Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies

desco80

Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #420 on: November 28, 2012, 03:26:58 PM »
All the conference realignment discussion has drawn attention away from the fact Jordan may announce tomorrow.

Anyone hearing anything?   

Why he would verbal to STJ or Temple tomorrow with all the uncertainty is beyond me

Should we assume you forgot to add  ::) at the end of your post, Moose?

Um no.  I meant what I said.  He is most likely picking between two schools in the Big Least.  Why pick now?  Gains nothing from it.  Wait it out since he's not signing till Spring anyway.

If he's down to us and Temple, what does it matter?    Chances are we'll be in the same conferences.   And if we're not - he'll still be playing his games on the east coast.   Seems that and coaching staff are most important to him.   But who knows.

I could see if he was still considering Syracuse, but I'm assuming he's not because of the guards he's picked up.   

edit: I take that back, I looked at his twitter, it does appear he really is set to commit.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 03:29:03 PM by desco80 »

Moose

« Reply #421 on: November 28, 2012, 03:32:37 PM »
All the conference realignment discussion has drawn attention away from the fact Jordan may announce tomorrow.

Anyone hearing anything?   

Why he would verbal to STJ or Temple tomorrow with all the uncertainty is beyond me

Should we assume you forgot to add  ::) at the end of your post, Moose?

Um no.  I meant what I said.  He is most likely picking between two schools in the Big Least.  Why pick now?  Gains nothing from it.  Wait it out since he's not signing till Spring anyway.

Got it.  I thought from some of your prior posts that you didn't assign too much weight toward how the conference turmoil stuff impacted Lavin's ability to recruit.

I did say that yes. 

But this is a kid and this stuff happened this week/today.  We know how kids react and change their mind.  I dont get why he would even verbal now.  Why not verbal two weeks ago during the  signing period then?  Even if you don't sign.  At this point just wait.  Once dust is settled I don't think it will hurt because staff can be out in front of it.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #422 on: November 28, 2012, 03:53:18 PM »
edit: I take that back, I looked at his twitter, it does appear he really is set to commit.

Where do you see he said this on his twitter page?

For the record I doubt he will commit tomorrow.

DFF6

« Reply #423 on: November 28, 2012, 04:03:04 PM »
IF Jordan commits tomorrow and he picks SJU, that would be a great sign for SJU's future success and would, in my mind, validate the view of some, like Moose, that conference instability won't materially affect Lavin's ability to recruit the talent.   We'll see...

desco80

« Reply #424 on: November 28, 2012, 04:17:53 PM »

Look back a page, somebody quoted it.   He told somebody on twitter he would decide Thursday. 
But no I don't see anything new.   Just him telling somebody to keep calm he's going to commit soon.

https://twitter.com/sheedjordan
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 04:18:50 PM by desco80 »

« Reply #425 on: November 28, 2012, 04:21:17 PM »

Look back a page, somebody quoted it.   He told somebody on twitter he would decide Thursday. 
But no I don't see anything new.   Just him telling somebody to keep calm he's going to commit soon.

https://twitter.com/sheedjordan

He told someone on Instagram not twitter.

I don't see a new tweet from him in about a week.

« Reply #426 on: November 28, 2012, 05:52:32 PM »
he'll be at UCLA tomorrow.

blackjesus_4
goin to visit UCLA 2MAR

blackjesus_4
COLLEGE TRIP...
9m

biggie30
Swagg
7m

snook16
@blackjesus_4 do you know where you going
7m

whiteboyrell
UCLA doe? Smh  
6m

blackjesus_4
@whiteboyrell what
3m

blackjesus_4
@snook16 naw
3m

flyguy_miz
Nice.. My dads an Alumni. Be safe

« Reply #427 on: November 30, 2012, 03:43:39 PM »
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/high_school/pennsylvania/20121130_Vaux_star_Jordan_closes_in_on_biggest_decision_of_his_career_-_his_college.html

says hes going to verbal after his ucla visit. 

interesting to learn of his family obligations in philly.  sounds like a good kid who really might need to be close to home.

