Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies

MCNPA

Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #460 on: November 30, 2012, 10:50:51 PM »
Could grow to 6'6"?  Haha you are really reaching.    Rysheed could grow to 6'8" too.
 ;D

Methinks CR wants Rysheed bad at UCLA!  Fwiw a good sign should we land him here at SJU.

« Reply #461 on: November 30, 2012, 11:00:28 PM »
Could grow to 6'6"?  Haha you are really reaching.    Rysheed could grow to 6'8" too.
 ;D
Good, we need a power forward! :)

crgreen

« Reply #462 on: November 30, 2012, 11:04:38 PM »
 ;D

They're basing it on the 3 inches he's grown in the last year and a half.   I beleive 'Sheed had BEEN 6'3  for the last 2 years...Earliest report I can pull up on him right  now is April 2011 - 6'3 180.

And I'll be thrilled if he picks either school.   As I've said thruout the thread, I think he's going to choose Temple - close to home and starting job open. 

To be honest, I was hoping for Stevie Clark for UCLA, since he almost reclassified last year and was going to come to UCLA then - but that's personal  between me and the "guru" who co-runs UCLA's Scout site. 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 11:05:46 PM by crgreen »

MCNPA

« Reply #463 on: December 01, 2012, 12:17:20 AM »
 ;D

They're basing it on the 3 inches he's grown in the last year and a half.   I beleive 'Sheed had BEEN 6'3  for the last 2 years...Earliest report I can pull up on him right  now is April 2011 - 6'3 180.

And I'll be thrilled if he picks either school.   As I've said thruout the thread, I think he's going to choose Temple - close to home and starting job open. 

To be honest, I was hoping for Stevie Clark for UCLA, since he almost reclassified last year and was going to come to UCLA then - but that's personal  between me and the "guru" who co-runs UCLA's Scout site.

To be honest CR, just love seeing you squirm a bit skating the lines of loyalty.  Most of us SJU fans will always only have one team in pole position, but I admire your ability to enjoy several teams at the same time.   I truly think you are one of the best posters on these boards and no matter where your loyalty lies, and I'm petty sure where it does, you do a great job being politically correct and unobtrusive in your posts and offer a TON to these boards.

Still hope he chooses SJU or Temple, even with your rationalization as to why Levine will be too tall to play PG whereas Rysheed won't.   8)

crgreen

« Reply #464 on: December 01, 2012, 12:31:19 AM »
 ;D

To be honest CR, just love seeing you squirm a bit skating the lines of loyalty.  Most of us SJU fans will always only have one team in pole position, but I admire your ability to enjoy several teams at the same time.   I truly think you are one of the best posters on these boards and no matter where your loyalty lies, and I'm petty sure where it does, you do a great job being politically correct and unobtrusive in your posts and offer a TON to these boards.

Still hope he chooses SJU or Temple, even with your rationalization as to why Levine will be too tall to play PG whereas Rysheed won't.   8)

That's not my take.  That's the take of Scout's resident "expert" Greg Hicks - that Lavine has outgrown the position and has since been reclassisfied by Scout to SG this October AFTER verballing to UCLA, and THEN  he's  preaching  on his website that Ben Howland should be fired for NOT bringing in a PG in the last two classes, even tho Kyle was Scouts #1 ranked pg in the last class, and Lavine the #6 in this one.    Oh,  AND that the 13 assist a game (almost 400 assists last year as a junior leading Douglas High to it's  3rd straight  Oklahoma state title) Stevie Clark can't be a "real" PG, either, and shouldn't have been recruited at all.   My issue with this is it's a repeat of the same BS they spread against Steve Lavin, for bringing onboard Ced Bozeman, who they rated as the best PG in the West as a HS senior, but afteer LAVIN signed him, declared he never was and never would be a point guard and signing him was evidence of Lavin's incompetence as UCLA's head coach.

