Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies

boo3

Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #820 on: February 18, 2013, 08:53:50 PM »
 Fordham-  Please stop making sense and being rational.  There is no place here for this type of nonsense.    :)

paultzman

« Reply #821 on: February 18, 2013, 09:08:29 PM »
“@ballin365dotcom: Rysheed Jordan with the RIDICULOUS inbound oop - Ballin365Mixtape: http://youtu.be/yWdwq3_qohE?a via @YouTube”

« Reply #822 on: February 18, 2013, 10:32:56 PM »
It seems like he started off brilliantly recruiting, but it hasn't manifested into post season births.

Hasn't manifested into post season berths? Did you expect a post season berth last year with a bunch of freshmen?

Adding Gift will help somewhat, and adding Hooper could help, but this team still isn't complete. They need a PG even if Branch develops into a good one because he is made of glass.
Made of glass? How did you arrive at that conclusion? Do you think he shouldn't have been injured after a 235 pound forward fell into his knee?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 10:38:07 PM by section3 »

Tiznow

« Reply #823 on: February 18, 2013, 11:05:29 PM »
Poison - are you forgetting that he made the dance his first season here?  He did that with one of his recruits and players that lost most of their games playing for the former staff. 

This program is on the way up.  No need to panic over the recruiting when there is a full house of young players.

« Reply #824 on: February 18, 2013, 11:19:55 PM »
“@ballin365dotcom: Rysheed Jordan with the RIDICULOUS inbound oop - Ballin365Mixtape: http://youtu.be/yWdwq3_qohE?a via @YouTube”

didn't know he was that much of a riser. He got up high to get that one.

thanks for the up paultz

« Reply #825 on: February 19, 2013, 12:55:46 AM »

didn't know he was that much of a riser. He got up high to get that one.

thanks for the up paultz

elite athlete.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #827 on: February 19, 2013, 10:55:50 AM »
is the prevailing thought still that he is unlikely to come here if d'angelo stays? 

« Reply #828 on: February 19, 2013, 11:12:53 AM »
Looking at our current roster there are several possible departures and only Hooper and GG coming in.  I don't know how Lavin navigates such a volatile situation but I'm sure slots would emerge if recruits did.  Either way I don't see a lot of improvement on the horizon w/o some changes yet to be named.

« Reply #829 on: February 19, 2013, 11:17:15 AM »
Looking at our current roster there are several possible departures and only Hooper and GG coming in.  I don't know how Lavin navigates such a volatile situation but I'm sure slots would emerge if recruits did.  Either way I don't see a lot of improvement on the horizon w/o some changes yet to be named.

That's your speculation.

You are using your own speculation to come up with your own scenarios to then criticize Coach for not doing enough to sastisfy your own scenarios.

How convenient.

« Reply #830 on: February 19, 2013, 11:37:46 AM »
Speculation of people leaving: 
Jakkar to the NBA?  I would give 10-20%
Harrison.  0-5%
Who else would leave?  Jones is the only one who really gets little to no run.
Felix gets 10 minutes a game.
Borgault has come on lately.
Dom, Phil, CO, Amir all get great playing time.  Who would leave? 

paultzman

« Reply #831 on: February 19, 2013, 11:39:48 AM »
Harrison.  0-5%

Amir's time has diminished considerably recently.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 11:44:27 AM by paultzman »

« Reply #832 on: February 19, 2013, 11:47:35 AM »
Harrison.  0-5%

I agree. The talk on this board of kids leaving is way overblown. Jakarr is the only one I'm really worried about and I think the odds you put on his chances of leaving are spot on. Although Amir and his baseball career could be a problem. The only reason people are saying Harrison could leave is that 2 years ago he may have told somebody on campus he'd only be here 2 years.

Another possibility would be a transfer by a player who doesn't get enough playing time (Bourgault, Felix, Jones), but I don't think that would hurt us too much.

We most likely will have the same team next year with hopefully Rysheed Jordan or another big man.

SJU79

« Reply #833 on: February 19, 2013, 01:24:59 PM »
Had a chance to see Jordan play recently for the first time recently(was actually there for another kid) and he is really really good. I mean REALLY good...Spoke with some of his people(and yea hes got plenty of people) one of who I know and if he knows where hes going their hiding it really well. Mentioned location of Temple as a big plus, they like Dumph's style of play but worry about where are the NBA Temple players and that they are not a, and I quote"limelight" school. He loves Lav and Tony. LOVES. But apparently wants to attack the rim more and is concerned about their high dribble hand off motion offense...Harrison status is totally irrelevant. UCLA has everything he wants accept location and Howlands uncertaininty. None of this is ground breaking news except I really did get the feeling this kid as of yet hasnt made up his mind...and although I never asked nor did it come up  i am not sure its outlandish to specualte he might be waiting for a different offer that is more enticing to him....

« Reply #834 on: February 19, 2013, 01:31:39 PM »
Had a chance to see Jordan play recently for the first time recently(was actually there for another kid) and he is really really good. I mean REALLY good...Spoke with some of his people(and yea hes got plenty of people) one of who I know and if he knows where hes going their hiding it really well. Mentioned location of Temple as a big plus, they like Dumph's style of play but worry about where are the NBA Temple players and that they are not a, and I quote"limelight" school. He loves Lav and Tony. LOVES. But apparently wants to attack the rim more and is concerned about their high dribble hand off motion offense...Harrison status is totally irrelevant. UCLA has everything he wants accept location and Howlands uncertaininty. None of this is ground breaking news except I really did get the feeling this kid as of yet hasnt made up his mind...and although I never asked nor did it come up  i am not sure its outlandish to specualte he might be waiting for a different offer that is more enticing to him....

I hope our high dribble offense is a product of our personnel and not lavs only philosophy. Thanks for the info 79
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #835 on: February 19, 2013, 02:04:23 PM »

I hope our high dribble offense is a product of our personnel and not lavs only philosophy. Thanks for the info 79

i actually think it's a philosophy thing.  especially since Lav is big on not turning the ball over.  keeping it away from the paint helps.

paultzman

« Reply #836 on: February 19, 2013, 02:05:46 PM »

i actually think it's a philosophy thing.  especially since Lav is big on not turning the ball over.  keeping it away from the paint helps.

Not very hard to defend or prepare for.

SJU79

« Reply #837 on: February 19, 2013, 02:14:40 PM »
No idea his theory behind it but its not condusive to attracting attacking the rim type pg's

« Reply #838 on: February 19, 2013, 02:16:27 PM »
No idea his theory behind it but its not condusive to attracting attacking the rim type pg's

baron davis?

« Reply #839 on: February 19, 2013, 02:18:12 PM »

makes it more obvious why Lindsey left(?)