DePaul Postgame Discussion

• 18 replies

kjd01067

DePaul Postgame Discussion
« on: February 23, 2011, 09:04:11 PM »
Good Win! 10-5 in the big east. Let's hear it guys...

Re: DePaul Postgame Discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 09:08:16 PM »
hardy was fantastic. D jay played great as did horne. Everyone one else contributed.
Good to see polee make some nice plays
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 09:20:55 PM »
Played with tremendous energy from start to finish. A little sloppy at first but they cleaned it up quick. Glad non rotation guys got some needed minutes tonight to keep them ready when called upon.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 09:33:39 PM »
Great way to win a game after a tough win against Pitt.  I also liked non rotational guys get minutes and play well.  Burrell really looks like a different player since that article in the Daily News.  In previous games at CA we let leads slip late but from the second half start till end we were tough, fast and never let them back in it.   Another win in the win column and with 3 games left no reason to think we cant finish in top 3.  Watching these guys run the fast break is so fun which led to a blowout win that was needed as we got everyone to play in a home game with a sellout crowd watching. 

BTW, a lot of T's on Depaul in such a lopsided game.  Purnell really was not expecting a game like this.

boo3

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 09:53:19 PM »
  TCB

--- Elvis Presley

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 10:05:47 PM »
Great to see us absolutely demolish them

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 10:22:49 PM »
I would just like to thank the guys for taking care of business tonight and making this game no contest...it allowed me to give 100% attention to the debut of Melo and Mr. Big Shot.....NY hoops is back in a BIG way
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 10:23:43 PM by JungleFever »

redslope

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 10:45:52 PM »
Just Back.  WOW what a game; Horne was tenacious on defense.  If the BE has an all defense team, he should be #1 on it.  Hardy was smooth as silk out there; he is still in the zone--may it continue.  Coach was not going to allow another Fordham.  Whenever DePaul made a mini run he shuffled the deck and drew a royal flush.

Finally a sellout at home!  great recognition of the effort the lads are putting out on the court and also the 500th game at Alumni Hall.  What makes the sell out interesting is that it was on a week night at 7PM with folks having work/school the next day.  Us old folks remember when every game was sold out and some that were SRO with probable violations of the fire code. 

getting out of the parking lot was a *itch tonight but I will gladly accept that for winning, exciting basketball.
!

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 10:59:58 PM »
Georgetown loses at home to Cincy...we are officially in the top 4 of the BE..

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 11:14:29 PM »
Georgetown loses at home to Cincy...we are officially in the top 4 of the BE..

Cincy is going to be in now.

tims19

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 11:35:17 PM »
wow to air horne's play,... don't know stats but saw him with a few assists and some nice dunks,... but mostly that monster fast break block that was all ball originally then he kinda landed on the guy... but good foul, student section by hoop went crazy,... and all around everyone put in work good to see time all around and hopefully we take nova this weekend

Poison

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 11:56:51 PM »
Welcome back band wagoners!
You must be proud.

I saw dozens of faces last night that
I had not seen since the Jarvis years.

Hopefully, we keep our fans this time.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 11:35:50 AM by Poison »

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 11:58:40 PM »
i wouldnt really want to play cincy again. Not that im scared to face them really, but just becasue i dont think we can play great against them
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

gonzalo

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2011, 12:26:14 AM »
I couldn´t watch the game. Congratulations for the win. And the difference was bigger than I expected. Great.

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2011, 12:42:21 AM »
2 teams I wouldn't want to play are Cuse and Louisville. I just don't think we match up well against either team but then again I'm not overly scared.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2011, 01:31:30 AM »
Nice win. I love sports!!! After the home Cincy lose I was sooo sooo frustrated with the Team. Nice to see this group go out/down fighting. They have really turned it around...looks like  a different Team. NEW YORK Basketball is back!

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2011, 02:35:43 AM »
Team has so much confidence and it's showing.  THey play for each other, play very unselfish and just want to win.  THe zone has been great last few games.  Players are scrambling around and sometimes it looks dysfuntionaly but it's effective.  Teams that struggle from the outside will have a hard time going forward.  Also, good to see us hit the boards well again. 

Everyone did there thing tonight DJ had a double double, Hardy continued his offensive efficiency, but i want to give props to Paris and Polee.  They played well on both sides, were efficient on both ends and gave great energy. 

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2011, 06:18:50 AM »
another great win. also two teams infront of up in the ESPN ranking lost. if we pull out the win on sat we could be getting a big jump.

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2011, 07:03:53 PM »
2 teams I wouldn't want to play are Cuse and Louisville. I just don't think we match up well against either team but then again I'm not overly scared.

I dont think anyone wants to see us on their side of the bracket