Anyone having trouble reaching Redmen.com?

• 79 replies
Re: Anyone having trouble reaching Redmen.com?
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2011, 12:37:47 AM »
no one sees the irony of paul being banned from his own site??

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2011, 09:42:30 AM »
What SoftLayer did to Paul and Redmen.com borders on the criminal! I would imagine it is like putting Humpty Dumpty back together again :-[

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2011, 03:48:39 PM »
I see no reason to insult Humpty Dumpty. :tickedoff:
All kidding aside, it seems strange not to make my 2 or 3 visits a day to the site. I guess sometimes, you don't miss something until you can't have it no more.

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2011, 05:43:45 PM »
All kidding aside, it seems strange not to make my 2 or 3 visits a day to the site. I guess sometimes, you don't miss something until you can't have it no more.

All I can say is thank God for JJ and Dave or some of us redmen addicts would be in quite a fix! :laugh:
It looks like all the redmen.comers have migrated to JJ :laugh:

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2011, 06:22:48 PM »

All I can say is thank God for JJ and Dave or some of us redmen addicts would be in quite a fix! :laugh:

More the merrier. I've worked really hard the past 3-4 years building JJ up and continue to try and make it better everyday. I'm really fortunate it has led to a career in highschool/college basketball which only enhances the site.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2011, 09:27:11 PM »

More the merrier. I've worked really hard the past 3-4 years building JJ up and continue to try and make it better everyday. I'm really fortunate it has led to a career in highschool/college basketball which only enhances the site.

BTW Dave, you do realize your fan demographics have changed to a slightly older crowd! LOL!  Some of the old timers can get quite upset when their soup is delivered cold so your patience is appreciated.

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2011, 10:43:30 PM »
Thankfully it seems many of the Redmen.comer's left their grudges at the door!!! ;D

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2011, 11:13:27 PM »
I guess I qualify as one of those oldtimers from redmen.

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2011, 11:32:56 PM »
A little strange navigating this site. I feel like i found a new girlfriend and my ex-wife is in the room! (LOL) ;)

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2011, 09:11:08 AM »
he is a hero

MCNPA

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2011, 10:52:38 AM »
I don't think Redmen.com'ers have grudges.  We just want to talk ball.  I'm hoping Paul can get Redmen.com going again.  No knock on this great site.  Redmen.com is home.  Has been for me since I was a teenager and am now in my mid 30's.  It is an institution for SJU fans.

paultzman

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2011, 11:06:53 AM »
Agree with Marcus. JJ is great, especially in area of recruiting, but Redmen.Com has been part of my life and love for the Johnnies, since its beginning. Having two great sites is such a plus. Hopefully we will.

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2011, 11:15:52 AM »
I don't think Redmen.com'ers have grudges.  We just want to talk ball.  I'm hoping Paul can get Redmen.com going again.  No knock on this great site.  Redmen.com is home.  Has been for me since I was a teenager and am now in my mid 30's.  It is an institution for SJU fans.

If all the redmen.com posters contribute $20 to $25 to Paul, could that help him with his problem?

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2011, 11:29:13 AM »
Had the pleasure of chatting with Paul who created redmen.com about ten years ago and I endorse the idea of financial support.  I think redmen.com was his contribution to his alma mater in the midst of a decent-sized web-based business and one can only begin to imagine the damage to his bigger commercial enterprise.  As soon as we know the best way to help I am into my own pocket as well.

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2011, 11:54:12 AM »
Agree with the last few posters. I love both sites and and have enjoyed all the info I get from them both. Great work by both Dave and Paul and I also wouldn't mind kicking in money if it helps to restore Redmen.com

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2011, 12:02:16 PM »
mcnpa i was wondering when you would start posting over here since you posted about every five minutes on redmen.com... i knew you couldnt go too long without talking stj hoops.

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2011, 12:21:21 PM »
But when will FUN show up?

Moose

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2011, 12:22:17 PM »
But when will FUN show up?

He already posts here.  Has forever.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2011, 12:24:09 PM »
I have read redmen.com for ever and a day, and came here on occasion.  I am thankful for a place to now call home for St. John's news!!

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2011, 12:32:49 PM »
I think all your offers are very generous. It's truly tragic losing 12 years of information and hopefully the server comes through with the computer so they can retain the info. Starting just a forum and hosting is relatively inexpensive. I'm sure the boxscore database was the most complex thing on redmen. I know the largest expenses I have in running this website is travel expenses from covering games and the editorial portion of the site keeping it up to date with the latest trends annually.

Part of the reason I started this site 3 years ago was because redmen shut its doors to the public. People like myself couldn't participate and ever since I've dedicated a lot of my own resources and time to build this site into much more than a place to discuss hoops. I wanted to rekindle old tradition and create new tradition for students, alumni, and fans. I just want to let everyone know my commitment to keep enhancing the site and hope to make all of the new members feel welcome and part of the community here.

My door is always open. I'm very easy to access whether you PM me on the forum, email me dek24@johnnyjungle.com, or tweet me @JohnnyJungleSTJ

I'm really thankful for everyone participating here and I'm really looking forward to the summer and beyond.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle