Pro careers on the horizon, Red Storm pair enjoying time at Pro City [NY Post]

• 10 replies
Justin Brownlee helped make a name for himself and St. John’s University for many different reasons last season.

The 6-foot-7 forward was the team’s second leading scorer and rebounder in his final season as the program made a return to the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2002. Even with all that there is one play Brownlee was remembered for when he walks around New York City.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/high_school/more_sports/with_nike_careers_time_city_horizon_wrvFrnWS2UQUZ26nEbCgeP#ixzz1RzGmgX2s
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Nike Pro City should be renamed the St.johns Alumni Basketball game! Artest , Anthony glover , Omar cook, Tyrone Grant , Paris Horne , Justin Burrell , Justin Brownlee , Rob Thomas, Ryan Williams , Geno , kyle cuffe, someone said they seen Showtime & Hardy play as well but I didn't see them the past two weeks since I been going

It was great to see tonight Artest banging with Justin Burrell down low. JB played with great composure down the stretch. They won by 2 points in OT due to JB hustle points and Andre Barrett game winnig shot with .8 left. Artest tried to tie the game with a spin fade away jump shot but to no avail!

Also Artest brought Maurice Harkless out he is on  QueensBridge with him. He got a few minutes just too small to bang with the pros right now
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 01:56:49 AM by KAHNIGHT »
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

Nike Pro City should be renamed the St.johns Alumni Basketball game! Artest , Anthony glover , Omar cook, Tyrone Grant , Paris Horne , Justin Burrell , Justin Brownlee , Rob Thomas, Ryan Williams , Geno , kyle cuffe, someone said they seen Showtime & Hardy play as well but I didn't see them the past two weeks since I been going

It was great to see tonight Artest banging with Justin Burrell down low. JB played with great composure down the stretch. They won by 2 points in OT due to JB hustle points and Andre Barrett game winnig shot with .8 left. Artest tried to tie the game with a spin fade away jump shot but to no avail!

Also Artest brought Maurice Harkless out he is on  QueensBridge with him. He got a few minutes just too small to bang with the pros right now

Wow, awesome post - thanks for the report....Absolutely awesome to read that Ronnie is showing Harkless around and that he got a feel of such a pro St. John's event in NYC...This is part of what being at St. Johns is all about

NYCoffey

I wasn't sure where to post, here is a Post write up about the game the other night at Dyckman. Sounds like Hardy is still doing what he does. I also grabbed a quick video from his twitter. Place looks crazy.

http://nyc.pointslocal.com/story/nyc/343753/big-east-backcourt-leads-ooh-way-over-team-nike

http://www.twitvid.com/F5M7D

Justin Brownlee helped make a name for himself and St. John’s University for many different reasons last season.

The 6-foot-7 forward was the team’s second leading scorer and rebounder in his final season as the program made a return to the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2002. Even with all that there is one play Brownlee was remembered for when he walks around New York City.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/high_school/more_sports/with_nike_careers_time_city_horizon_wrvFrnWS2UQUZ26nEbCgeP#ixzz1RzGmgX2s

It's clear that the coach of Jason Curry’s Big Apple Basketball has no idea what Sean Evans is capable of.

Marillac

The talent is sick right now in NYC summer ball.  Seeing names like Kenny Satterfield, Andre Barrett, Keydran Clark, Omar Cook, Anthony Glover, Ron Artest, Corey Fisher, JB1, JB2...even Brandon Jennings was supposed to play in the game, but cancelled last minute.   

I think this is an aspect of going to college at St. John's in NYC that Lavin and the staff need to harp on.  Having Harkless getting taken around by RON ARTEST to summer tournaments, and seeing each of these leagues loaded with St. John's stars to play with.  That's a family atmosphere. 

Who would have guessed that Ron Ron would have been the most loyal alum we've had from the team.  He proves it over and over again.

MCNPA

The talent is sick right now in NYC summer ball.  Seeing names like Kenny Satterfield, Andre Barrett, Keydran Clark, Omar Cook, Anthony Glover, Ron Artest, Corey Fisher, JB1, JB2...even Brandon Jennings was supposed to play in the game, but cancelled last minute.   

I think this is an aspect of going to college at St. John's in NYC that Lavin and the staff need to harp on.  Having Harkless getting taken around by RON ARTEST to summer tournaments, and seeing each of these leagues loaded with St. John's stars to play with.  That's a family atmosphere. 

Who would have guessed that Ron Ron would have been the most loyal alum we've had from the team.  He proves it over and over again.

That's another area Lavin can and likely will have a positive impact.  He can build that atmosphere where former players want to come back, get back into coaching and give back to the school.  Lavin has already done so by linking this recruiting class socially long before the season begins.  It's evident as he only coached a handful of years, but already has a former player of his Rico Hines as a lead assistant and now Earl Watson wanting to do e same and learn the ropes.  He's a real "players coach" and hopefully he can build a fraternity of guys who love him, their days at SJU and want to return.  It's something SJU has missed since Louie.

I havent seen a crown look so big and a court so small since my days long long ago of CYO domination in Glen Cove. LOL

That crowd was crazy

My nephew went to Terrence Mullin's Basketball camp this week. Horne and Burrell were guest speakers 1 day, Tom Pecora and Fordham recruit Brandon Frazier were another. Is Burrell gonna play overseas?

kob24

yes marco. google kevin durant pro city and they have highlights of him and justin

yes marco. google kevin durant pro city and they have highlights of him and justin

I got Burrell highlights on video. My intern was there filming.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle