Manhattan to Manhattan Omari Lawrence Seeks fresh Start

• 3 replies
Manhattan to Manhattan Omari Lawrence Seeks fresh Start
« on: May 11, 2011, 09:57:45 AM »
When former St. John’s swingman Omari Lawrence looks out at the vast, flat Kansas plains, grassy expanses that stretch as far as the eye can see, he is reminded that he is far from the brick buildings and concrete streets of his hometown, the Bronx.

“Things in Kansas are slow and quiet. It’s mostly farmland,” said Lawrence. “I’m usually either at school, working on my game, or studying.”

Here in Kansas, there is no rumble of subway trains underfoot or corner stores on every block. The state has no professional sports teams and is bisected by Interstate 70, which runs from Missouri in the east to Colorado in the west. The entire state of Kansas has a population of 2.8 million, roughly one third the population of New York City alone.

http://johnnyjungle.com/columns/over-the-airwaves/manhattan-to-manhattan-omari-lawrence-looks-for-success-at-kansas-state/
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Gumby

Re: Manhattan to Manhattan Omari Lawrence Seeks fresh Start
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 10:17:32 AM »
It will be interesting to see what type of player Omari matures into over the next few seasons.

Poison

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 10:24:36 AM »
I feel really bad for him. It's one thing if the NCAA committee forces your team to go to Kansas, but there is no good reason to ever step foot in that trash bag of a state.

Hopefully, Omari makes the best of bad situation at a horrible school.

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 01:48:16 PM »
I wish Omari the best. We all mature and grow through different experiences. I'll definitely be rooting for him anytime I see K-Sate on TV.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle