Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies
Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #300 on: October 16, 2012, 01:47:55 PM »
For the record, Peters popped for Maryland this morning.
Yes.  Dalonte Hill and Turge met with Roddy and mom last night to make sure.  Now I just need Rysheed to commit to SJ's and I'm all set!
Who are we competing with now though? I always thought he was more of a Syracuse lean then maryland.

Never really a CUSE lean.  Was always Temple or MD.

It pretty much leaves us, Temple and Cuse now with Temple falling back a bit.
So down to us and cuse, do we win this dog fight?
Because of Tyler Ennis, I say yes. 

« Reply #301 on: October 16, 2012, 01:53:26 PM »
Yes.  Dalonte Hill and Turge met with Roddy and mom last night to make sure.  Now I just need Rysheed to commit to SJ's and I'm all set!
Who are we competing with now though? I always thought he was more of a Syracuse lean then maryland.

Why are people discounting Temple?

« Reply #302 on: October 16, 2012, 01:58:20 PM »
Temple is the favorite I would think.

desco80

« Reply #303 on: October 16, 2012, 02:06:27 PM »

Why is Temple falling out of it?    I thought there was always a strong indication he wanted to stay in Philly?

Moose

« Reply #304 on: October 16, 2012, 02:06:46 PM »

Not discounting but its been quiet there lately with them.  They do have Josh Brown on board as well not that its the end all be all.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Moose

« Reply #305 on: October 16, 2012, 02:09:58 PM »

Why is Temple falling out of it?    I thought there was always a strong indication he wanted to stay in Philly?

Josh Brown committed to Temple then backed out then recently re-committed.  I think it comes down to will Jordan coming on board push Brown away again.  All signs do point to staying close to home.  Which made/makes UMD and STJ so attractive as well.

« Reply #306 on: October 16, 2012, 02:13:38 PM »

Not discounting but its been quiet there lately with them.  They do have Josh Brown on board as well not that its the end all be all.
If Rysheed was gonna go Temple, he would have done so already.  He's been on campus 20+ in the past year.  I always felt he might want to get away, but not too far, kinda like the Ray Romano house distance theory with one's parents in Everyone Loves Raymond.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 02:13:58 PM by bball purist »

MCNPA

« Reply #307 on: October 16, 2012, 02:44:18 PM »
I think taking Maryland out of the equation certainly helps us.  I think if he was going to choose Temple he would have done so.  SJU is close enough to home but still outside of Philly pressures.  Cuse has Tyler Ennis and a few other guards.  In addition, I heard Rysheed didnt stick around for practice when he was at Cuse's Mm. 

In the end, I think it ends up being SJU.  Lavin doesn't oft lose out on his primary targets.  We'll have PT for him, a fast paced style, proximity to Philly and of course Lavin. 

« Reply #308 on: October 16, 2012, 02:48:45 PM »
I don't put too much weight into the notion that he would have chosen Temple already.  Peters waited even though he seemed to favor Maryland.

Heard Friday at the Yankee game from a close friend that Lavin expects to land 1 and "probably" two players for the early period.  I think he expects Wainright as 1 and my guess is Jordan perhaps as the second signing.

Moose

« Reply #309 on: October 16, 2012, 02:53:10 PM »
I don't put too much weight into the notion that he would have chosen Temple already.  Peters waited even though he seemed to favor Maryland.

Heard Friday at the Yankee game from a close friend that Lavin expects to land 1 and "probably" two players for the early period.  I think he expects Wainright as 1 and my guess is Jordan perhaps as the second signing.

I was there Friday, how come we didn't meet up? :)

Also saw our AD Chris Monasch there on Sunday.

« Reply #310 on: October 16, 2012, 02:54:41 PM »

I was there Friday, how come we didn't meet up? :)

Also saw our AD Chris Monasch there on Sunday.

I got there late, had to leave work early meet my buddy from Long Island.

MCNPA

« Reply #311 on: October 16, 2012, 03:36:51 PM »

Pretty much what I was thinking might happen with those 2, but not on any info.  Just seems like we're real close if not "there" with both of them.  I think Rysheed's recent official to SJU really helped us.

« Reply #312 on: October 16, 2012, 04:03:49 PM »

Re: Peters - Hill asked him to wait.  I'm not sure about Jordan, but it's a slightly different situation because of the twins. IMO, Peters bumped ahead of Jordan in MD's eyes after his AAU spring and strong summer. 

« Reply #313 on: October 16, 2012, 04:06:42 PM »

Pretty much what I was thinking might happen with those 2, but not on any info.  Just seems like we're real close if not "there" with both of them.  I think Rysheed's recent official to SJU really helped us.
I actually consider SJ's the front runner.  Rysheed needs to be close to a real city, not dumpy Syracuse.  I called MD or SJ's a long time ago.  The cards all fell into place.  Surely, Ennis and Peters make the best choice more of a best choice.  Rysheed is a MSG type of guy.  Black Jesus in the Bright Lights 

« Reply #314 on: October 16, 2012, 06:03:57 PM »

I love Roddy. That is my dude.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #315 on: October 18, 2012, 05:37:51 PM »

Yessiree Dave. Roddy is a good young man.  His mom's cousin apparently kept him on the straight and narrow.  Always need to watch after the PG County guys.  He's no angel, but has his school focus too from what I've read.  I'm really happy he's staying home.  Just want Rysheed to give Lavs the nod - it's a great fit.

paultzman

« Reply #316 on: October 18, 2012, 05:56:50 PM »

Yessiree Dave. Roddy is a good young man.  His mom's cousin apparently kept him on the straight and narrow.  Always need to watch after the PG County guys.  He's no angel, but has his school focus too from what I've read.  I'm really happy he's staying home.  Just want Rysheed to give Lavs the nod - it's a great fit.

50/50

MCNPA

« Reply #317 on: October 18, 2012, 08:09:12 PM »
Ron Patterson, former IU commit picked up an offer from Cuse today.  Patterson a top ranked SG.  Certainly could take Rysheed out of the Syracuse picture.  Would love to see Patterson to Cuse!

« Reply #318 on: October 19, 2012, 03:50:16 PM »
6'5 Rysheed Jordan DOMINATES The Chosen League with CRAZY Athletism

not sure if it was posted before. yeah, he's definitely the top guy I want.

paultzman

« Reply #319 on: October 19, 2012, 03:58:16 PM »
6'5 Rysheed Jordan DOMINATES The Chosen League with CRAZY Athletism

not sure if it was posted before. yeah, he's definitely the top guy I want.

Tell Temple that.