lets chat it up
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Marquette Post Game Discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 11:29:14 PM »
manbearpig says wow. that was awesome. keep it up gents on sat

boo3

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 11:29:34 PM »
 Great road win. Playing great basketball down the stretch.  We are dancing now,. for sure.  Contributions from everyone tonight.

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 11:30:59 PM »
Great win. I think they'll lose and they just keep surprising me. Let's go beat Pitt on Saturday.

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 11:34:21 PM »
You can say what you want about Malik Boothe (and i'm the first to question why he is on the floor) but his greatest strength is his heart...and that was the reason we pulled this game out. he sparked the turnaround with his play midway through the second half. of course Mr. Hardy going off again helped out too..

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 11:39:20 PM »
Is this really happening?

We actually lead the league in turnover margin

We are shooting over 70% from the FT line

We won 2 games in a row on the road (and I don't think we played all that great)

...and now Burrell gets 12 rebounds on command

I didn't think we played well in the 1st half but somehow we were tied.  Great effort from Boothe.  Great job on the boards from Burrell...Hardy doing his thing and Brownlee and Kennedy providing the right amount of scoring support.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Poison

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 11:40:46 PM »
I agree w Jungle Fever. Boothe's defense was the boost we needed to start that rally. Dwight Hardy was exceptional.

3 weeks ago people were calling for his job in the starting line up, and now he's playing like an All BE selection. Maybe even, dare I say, POY?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 11:44:02 PM by Poison »

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 11:47:24 PM »
Great team win, great second half.  In the past that 7-0 run would bury this team and we would lose handily. 

THe offense is coming together, lots of easy baskets and open looks.  Still dont know why people try to extend on us.

Defensive zone is also coming together.  Teams who dont shoot well from deep will have a tough time if this progress continues. 

Bigtime props to Boothe, he is the heart of this team and played fantastic.  Burrell played great, inspired and helped negate their advantage on the boards.  Buckets is playing supremely confident and shooting the ball like we remember.  Everyone else did their thing. 

Props to all the staff and players, keep it going guys...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 11:48:49 PM by B-Squared »

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 11:51:08 PM »
The hype for Saturday is going to be awesome.  Man I cannot wait for that game.  Everyone get out to the Garden if you can, be loud, and let's show the nation on ESPN what we are made of as a program.  We are back!

Wods317

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 11:53:59 PM »
Awesome road win. Man we were just smooth out there. 74% from the line and only 8 TOs while forcing MU into 18 TOs. Hardy was awesome again and nice job by DJ and Dwight hitting there FTs down the stretch. Burrell deserves credit also he was good tonight, he could do that every night if he wanted to. Boothe was also all over the court, good for him he was great.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 11:54:21 PM by Wods317 »

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 12:05:54 AM »
I think we need to start talking double bye in the BE tourney :)

gonzalo

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 03:23:53 AM »
Congratulations for the win. Fantastic.

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 09:51:39 AM »
ZERO turnovers in the second half.  Wow! that's good basketball.

Enjoyed the JB2 dunk on their big; the JB2 one handed bank tap off the inbounds play; and the deja vu from Sunday Malik II one handed backdoor skip pass to Hardy boyz for the score.  Hardly any room to get the pass in yet managed to get it there somehow.  Like a Farvre in his heydey pass right up the road.

Malik II summoning his inner Mark Jackson and showing new found passing prowess out of nowhere.  6 ass's to 1 to.  Keep it up.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 09:56:04 AM »
That Boothe pass to Hardy cutting backdoor? Siiiiiiiiiick. That team was smoking in the second half!

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2011, 10:08:17 AM »
I'm so happy. Finally got to crow to all my Marquette friends. Would've liked it if my wife (Marquette grad) cared a little more...but it's fine. All her friends heard from me last night, that's for sure.  :)

tims19

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2011, 10:28:30 AM »
ZERO turnovers in the second half.  Wow! that's good basketball.

Enjoyed the JB2 dunk on their big; the JB2 one handed bank tap off the inbounds play; and the deja vu from Sunday Malik II one handed backdoor skip pass to Hardy boyz for the score.  Hardly any room to get the pass in yet managed to get it there somehow.  Like a Farvre in his heydey pass right up the road.

Malik II summoning his inner Mark Jackson and showing new found passing prowess out of nowhere.  6 ass's to 1 to.  Keep it up.

i thought boothe was malik I

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2011, 10:31:18 AM »
i think he refers to malik boothe as malikII behind the late sealy.

This team answers every punch thrown at them. Ever since the holliday tournement and even the Arizona St game before that, they have shown that they are very capable of completly dominating an opponent for halfs at a time (Norhwestern, WV, ND, Duke, Uconn, Marquette).
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

redslope

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2011, 11:33:10 AM »
What a win--everyone contributed.  It was Al McGuire night so his school came through for his memory.

Coach really spelled it out in the Post yesterday when he was talking about Burrell; how he lit a fire under his fanny and told him to google Buck Williams because like Buck, JB should be getting double doubles and what happens. Bingo.

team is singing come on baby light my fire and torching the opposition right now.

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2011, 01:42:53 PM »
i think he refers to malik boothe as malikII behind the late sealy.

Tru dat.  If we recruit any more Malik's or JB's it could get ugly.