What were your favorite moments from the 2011 season?

• 61 replies
Re: What were your favorite moments from the 2011 season?
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2011, 12:37:40 AM »
For me yall know what it is......dj oop to burrelll for that number one spot on sports center. the pitt game was like nothing I have ever been apart of. the duke game was a shocker plus I was sitting next to the sexiest duke fan ever. BUT nothing tops the Nova game. That shit had me thanking dunlop and rico like a bitch. I never felt so damn proud. That's shit was amazing the nova fans was shocked and we had some great cheesesteaks after the game

I had the same feeling about the nova  game KOB. Something about it was so dominant and easy it made me think we could beat anyteam in the country on any night. Home or away.
That and the marquette games were two huge statement games we had on the raod. Thinking back on all the great wins we had its hard to believe we had a 6 seed. But whats past is past.

KOB i hope you stick around even though JBs time here is done. I think I speak for the majority when I say your knowledge on both the local scene as well as basketball in general is greatly apreciated.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Gumby

Re: What were your favorite moments from the 2011 season?
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2011, 08:46:30 AM »
I actually have two favorite moments.

The first was in the Oakland Airport early on the morning just after we lost to St. Mary's. Passing through the airport a guy stopped me and asked if I was wearing a St. John's hat, which I was.  He was a long suffering alumnus.  He could not stay up to watch the game, but had heard it was an exciting one.  He was so happy that we had a basketball team again.

The second moment was while watching the Villanova game with a large group of Alumni from AZ.  We get together each year to watch a game at a sport's bar.  It has not been fun, watching us lose every year.  The excitement in the room, especially from Jack from AZ (aka Jack from VA), was awesome.  It was like we were all shedding years of disappointments while the game played out.