Question for Choz

• 18 replies

pmg911

Question for Choz
« on: February 20, 2008, 02:23:13 PM »
Yesterday on WFAN they were discussing the article that was in the Hartford paper...     and this specific section...

Some of it is because the problems the program has been through. Some of it comes from Roberts' refusal to play a complicated game with the city's elite AAU programs. According to a source close to the AAU situation in New York, Roberts may be highly respected by the top AAU coaches, but he is "unwilling to play the game to get players." A game that says a coach has to "pick" a program, and not just a player.

"If you want that player, you've got to be down with the whole team and choose from that team only," said the source, who is involved in the elite AAU circuit. "You can't recruit X player from X team and then another player from another team. You have to stick with a team. That's just the way it is. Norm has basically said to everybody that he wants to be fair to everyone because he has to be able to recruit New York, but that he can't be beholden to just one situation.

"For what St. John's is going through right now, I just don't think Norm can afford to play this game. Norm is a high-integrity guy and I respect what he's doing and how he's trying to do it, but things are just different in recruiting now."

Choz..  would you say this is true..    that in order to succesfully recruit a player you need to be lined up with one particular program..?

We all know Fran & Jarvis were firmly lined up with Riverside/Metro Hawks...

Re: Question for Choz
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 02:37:40 PM »
wouldn't you say we have a connection with Bridgton Academy? Lamont Hamilton, Justin Burrell, Paris Horne
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Randomhero423

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 03:10:04 PM »
well that's not a AAU thing.  and if i remeber correctly lamont was a jarvis guy and the only offer from a major program was STJ for horne. 

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 03:14:59 PM »
quarran went to bridgton also
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Randomhero423

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 03:16:06 PM »
i thought he was a NJ boy.

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 03:24:19 PM »

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 03:53:59 PM »
By Espn's recruit ranking, Horne had the highest out of anyone in this class at 82

kob24

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 05:31:24 PM »
the choz doesnt mess with st. johns. nor does metro hawks, juice,players,westchester hawks. the only one was the lightning which coached for. now im with the panthers oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Randomhero423

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 09:31:35 PM »
first off.

calhoun went to st thomas more in CT. not the academy

paris horne we competed with st louis, ohio and st bonaventure.  all didn't even offer.

i'm so sick of norm roberts.  man..

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 10:37:37 PM »
First up, dont know who was doin the talkin there but it wudnt Mo cause Mo dont think like that.

Second, the loyalties in AAU aint what they use to be. Was a time when it wuz hardcore specially tween the Choz (Gauchos) and the Church and later wit Gary Charles and his crew. Let anyone tell y'all the story bout Swea Pea Daniels and his allegiance and how strong it was back in the day. 

Anyway my beliefs is as follow: a lotta AAU coach got they sensitive egos so when they hear you recruiting playa X from his team and playa Y from another team sometime that coach do wrong fo his kid and start pushin him away. It all politics.

Thing is this: If St. John is winnin then the politics dont get in the way. All them AAUs dont get the same control cause the playas is star struck wit a winnin St. John team, 19 large at the Garden and keepin the pride alive in NYC tru ball.

You do mo damage if you stick wit one AAU. Happen wit Dermon and the Church. Church go down in scandal, Gaucho go up wit the best collection of guards and all them leave NYC faster than you say rat-a-tat-tat. Simple as puttin yo money on one number then less likely you gonna win. Diversify yo portfolio and y'all gonna be better in the long run. Tru believe.

-Choz4Life
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

hick

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 10:59:14 PM »
not true  paris horne did receive offers from all of the above plus v tech pennstate george washington cal state clemson and stlouis to name a few'

kjd01067

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 11:56:41 PM »
not true  paris horne did receive offers from all of the above plus v tech pennstate george washington cal state clemson and stlouis to name a few'

paris is that you ?

Randomhero423

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 12:00:44 AM »
well according to scout.com that's what it had..  and still.  v tech/penn state/cal state/clemson... that isn't exactly great schools either...  where's proof they offered?  i'm really just wondering since i hadn't heard it anywhere, and even old red would have pointed it out.

hick

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2008, 02:14:58 PM »
Everything that paris has done or was offered from any school has not been reported  guys only kwow some of the news and since you dont know me personally i can only tell you that i have been on these visits with him as i am  a close family member.             

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2008, 02:20:39 PM »
well according to scout.com that's what it had..  and still.  v tech/penn state/cal state/clemson... that isn't exactly great schools either...  where's proof they offered?  i'm really just wondering since i hadn't heard it anywhere, and even old red would have pointed it out.

scout and rivals aren't the always on the money. Both sites do a good job of covering things on a national scale more so for top 150 players. Notice some rivals or scout sites for teams are better than others too.

Randomhero423

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2008, 02:24:27 PM »
still though..  it's not like we beat him from any great schools aside from clemson (who's not even that great).  did coming to STJ have more to do with burrell or norm?

keep postin hick, i'll love to hear some insight you can have for us

hick

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2008, 06:34:31 PM »
Paris was also offered by oklahoma state but chose to stay close to home.

kob24

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2008, 08:13:38 PM »
calhoun graduated from bridgeton academy then justin went the year after

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2008, 06:34:43 AM »
calhoun graduated from bridgeton academy then justin went the year after

Correct. Watched them all play for Bridgeton.