Sorry you guys are ending up with me sharing some of  the baggage I apparently unconciously bring over from other boards....   
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 12:35:08 AM by crgreen »

MCNPA

« Reply #465 on: December 01, 2012, 01:01:23 AM »
 ;D

That's not my take.  That's the take of Scout's resident "expert" Greg Hicks - that Lavine has outgrown the position and has since been reclassisfied by Scout to SG this October AFTER verballing to UCLA, and THEN  he's  preaching  on his website that Ben Howland should be fired for NOT bringing in a PG in the last two classes, even tho Kyle was Scouts #1 ranked pg in the last class, and Lavine the #6 in this one.    Oh,  AND that the 13 assist a game (almost 400 assists last year as a junior leading Douglas High to it's  3rd straight  Oklahoma state title) Stevie Clark can't be a "real" PG, either, and shouldn't have been recruited at all.   My issue with this is it's a repeat of the same BS they spread against Steve Lavin, for bringing onboard Ced Bozeman, who they rated as the best PG in the West as a HS senior, but afteer LAVIN signed him, declared he never was and never would be a point guard and signing him was evidence of Lavin's incompetence as UCLA's head coach.

Sorry you guys are ending up with me sharing some of  the baggage I apparently unconciously bring over from other boards....   

Don't be sorry.  We know where you're coming from.  We enjoy your presence on this board very much.

LJSA

« Reply #466 on: December 01, 2012, 01:06:30 AM »
CR: What does Hicks have against UCLA?

« Reply #467 on: December 01, 2012, 08:48:11 AM »
And CR, given the noise already out there re: Howland, do you think he will survive at UCLA?

Moose

« Reply #468 on: December 01, 2012, 11:26:24 AM »
FWIW ESPN insiders predicted the top unsigned players in 2013 and where they would end up-

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/basketball/mens/story/_/id/8691676/staff-predictions-undecided-espn-100-basketball-recruits

Jordan-

Biancardi- Temple
Finkelstein- STJ
Francisco- Cuse
LaPlante- STJ
Rankin- Temple
Stovall- Rutgers
Telep- STJ

Lawrence-

Biancardi- STJ
Finkelstein- STJ
Francisco- Cuse
LaPlante- Cuse
Rankin- STJ
Stovall- Cincy
Telep- Cincy
Remember who broke the Slice news

desco80

« Reply #469 on: December 01, 2012, 01:01:13 PM »
Philadelphia Daily News says he's going to decide when he gets back from UCLA...

Rutgers, Cincy, and Cuse are out of it supposedly.

3 team race: St Johns, UCLA, Temple

http://articles.philly.com/2012-11-30/sports/35512916_1_vaux-star-jordan-rysheed-jordan-kamal-yard

ESPN Rumors has a link to this as well..

Rysheed Jordan (Vaux Roberts High/Philadelphia), ESPN's No. 66 overall player in the Class of 2013, is down to three programs according to the Philadelphia Daily News. The 6-foot-3 point guard will select from St. John's, Temple and UCLA.
Jordan will take a trip cross-country this week to UCLA and expects to decide shortly after he arrives home.
"When I come back, I'm going to give a verbal commitment to one of those schools," Jordan said.

Speculation here, but his hometown program would be a good fit. Temple is in need of a point guard with Khalif Wyatt (13 points and 5.5 assists a game) graduating after this season and Jordan could be that guy. He wouldn't necessarily have the same chance to immediately impact either St. John's or UCLA, who both have talented and young guards.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/features/rumors/_/date/20121201#9124

crgreen

« Reply #470 on: December 01, 2012, 01:11:55 PM »
And CR, given the noise already out there re: Howland, do you think he will survive at UCLA?

Well, it's tough to tell .  He seems to be in "Lavin in 2002" hell.   2002 was thinking you were in "get to the final four or you're gone" level, then finding you've been stabbed in the back when it was revealed the AD had called and offered the job to Rick Pitino - DURING the season.  Steve could only get his sblindsided team  to the Sweet 16.   2003 was Lame Duck, Done deal starting the season, and everyone knew it.   

