Jermaine Lawrence - PF - Cincinnati Transfer - Bayside, NY

• 1791 replies
Re: Jermaine Lawrence - PF - Cardozo HS - Bayside, NY
« Reply #960 on: January 27, 2013, 04:03:03 PM »
How could him NOT attending with his teammates and coach be anything but a bad sign (at first glance)?

Moose

« Reply #961 on: January 27, 2013, 04:12:39 PM »
Per Zags regarding today's game vs. Seton Hall:

Pope John coach Jason Hasson attended the game with sophomore forward Moustapha Diagne and freshman point guard Bryce Aiken. Senior forward Jermaine Lawrence, who is considering St. John’s, Cincinnati and UNLV, did not attend with them.

Not a good sign.

Yea

Lets panic
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #962 on: January 27, 2013, 04:18:10 PM »
It may be a bad sign, but also he may of had prior commitment.  he postponed his official this weekend so something else might have been up.  If he cancels his official all together then I think it would be a real bad sign.

« Reply #963 on: January 27, 2013, 05:57:10 PM »
How could him NOT attending with his teammates and coach be anything but a bad sign (at first glance)?
Would not read anything negative into the situation. Even if he favored cincy over us right now why wouldn't he just want to hang with his buds and coach at a hoop game at the garden (with a team he at minimum has interest in)?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 05:57:38 PM by Celtics11 »

« Reply #964 on: January 27, 2013, 06:45:03 PM »
Apparently he has been to plenty of practices and games. Maybe he had something to do?  Until I hear otherwise I see no need to panic.

RedVet

« Reply #965 on: January 27, 2013, 07:11:04 PM »

Pope John coach Jason Hasson attended the game with sophomore forward Moustapha Diagne and freshman point guard Bryce Aiken. Senior forward Jermaine Lawrence, who is considering St. John’s, Cincinnati and UNLV, did not attend with them.

Not a good sign.

Yea

Lets panic

No one's panicking, Moose. Just don't think it's a good sign. Yes, maybe he had another commitment, or wasnt' feeling well, or whatever, but coming on the heels of two cancellations for a visit, it's not irrational -- or panicky -- to think maybe he'd feel uncomfortable around Lavin and the team knowing he's leaning toward Cincinnati. Hope I'm wrong, but that doesn't mean I'm not feeling uneasy about his not being at the game.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 07:14:11 PM by RedVet »

Moose

« Reply #966 on: January 27, 2013, 07:12:59 PM »

Not a good sign.

Yea

Lets panic

No one's panicking, Moose. Just don't think it's a good sign. Yes, maybe he had another commitment, or wasnt' feeling well, or whateer, but coming on the heels of two cancellations for a visit, it's not irrational -- or panicky -- to think maybe he'd feel uncomfortable around Lavin and the team knowing he's leaning toward Cincinnati. Hope I'm worng, but that doesn't mean I'm not feeling good about his not being at the game.

What have his last actual quotes been about STJ?  Nothing but positive.  They are within last 2 weeks.  Also when he suited up for the first time who was there?  Lavin and Chiles.

RedVet

« Reply #967 on: January 27, 2013, 07:21:31 PM »

Not a good sign.

Yea

Lets panic

No one's panicking, Moose. Just don't think it's a good sign. Yes, maybe he had another commitment, or wasnt' feeling well, or whateer, but coming on the heels of two cancellations for a visit, it's not irrational -- or panicky -- to think maybe he'd feel uncomfortable around Lavin and the team knowing he's leaning toward Cincinnati. Hope I'm worng, but that doesn't mean I'm not feeling good about his not being at the game.

What have his last actual quotes been about STJ?  Nothing but positive.  They are within last 2 weeks.  Also when he suited up for the first time who was there?  Lavin and Chiles.

Hope you're right ... and I wish I had your confidence, but I would feel better if, in his absence from the game, he tweeted that his was watching us on TV, great win, and so on (as he's done before) ... instead of the sounds of silence.

Tiznow

« Reply #968 on: January 27, 2013, 07:47:13 PM »
Maybe he had too much schoolwork.

MCNPA

« Reply #969 on: January 27, 2013, 07:53:34 PM »
I believe he cancelled this weekend due to another engagement.  Wouldn't it make sense that he would not make the game if he couldn't make an official this weekend?  Cmon fellas. 

Moose

« Reply #970 on: January 27, 2013, 07:56:40 PM »
I believe he cancelled this weekend due to another engagement.  Wouldn't it make sense that he would not make the game if he couldn't make an official this weekend?  Cmon fellas. 

Sky is falling is more fun though.

RedVet

« Reply #971 on: January 27, 2013, 08:15:01 PM »

Sky is falling is more fun though.

Fun?!!!! You call this fun, watching my blood pressure readings go off the charts? It's not fun; it's a curse.

« Reply #972 on: January 27, 2013, 08:24:58 PM »
Everyone needs to relax.  Things look good w/ Lawrence but if by chance we don't get him it's far from the end of the world.

paultzman

« Reply #973 on: January 29, 2013, 01:26:20 PM »
“@EvanDanielsFOX: Updated 2013 Top 100 ... http://t.co/gOL3UFrf

Scout, Lawrence at 19 and Jordan at 53. Brandon Austin, Jordan's Philly rival is really blowing up. The Providence signee is #38.

« Reply #974 on: January 29, 2013, 01:36:20 PM »
“@EvanDanielsFOX: Updated 2013 Top 100 ... http://t.co/gOL3UFrf

Scout, Lawrence at 19 and Jordan at 53. Brandon Austin, Jordan's Philly rival is really blowing up. The Providence signee is #38.

SHU commit Aquile Carr dropped almost out of the top 100 to 98 (as been discussed unlikely to ever qualify anyway) and UNC's Nate Britt dropped out of top 100.  So much for the inflated ratings when you sign with a Blue Blood.

derk

« Reply #975 on: January 29, 2013, 03:00:48 PM »
Ok. So I heard it was Lavin who asked the kid to postpone the visit. Don't know why. Don't know about the game.

« Reply #976 on: January 29, 2013, 04:08:18 PM »
Is lavin using Jedi mind tricks :)
Gene Keady is like Yoda! ;D

« Reply #977 on: January 29, 2013, 04:31:16 PM »
Is lavin using Jedi mind tricks :)
Gene Keady is like Yoda! ;D

Commit he will, Afraid no more you will be

RedVet

« Reply #978 on: January 29, 2013, 07:21:32 PM »
Ok. So I heard it was Lavin who asked the kid to postpone the visit. Don't know why. Don't know about the game.

And your source was?

Moose

« Reply #979 on: January 29, 2013, 07:47:45 PM »

And your source was?

Why ask him for his source?
If he could share it I would think he would have said so and so told me.........
Besides most people with information don't say who their source is because the source most likely won't get or give information if they are outed.