Calgoon would not let him match up with Hardy in his man to man--maybe he did not want his star undressed.

redslope

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2011, 11:37:48 PM »
Soory guys for being so verbose but I am extremely happy.  One other interesting stat.  In our 2009 game against Uconn attendace 7,500; tonight 13,500.  says that we are now putting an exciting product on the court.

PItt up next at the Garden--last year 6,900 for a noon game; let's get out there big time for this one----NO EXCUSES

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2011, 11:45:07 PM »
Student section was crazy to be in tonight

Hardys off balance 3 when he thought he got fouled and the standing O when he got taken out were my highlights