Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies

paultzman

Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #360 on: November 19, 2012, 10:17:09 PM »
FWIW

“@sheedjordan: Keep calm I'm goin commit.”

Sure hope our fans arent bothering him
What ya think moose, think he's temple bound and we beat out Cincy for jermaine. Your call?

Hmm, “@DanielJMartin_: #STJbb making a strong push for Philadelphia PG Rysheed Jordan. UCLA and Temple right there as well.”

Poison

« Reply #361 on: November 19, 2012, 10:26:35 PM »
Hopefully, he saw the UCLA game tonight. Whatever Ben Howland had, it's gone.

Chilleb

« Reply #362 on: November 19, 2012, 10:28:24 PM »
Then how do you feel about his viewing of our games in charelston ?

« Reply #363 on: November 19, 2012, 10:30:43 PM »
hopefully he doesnt get espn3 or espnu.

Did Kyle really score a dunkin doughnut tonight ?

paultzman

« Reply #364 on: November 19, 2012, 10:37:56 PM »
Good news on horizon? Philly cheesesteaks on menu?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 10:51:02 PM by paultzman »

Poison

« Reply #365 on: November 19, 2012, 11:40:35 PM »

I don't think we played that badly. We lost to Murray State by 5. Baylor blew us out late, but the score doesn't tell the story of the game. I think Jordan should take note of Greene, Branch, Harrison, Sampson & Obekpa, and see that there are a lot of young future stars on this team.

And yes, we lost two games, but we also picked up 2 good wins. Detroit and CofC are not St.Francis and NJIT.

UCLA could be really poor next year. Muhammed will bolt. Adams could too. Anderson is a very good player, but he's not going to be able to do it himself. The Johnnies are a very attractive option for an incoming recruit.

That said, I've been to UCLA, and I loved it. Who wouldn't?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 11:46:13 PM by Poison »

Moose

« Reply #366 on: November 20, 2012, 09:06:07 AM »
FWIW

What ya think moose, think he's temple bound and we beat out Cincy for jermaine. Your call?

I think its 50/50 on Rysheed and with Jermaine I think we are among the final 3.

And I feel better about Jermaine than Rysheed if you held a gun to my head.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 09:06:34 AM by Moose »
Remember who broke the Slice news

sju89tr

« Reply #367 on: November 20, 2012, 12:07:46 PM »
FWIW

I think its 50/50 on Rysheed and with Jermaine I think we are among the final 3.

I really have no idea how the two will play out, I believe we will get 1 and to be honest that is OK with me 

desco80

« Reply #368 on: November 20, 2012, 02:30:08 PM »
FWIW

I really have no idea how the two will play out, I believe we will get 1 and to be honest that is OK with me

Hope you're right.  I would be very OK with one of those two.    I don't want to be that guy, but the truth is there isn't a lot of talent left uncommitted.   
This isn't last year.   Guys like Sampson and Obekpa, who we were involved with for years, aren't waiting out there.
9 of the top 100 aren't committed, and it's really only 7 because Parker and Wiggins are in a different stratosphere. 
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 02:30:35 PM by desco80 »

Moose

« Reply #369 on: November 20, 2012, 02:31:09 PM »
FWIW

Hope you're right.  I would be very OK with one of those two.    I don't want to be that guy, but the truth is there isn't a lot of talent left uncommitted.   
This isn't last year.   Guys like Sampson and Obekpa, who we were involved with for years, aren't waiting out there.
9 of the top 100 aren't committed, and it's really only 7 because Parker and Wiggins are in a different stratosphere. 

That isn't uncommon.  Vast majority commit early.  They might not sign but at least they pop.

desco80

« Reply #370 on: November 20, 2012, 02:41:22 PM »
FWIW

That isn't uncommon.  Vast majority commit early.  They might not sign but at least they pop.