The difference is, Howland has better talent - and the main drag ON the court just quit the team.   He's got a pg who's ALREADY won an NCAA title running the team.   He has McDonalds All Americans at EVERY position, and an extra one off the bench - and his leading scorer ISN'T one of them.   It will really depend if the team pulls for him or not.   It's amazing to watch the trolls come out on the boards for a two day feeding frenzy like when Smith quit  --- "coach is stupid", "coach is incometent", "coach as lost control", "nobody wants to play for him",  "he can't recruit anymore, no one will even consider him",  "more transfers to come",  "team has quit on him" ---- and then have the team post a 20 pt blowout win, have it announced Rysheed is in town for an official, Clark is announcing between OK St, Baylor & UCLA - and the boards are suddenly a ghost town :)

He's 5-2, coming off a 19-11 season.  He's the only guy coaching D-1 who's taken his team to 3 final fours in the last 6 seasons.   Kentucky has only 2 in the last decade.   Duke only has two in the last Decade. Florida has two in the last Decade.      Uconn HAS had 3 in the last 8 years, but their coach is gone.  Calipari, would have three, but the NCAA has vacated Memphis' 2008 season and NCAA tourney appearance for use of an inlegible player - Derrick Rose.  Ironically, it was Memphis in 2008 who knocked off UCLA in the final four, and likely prevented Ben and the Kevin Love, Russell Westbrook, Darren Collison, Luc Mbah a Moute Bruins from winning the title - which would have silenced ALL this BS for at least a couple more years :)

Personally I think he's got a young team, he's doing very much what WE'RE doing - still breaking in players, seeing who fits, who plays well with who, what offense will work,  what defense will work.  He's integrating 4 freshmen, and the main cog that didn't fit with the team that IS developing, Josh Smith, has been excised.   And they've still got up to THIRTY THREE more games to play this year.   I think the bandwagon will be pretty full in Bruinland come March.    And most of the @ssholes of today will be taking bows for how their "constructive criticism" turned the team around....

« Reply #471 on: December 01, 2012, 04:45:33 PM »
CR Do you miss the call -in show after the Bruin games.So many reasonable callers.

« Reply #472 on: December 01, 2012, 04:57:23 PM »
FWIW ESPN insiders predicted the top unsigned players in 2013 and where they would end up-

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/basketball/mens/story/_/id/8691676/staff-predictions-undecided-espn-100-basketball-recruits

Jordan-

Biancardi- Temple
Finkelstein- STJ
Francisco- Cuse
LaPlante- STJ
Rankin- Temple
Stovall- Rutgers
Telep- STJ

Lawrence-

Biancardi- STJ
Finkelstein- STJ
Francisco- Cuse
LaPlante- Cuse
Rankin- STJ
Stovall- Cincy
Telep- Cincy

Let's hope Finkelstein knows what he's talking about.

« Reply #473 on: December 01, 2012, 08:03:00 PM »

Jordan-

Biancardi- Temple
Finkelstein- STJ
Francisco- Cuse
LaPlante- STJ
Rankin- Temple
Stovall- Rutgers
Telep- STJ

Lawrence-

Biancardi- STJ
Finkelstein- STJ
Francisco- Cuse
LaPlante- Cuse
Rankin- STJ
Stovall- Cincy
Telep- Cincy

Let's hope Finkelstein knows what he's talking about.

Finkelstein is the best -- unless he is wrong  ;)

jr49

« Reply #474 on: December 01, 2012, 09:23:18 PM »
 ;D

How many other broads, I mean boards, are you talking to? Just because you a good poster don't mean we got no feelings. Unconsciously!

« Reply #475 on: December 01, 2012, 10:57:32 PM »
Looks like Rasheed brought his brand new rolls royce to LA for the visit.

MCNPA

« Reply #476 on: December 01, 2012, 11:10:41 PM »
Looks like Rasheed brought his brand new rolls royce to LA for the visit.

Mind clarifying?

« Reply #477 on: December 01, 2012, 11:33:26 PM »
Well, MOST LIKELY not his, but he posted pics of himself in LA with a brand new rolls. I guess being driven around on his trip with one.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 11:58:39 PM by steveyl15 »

kob24

« Reply #478 on: December 02, 2012, 08:14:56 AM »
No way he picks ucla. They are in shambles right now. The look on kyles face says alot

« Reply #479 on: December 02, 2012, 08:37:26 AM »
No way he picks ucla. They are in shambles right now. The look on kyles face says alot

That is 2 reasons. Distance and the fact that unless UCLA can get their act together soon they are not making the NCAA's and Howland will be looking for another job.