Jermaine Lawrence - PF - Cincinnati Transfer - Bayside, NY

• 1791 replies
Re: Jermaine Lawrence - PF - Cardozo HS - Bayside, NY - CINCINNATI
« Reply #1480 on: May 09, 2014, 10:58:47 AM »
@NYPost_Brazille: Two locals now on transfer market in Kamari Murphy and Jermaine Lawrence. Could help a number of locals programs.

Zach is telling twitter followers that he does not believe Jermaine lands at SJU.

sju89tr

« Reply #1481 on: May 09, 2014, 11:37:29 AM »
@NYPost_Brazille: Two locals now on transfer market in Kamari Murphy and Jermaine Lawrence. Could help a number of locals programs.

Zach is telling twitter followers that he does not believe Jermaine lands at SJU.

Zach is well informed locally but I think it's premature to predict where he will go.

If he chooses Manhattan and Massielo there is a chancve he never even plays for him as Mass may take off at the first opportunity. 

« Reply #1482 on: May 09, 2014, 11:39:58 AM »

Zach is well informed locally but I think it's premature to predict where he will go.

If he chooses Manhattan and Massielo there is a chancve he never even plays for him as Mass may take off at the first opportunity.
I haven't read about a formal agreement, but do you believe there is a gentleman's agreement that Mas isn't going anywhere for 2-3 years? There had to be some deal cut....

« Reply #1483 on: May 09, 2014, 12:06:44 PM »

Look I don’t have inside knowledge on this but Zach seems to be speaking with a lot of certainty.  In other words like he is sure because he has talked to certain people.

Also we are all jumping the gun since Cincy has not granted him a release yet.

pmg911

« Reply #1484 on: May 09, 2014, 12:34:07 PM »
Spoke to two coaches this morning who told me they would be astonished if Lawrence does not end up at SJU

That said though, do the Big East rules on transfer apply since Cincy was Big East when he signed there...
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 12:35:16 PM by pmg911 »

« Reply #1485 on: May 09, 2014, 12:38:16 PM »
Spoke to two coaches this morning who told me they would be astonished if Lawrence does not end up at SJU

That said though, do the Big East rules on transfer apply since Cincy was Big East when he signed there...

Re your second point, I don't think so. Think there was an example this past year but can't remember who exactly.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #1486 on: May 09, 2014, 12:42:00 PM »
This would be a good start for the 2015 class and add some balance class year-wise.  Hopefully it works out

sju89tr

« Reply #1487 on: May 09, 2014, 01:47:00 PM »

Re your second point, I don't think so. Think there was an example this past year but can't remember who exactly.

There was no rule about transfers from new conf to new big east
SEveral kids I think  visited schools in new big east last year 

« Reply #1488 on: May 09, 2014, 03:27:02 PM »
Not saying he isn't good or won't be good but he was a top 20 HS recruit who barely got off the bench for Cincy this year so he may not be as good as we all though he was a year ago. Not saying he wouldn't help but he just doesn't seem to be the must get he felt like a year ago. Do agree that rather than rely on all freshman for 15 it would be nice to have a player 2 years out of HS.

paultzman

« Reply #1489 on: May 09, 2014, 07:14:22 PM »
@SammyAlbano: Hearing mutual intrst btween @mainestory & @StJohnsBBall. Kid saying family illness reason 4 transfer & will seek 4 immediate eligibility

« Reply #1490 on: May 09, 2014, 07:25:09 PM »
@SammyAlbano: Hearing mutual intrst btween @mainestory & @StJohnsBBall. Kid saying family illness reason 4 transfer & will seek 4 immediate eligibility

Would be absolutely huge for us.

paultzman

« Reply #1491 on: May 09, 2014, 08:53:26 PM »
Lawrence struggled to find his way as a freshman. A top 25 recruit coming out of high school, Lawrence averaged only 2.8 points and 2.9 rebounds this past season. He missed eight games due to a turf toe injury that slowed his development and had a difficult time staying out of foul trouble."

"You lose five weeks of conditioning in the middle of the season and it just destroys your season," UC head coach Mick Cronin said after the season. "He just needs minutes so he can get comfortable on how to attack the defense and how to use his skills."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/college/university-of-cincinnati/2014/05/09/report-ucs-jermaine-lawrence-transferring-says-source/8892401/
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 08:54:55 PM by paultzman »

MCNPA

« Reply #1492 on: May 09, 2014, 09:18:58 PM »
Getting this kid available this season wuod be phenomenal and game changing.  Would make a huge difference in our frontcourt adding a 6'9" SF with 3 years eligibility.

« Reply #1493 on: May 09, 2014, 09:42:09 PM »
Not sure how much of a small forward he really is but would love to have him.

« Reply #1494 on: May 09, 2014, 09:49:28 PM »

Doesn't need to be a SF. We will run a 3 guard lineup. A prototypical SF is not necessary.

« Reply #1495 on: May 09, 2014, 09:57:48 PM »

Doesn't need to be a SF. We will run a 3 guard lineup. A prototypical SF is not necessary.

I know it's not necessary. Would be nice to have one though. Was just commenting on those who said he would fill the sf void. Wonder how my man C J would feel if he came on board.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 09:59:43 PM by Amaseinyourface2 »

MCNPA

« Reply #1496 on: May 09, 2014, 10:10:40 PM »
He's a SF and we don't need a PF.  He's got nice dribbling skills for a guy his size and the SF spot is wide open.  I'd rather play with 6'9" Lawrence at the SF spot than 6'2" Harrison.  I'm not a fan of the 3-guard stuff.  Lawrence is mobile, has a good handle and is a 3/4 who has lots of potential.  He isn't a gunner from the outside, but can hit them if given the chance.  Big uograde over what we have there.  Lawrence and Pointer at the SF spot and I think we have salvaged our roster imo.  We'd have legit forwards and centers up front and a fantastic backcourt.  Ready to roll...
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 10:28:22 PM by MCNPA »

« Reply #1497 on: May 09, 2014, 10:12:54 PM »

I know it's not necessary. Would be nice to have one though. Was just commenting on those who said he would fill the sf void. Wonder how my man C J would feel if he came on board.

Competition is good, makes players better.  One's who work the hardest and play the best will play the most.

« Reply #1498 on: May 09, 2014, 10:34:10 PM »
He's a SF and we don't need a PF.  He's got nice dribbling skills for a guy his size and the SF spot is wide open.  I'd rather play with 6'9" Lawrence at the SF spot than 6'2" Harrison.  I'm not a fan of the 3-guard stuff.  Lawrence is mobile, has a good handle and is a 3/4 who has lots of potential.  He isn't a gunner from the outside, but can hit them if given the chance.  Big uograde over what we have there.  Lawrence and Pointer at the SF spot and I think we have salvaged our roster imo.  We'd have legit forwards and centers up front and a fantastic backcourt.  Ready to roll...

Lawrence is more of a 4/3 where Harkless was more of a 3/4.

Also Manhattan recruited Lawrence hard. Was a bigger player in his recruitment than people know. I might have said it at one point in the thread.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #1499 on: May 09, 2014, 10:38:26 PM »

Definitely more a big man than a SF. But, again, we don't need a SF. Dom is enough at that position.