True, a lot of them are verbals, which we know can change.   Still; I think pressure is on to sign Jordan or Lawrence. 

crgreen

« Reply #371 on: November 20, 2012, 02:52:56 PM »
FWIW

Sorry.  Disagree.  Lot of talent still  out there.   Just that we've got 1, maybe 2 rides, and specific needs THIS time around.   If this were last year's situation, and we had 8 rides to fill, there would EASILY still be talent out there at the level of Balamou, Jones, Hooper, JCs like Bourgalt and maybe even Sanchez for us to pick up by spring.   And there may  be a transfer like Jamal Branch out there as well.  Still two months before it's the equivalent of HIS situation.  Who knows, maybe Kyle gets fed up and homesick :) 

desco80

« Reply #372 on: November 20, 2012, 03:33:44 PM »
FWIW

Sorry.  Disagree.  Lot of talent still  out there.   Just that we've got 1, maybe 2 rides, and specific needs THIS time around.   If this were last year's situation, and we had 8 rides to fill, there would EASILY still be talent out there at the level of Balamou, Jones, Hooper, JCs like Bourgalt and maybe even Sanchez for us to pick up by spring.   And there may  be a transfer like Jamal Branch out there as well.  Still two months before it's the equivalent of HIS situation.  Who knows, maybe Kyle gets fed up and homesick :)

If our one or two scholarships this year go to players of the same ilk as Hooper, Felix, or Jones then that will be a major disappointment.   

derk

« Reply #373 on: November 20, 2012, 03:54:50 PM »
FWIW

If our one or two scholarships this year go to players of the same ilk as Hooper, Felix, or Jones then that will be a major disappointment.

Agree we have to do better then the three you mentioned but things always happen out of the blue that we can take advantage of. I understand we don't want to be in a position where we have to pull a rabitt out of the hat but I'm confident things will work out.

« Reply #374 on: November 20, 2012, 03:56:26 PM »
Felix has been a spark off the bench and you we have yet to see Max. Christian has 4 yrs to grow into a solid pf.

paultzman

« Reply #375 on: November 20, 2012, 05:09:19 PM »
Temple blog piece from 11/15, with a reference to Temple and SJU battle for Jordan;

http://owlsblog.com/2012/11/15/reinforcements-are-on-the-way-josh-brown-and-kyle-green-sign-lois/
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 05:10:33 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #376 on: November 20, 2012, 05:27:34 PM »
Ron Patterson, former IU commit picked up an offer from Cuse today.  Patterson a top ranked SG.  Certainly could take Rysheed out of the Syracuse picture.  Would love to see Patterson to Cuse!
Between Ennis and Patterson, it is finito at Cuse.  SJ's and Temple - two dog race

« Reply #377 on: November 20, 2012, 05:33:16 PM »
twitter post said UCLA is involved too.

Moose

« Reply #378 on: November 20, 2012, 05:39:45 PM »
twitter post said UCLA is involved too.

They have a PG in Kyle Anderson.  Oh wait.................... ;)

crgreen

« Reply #379 on: November 20, 2012, 11:20:51 PM »

I don't think we played that badly. We lost to Murray State by 5. Baylor blew us out late, but the score doesn't tell the story of the game. I think Jordan should take note of Greene, Branch, Harrison, Sampson & Obekpa, and see that there are a lot of young future stars on this team.

And yes, we lost two games, but we also picked up 2 good wins. Detroit and CofC are not St.Francis and NJIT.

UCLA could be really poor next year. Muhammed will bolt. Adams could too. Anderson is a very good player, but he's not going to be able to do it himself. The Johnnies are a very attractive option for an incoming recruit.

That said, I've been to UCLA, and I loved it. Who wouldn't?

Doubt they'll be poor in 2014....

Bruins figure to have back former McD AA Josh Smith at Center, Former Mc D AA Travis Wear at F/C, former McD AA David Wear at F/C, former McD AA Tony Parker at F/C.   Also, former RSCI #39  Guard/wing Tyler Lamb, Former RSCI #53  combo guard Norman Powell,   and have LOIs from Scouts #23 recruit (listed as the #6 PG) Zach Lavine, and Bob Gibbons #28 recruit combo guard Allerick Freeman, as well as a sleeper 6'7 wing named Noah Allen, a kid they recruited lightly as a 6'2 combo guard, who's grown 5 inches in the last year and a half.   And they've got a pretty good shot at 6'9 240 Findlay Prep big Gavin Schilling (a ateammate of Freeman's), who's waiting till spring to sign.

And that's if Adams and Anderson don't return.   Both have serious strenght/defensive weakness/athleticism issues to address, so the NB A may have to wait for both.   Gotta figure Shabazz is gone, tho.   And Drew is a senior.