« Reply #428 on: November 30, 2012, 03:57:52 PM »
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/high_school/pennsylvania/20121130_Vaux_star_Jordan_closes_in_on_biggest_decision_of_his_career_-_his_college.html

says hes going to verbal after his ucla visit. 

interesting to learn of his family obligations in philly.  sounds like a good kid who really might need to be close to home.

Great article, gotta think its between us and Temple

paultzman

« Reply #429 on: November 30, 2012, 04:02:09 PM »
Temple is my guess fwiw. hope I am wrong.

MCNPA

« Reply #430 on: November 30, 2012, 04:42:57 PM »

Don't know.  He has strong pull from his neighborhood, but some kids find it better to be close yet not that close to home.  SJU is close to Philly and family, yet not too close for all local influences.  It is absolutely down to SJU and Temple.  I'm just not sure that Lavin loses this one.  Gotta like 50/50 though. 

« Reply #431 on: November 30, 2012, 04:44:49 PM »

From all the intereviews it is clear he wanted to stay close to home so I think the UCLA visit is courtesy thus leaving SJU and Temple.

I know he loves Lavin (look how Yard refers to Coach as "Lavs" very informal like they are best friends).  And I just think if being actually in the city of Philly was so important why is it taking him so long to say yes to Temple?

Just my 2 cents.

MCNPA

« Reply #432 on: November 30, 2012, 04:57:00 PM »

From all the intereviews it is clear he wanted to stay close to home so I think the UCLA visit is courtesy thus leaving SJU and Temple.

I know he loves Lavin (look how Yard refers to Coach as "Lavs" very informal like they are best friends).  And I just think if being actually in the city of Philly was so important why is it taking him so long to say yes to Temple?

Just my 2 cents.

I feel the same way.

paultzman

« Reply #433 on: November 30, 2012, 05:06:18 PM »

Don't know.  He has strong pull from his neighborhood, but some kids find it better to be close yet not that close to home.  SJU is close to Philly and family, yet not too close for all local influences.  It is absolutely down to SJU and Temple.  I'm just not sure that Lavin loses this one.  Gotta like 50/50 though. 

Shocked that you would lean in our direction Marcus! Kidding!

crgreen

« Reply #434 on: November 30, 2012, 05:08:46 PM »

My only worry for SJU is two sophomore PGs on the roster - and Phil having a breakout year already - but both certainly here for a couple more years.  Both the other schools are running Seniors at PG (Khalif Wyatt and Larry Drew).  He starts from day 1 at Temple or UCLA.  Get the feeling that may be important to this kid. 

paultzman

« Reply #435 on: November 30, 2012, 05:11:01 PM »

My only worry for SJU is two sophomore PGs on the roster - and Phil having a breakout year already - but both certainly here for a couple more years.  Both the other schools are running Seniors at PG (Khalif Wyatt and Larry Drew).  He starts from day 1 at Temple or UCLA.  Get the feeling that may be important to this kid. 

Excellent point!

« Reply #436 on: November 30, 2012, 05:15:30 PM »

Excellent point!

true, but harrison is gone after this year. jordan will have plenty of PT at stj

Marillac

« Reply #437 on: November 30, 2012, 05:17:29 PM »

Excellent point!

true, but harrison is gone after this year. jordan will have plenty of PT at stj

Harrison isn't going anywhere. 

MCNPA

« Reply #438 on: November 30, 2012, 05:19:13 PM »

A top notch player like Rysheed isn't going to be scared off by a good guard or two.  I still don't think there's any chance that Harrison will stay after this season.  He will average in the 20ppg range and be a first teamer All Big East, I have no doubt.  Harrison's production will be pretty much as good as it is going to get for him and his upside or downside in the NBA will be apparent.  I think we lose Harrison no matter what, which will pave the way for Jordan and I'd be surprised if Lavin wasn't totally aware.

gman

« Reply #439 on: November 30, 2012, 05:20:42 PM »
This is at least the 3rd time he has said he will announce.