Mason In/Out debate

• 7 replies
Mason In/Out debate
« on: February 11, 2008, 12:05:33 PM »
Now I think we are a more talented team with him however I think our chemistry suffers with him as well. We rely on Mason too much or seem to not play as hard and watch him try and take over. Our ball movement isn't as good either and I think partially that has to do with Mason but it also has to do with the rest of the team. I don't think Mason should be faulted entirely as I think he suffers a bad rap and also lets remember he was instrumental in our win over Cincinnati with 17 points leading the team. I don't want to spew all of my beliefs before I let everyone get their two cents in... So what do you guys think?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Randomhero423

Re: Mason In/Out debate
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 12:11:46 PM »
it's a bad coidence for amjr that we faced the three worst teams on our BE schedule when he's out so it looks like we don't need him.  when we face a good team we'll defintely need him.

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 12:16:21 PM »
If Mase does return, whose losing minutes?

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 12:17:36 PM »
Oh man that's a toughie.  Don't get me wrong I love Mase he's a very talented kid but i agree with you mr. johnny jungle i think we move the ball A LOT better without him in the lineup.  When he's playing we seem to sorta just give him the ball and let him run the show.  I think if Norm could light a fire under Ant and tell him to start looking to make the extra pass more often it would improve our team tremendously.  He sometimes seems to just take dumb unnecessary shots that just leave me scratching my head.  That’s a really good question I’m interested to see what the rest of you guys think.

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 12:21:25 PM »
Mason 3 ast a game

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 12:23:14 PM »
If Mase does return, whose losing minutes?

Paris Horne is odd man out.

Ideally I'd like to see DJ start still and Larry come off the bench. I think DJ in we can establish the tempo and control the game because we will own the glass with Geno, DJ, Mason, Burrell, Evans in. Larry needs to be the first man off the bench though for instant offense and eventually have more minutes than DJ overall but I like DJ to start.

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 09:58:39 PM »
looks like mason isn't our problem..... its our competition. If we play below .500 teams all season we're pretty good even then we'd still see struggles.

Randomhero423

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 09:59:24 PM »
it's a bad coidence for amjr that we faced the three worst teams on our BE schedule when he's out so it looks like we don't need him.  when we face a good team we'll defintely need him.

i'm a genius.