Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies

Chilleb

Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #520 on: December 12, 2012, 08:37:18 PM »
Where not getting him, those quotes don't have any emotional attachment to them and sound cliche' and hollow. But on the other hand I'm a bit confident with Lawrence

paultzman

« Reply #521 on: December 12, 2012, 08:38:58 PM »
Where not getting him, those quotes don't have any emotional attachment to them and sound cliche' and hollow. But on the other hand I'm a bit confident with Lawrence

Agree

« Reply #522 on: December 12, 2012, 09:18:32 PM »

Were not getting him off a quote? C'mon man, you're reaching
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 09:19:05 PM by Redstormy80 »

Chilleb

« Reply #523 on: December 12, 2012, 09:26:27 PM »

I'll be a bit more specific, not just the quote but I've just felt this way for a bit, if you feel different kudos to your optimism but I'm just going off a realistic hunch. However did that quote make you feel any more confident in his choice? I know It didn't for me.

« Reply #524 on: December 12, 2012, 09:37:30 PM »

I'll be a bit more specific, not just the quote but I've just felt this way for a bit, if you feel different kudos to your optimism but I'm just going off a realistic hunch. However did that quote make you feel any more confident in his choice? I know It didn't for me.

I have no idea where he goes but I do think we have a 50/50 shot. Wouldn't be surprised if he picks Temple or St John's but that quote specifically didn't seem to expose anything. We'll see hopefully your gut is wrong  :)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 10:00:59 PM by Redstormy80 »

« Reply #525 on: December 12, 2012, 09:56:56 PM »

What quote though?  From the Rivals piece?

SJU may not get him but he hardly said anything but cliches about all 3 schools.

I actually think the kid is doing a good job not tipping his hand.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 09:58:20 PM by fordham96 »

Chilleb

« Reply #526 on: December 12, 2012, 10:12:07 PM »

I have no idea where he goes but I do think we have a 50/50 shot. Wouldn't be surprised if he picks Temple or St John's but that quote specifically didn't seem to expose anything. We'll see hopefully your gut is wrong  :)
Yeah none of "those" quotes exposed anything that's why I said they were cliche an showed no emotional attachment. But my reasoning isn't just off the quotes nor did it originate from the quotes because if that was the case it sounded like he's never going to commit

Chilleb

« Reply #527 on: December 12, 2012, 10:15:05 PM »

SJU may not get him but he hardly said anything but cliches about all 3 schools.

You just repeated what I wrote , maybe the way I typed it made it look like I was blaming it on a quote . But I said "those" quotes as to not specify but generalize all the quotes in the piece in being cliche. I stated how I felt then gave my opinion on how I felt about the quotes from the piece.

Chilleb

« Reply #528 on: December 12, 2012, 10:17:30 PM »
Rysheed Jordan in a St. John's uni would make me happy... Rysheed Jordan In another uni wouldn't surprise me

« Reply #529 on: December 12, 2012, 10:22:43 PM »

You just repeated what I wrote , maybe the way I typed it made it look like I was blaming it on a quote . But I said "those" quotes as to not specify but generalize all the quotes in the piece in being cliche. I stated how I felt then gave my opinion on how I felt about the quotes from the piece.

Then you are right I misinterpreted what you wrote.  This does eerily remind me of the Anderson/ SHU recruitment.  He goes to their games as they are close by and retweets some of their stuff.  Heck even SJU and UCLA are finalists again.

I think SJU is right there.

« Reply #530 on: December 12, 2012, 10:28:32 PM »
[ @ ] blackjesus_4 Temple showed mad love tonight...

« Reply #531 on: December 13, 2012, 12:01:10 AM »
[ @ ] blackjesus_4 Temple showed mad love tonight...

I think it would have a better effect if it was topless girls with his name on their bodies

« Reply #532 on: December 13, 2012, 12:23:53 AM »
This guy would be my favorite recruit we have brought in the last couple of years. With the names we have got here, that is not easy for me to say. I really hope he comes here and doesn't go to the glorified CUSA.

« Reply #533 on: December 13, 2012, 12:42:29 AM »
if the BE dissolves, this could make Rysheed's mind up immediately...

« Reply #534 on: December 13, 2012, 12:46:03 AM »
if the BE dissolves, this could make Rysheed's mind up immediately...

Hopefully it does. Georgetown, Villanova, Marquette and St. John's, plus whoever we add >>> Memphis, Temple and two schools pleading to get out.

SJU79

« Reply #535 on: December 13, 2012, 09:10:40 AM »
Not a clue what this kid is thinking but they are trying to get him to a game at the Garden before he decides.

Moose

« Reply #536 on: December 13, 2012, 09:16:07 AM »
Not a clue what this kid is thinking but they are trying to get him to a game at the Garden before he decides.

Too bad we don't play at the Garden for another month
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #537 on: December 13, 2012, 10:30:46 AM »
I'm hoping he waits a while.  I think the longer it goes, the better for us.  Wouldn't mind if he made a Garden game or two and see what bball is really like.  Perfect one might be our first against Nova.
Oh so you would like to see him make it to a Knick game. :)

« Reply #538 on: December 13, 2012, 10:40:05 AM »

Maybe he can sit behind the SJU bench at the Jan 2nd game at the Pavilion....

« Reply #539 on: December 13, 2012, 04:27:43 PM »

Maybe he can sit behind the SJU bench at the Jan 2nd game at the Pavilion....
NY POST HEADLINE on Rysheed visit to MSG:

(Black) Jesus visits Mecca
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 04:28:52 PM by bball purist »