Best big in the Big East?

• 35 replies
Best big in the Big East?
« on: April 22, 2011, 03:17:43 PM »
Since I think we will run a small lineup out there next season, it will be interesting to see who rules the paint in the Big East. Some good big men will be leaving this year, so who will be the best down low? I think Buruta on Rutgers is a horse, if not the best big-I think he'll be right there

boo3

Re: Best big in the Big East?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 03:28:09 PM »
 Syracuse has Flab Melo returning and the Christmas kid is supposed to be legit.

Is Gates still on Cincy?

Big men are tough to come by these days.  Damn, there is only one legit center in the NBA, Dwight Howard.  I know there are others, but only one good one.  Pau Gasol is not a center.

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 03:36:21 PM »

Is Gates still on Cincy?

Big men are tough to come by these days.  Damn, there is only one legit center in the NBA, Dwight Howard.  I know there are others, but only one good one.  Pau Gasol is not a center.

Was that a misprint (Flab)?  LOL   Christmas is a good player, but more of a defender than he is an offensive threat at the moment.  Yes, Gates will be a senior next season.  Gates is more of a threat than Melo and Christmas, as he has shown he has an offensive game.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 03:36:55 PM »
Gates is still at Cincy. Will he remember that he's a big man?

South Florida has some guys - Gus Gilchrist when he remembers he's big, and Ron Anderson makes plays down low. Don't sleep on him.

And that Oriakhi fellow from U Conn, I hear he can play a little.

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 03:52:39 PM »
Oriahki, gates, and pope for sure. The Istanbull from westvirgina will improve and im sure some one on pitt will suprise and become a good big.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 04:00:47 PM »
im sure some one on pitt will suprise and become a good big.

Yeah....  Probably, Khem Birch.

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 05:17:35 PM »

South Florida has some guys - Gus Gilchrist when he remembers he's big, and Ron Anderson makes plays down low. Don't sleep on him.

Wow, I thought Gates and Gilchrist were done. They'll have to be named to my Anthony Mason Jr team with guys that have 7 years of eligibility. When Gates wants to play, he can be one of the best bigs in the country-but he seems to be a knucklehead. Would Kris Joseph be considered a big?

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 05:43:28 PM »
I'm expecting someone from Pitt to step up and dominate down low. Whether its Taylor, Zanna, or Birch.

There has to be someone we're all forgetting...
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

crgreen

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 05:59:00 PM »

Wow, I thought Gates and Gilchrist were done. They'll have to be named to my Anthony Mason Jr team with guys that have 7 years of eligibility. When Gates wants to play, he can be one of the best bigs in the country-but he seems to be a knucklehead. Would Kris Joseph be considered a big?

Gilchrist has his name in the draft.  No agent tho.

boo3

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 06:14:44 PM »

Is Gates still on Cincy?

Was that a misprint (Flab)?  LOL   Christmas is a good player, but more of a defender than he is an offensive threat at the moment.  Yes, Gates will be a senior next season.  Gates is more of a threat than Melo and Christmas, as he has shown he has an offensive game.

Lol.  No misprint MJ.  I came up with that all on my own.  Could also use Fat Melo as well.   I like Flab personally.  Is the big guy on Louisville done. #23?   Can't think of his name.  he was decent.

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 06:27:05 PM »

Is Gates still on Cincy?

Lol.  No misprint MJ.  I came up with that all on my own.  Could also use Fat Melo as well.   I like Flab personally.  Is the big guy on Louisville done. #23?   Can't think of his name.  he was decent.

Melo looked lost last year, except against us.  Terrence Jennings is entering his name in the draft, no agent though

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 06:50:52 PM »
I think cj fair on syracuse is the one who will suprise us and have a really good year. Fits beohiem's system well

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 07:05:42 PM »
What aboout my man Jayvaughn Pinkston?

Moose

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2011, 09:13:27 PM »
im sure some one on pitt will suprise and become a good big.

Yeah....  Probably, Khem Birch.

That's when he decides to play down low.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Moose

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 09:14:37 PM »
I think cj fair on syracuse is the one who will suprise us and have a really good year. Fits beohiem's system well

Fair isn't really a big.  I see Fair in Amir's game actually.

Moose

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2011, 09:15:07 PM »
What aboout my man Jayvaughn Pinkston?

His court date is coming up.  1st week of May I think.

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2011, 09:25:17 PM »
Khem Birch looked pretty good in the Jordan game.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2011, 10:14:02 PM »

Fair isn't really a big.  I see Fair in Amir's game actually.

I can see th Amir comparison. Fair is a killer on the boards and he does his damage in the paint

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2011, 09:38:55 AM »
If Gilchrist's in the game mentally he can be a force.  Last year he had problems and didn't start a few games and seemed to pout out there when he did get in.  You could say the same about Gates. 

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2011, 11:37:17 AM »
DJ at 6'5" was our best rebounder after Evans' minutes got cut.  Size is only part of it.