I'm All In

• 6 replies
I'm All In
« on: February 16, 2011, 10:16:23 AM »
My days of doubt about what this team is capable of is over.  From here on in I won't be surprised by anything they accomplish.

We are simply an excellent basketball team.  We're tight, tough, resillient, clutch, confident and in every sense of the word a team.  We have a star, yet night in night out get vital contributions from many.  And these contributors mind you are the same who many of us have complained can't shoot, not BE players, too short, two star athletes, can't hit Ft's, mediocre A10 players, just not good enough yada, yada, yada for years.

Few picked us to win last night.  One idiot even had us getting blown out and losing by 17.  Oh wait that was me.

Now if only they could learn to score with more time left on the shot clock.  ;)

I'm all in.

kob24

Re: I'm All In
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 11:34:22 AM »
U don't want them to score with more time on the clock. Why can't u guys see that. We are not a explosive scoring team dunlop and lav is smart as hell to make them attack with 11 on the clock it eats time and confuses the other team. Its fing brilliant

kjd01067

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 12:36:05 PM »
U don't want them to score with more time on the clock. Why can't u guys see that. We are not a explosive scoring team dunlop and lav is smart as hell to make them attack with 11 on the clock it eats time and confuses the other team. Its fing brilliant

I agree Kob.  Although, it gets frustrating sometimes to watch, we don't have a half court team.  We control the pace and play of the game with our fastbreak  and then shot clock offense.

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 01:16:53 PM »

Only issue I have with this is in certain situations defenses realize this and clamp down within last 15 seconds and this leaves St. John's in a situation where the defense knows when the shot is coming. We average about 1 shot clock violation per game.

In the beginning of the game it tires defenses, mixes them up, and limits our mistakes and/or bad shots.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 01:57:11 PM »

I was being facetious and taking a mild mannered swipe at some of our cohorts.  Scoring average is way, way up from seasons past.  Personally,  I don't care if we score with 34 seconds or 1 second left as long as we score and the fact is that we just went for 80 at Marquette.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 01:58:47 PM by carmineabbatiello »

Poison

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 05:24:50 PM »
They waited until the clock was about to expire last year, only they'd always throw up a bad shot because of Norm's belief that college basketball teams don't need to run plays.

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 02:33:13 AM »

No problem with the strategy just wish they would start the offense before only 6 seconds are left on the clock.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!