Burrell

• 33 replies
Burrell
« on: February 21, 2008, 01:42:01 PM »
averaging 4rpg over his last 10 games hasn't seen the double digit mark since Depaul.....whats up?

Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Burrell
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 01:44:21 PM »
yah it seems he has hit the wall
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Randomhero423

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 01:48:19 PM »
i've said this whole time his rebounding must improve.  to be honest he looks a bit lost out there.  not really completely his fault but he just hasn't been the same.

there's rumors of him transferring via a newspaper.  what ya think kob?

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 01:54:20 PM »
the man has no help.....someone needs to grab their balls and play big....

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 02:03:13 PM »
i've said this whole time his rebounding must improve.  to be honest he looks a bit lost out there.  not really completely his fault but he just hasn't been the same.

link

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 02:09:57 PM »

link

found this on redmen.com

http://blogs.jsonline.com/muhoops/archive/2008/02/20/wrapping-up-st-john-s.aspx

Freshman forward Justin Burrell looks to be a very talented player as well, although there are already rumblings he's looking to transfer after the dismal year St. John's has had and with the rumors that coach Norm Roberts could be on his way out.

-- It's little wonder St. John's is now splitting its home games between Madison Square Garden and Carnesecca Arena, its on-campus facility.

Attendance was announced at 6,413 in 'The World's Most Famous Arena' on Wednesday, and in reality it was probably half that. And those that were there were dead almost all evening; I could hear a number of Crean's discussions from across the court throughout the game.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 02:11:16 PM by NYCbuckeye »

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 02:18:23 PM »
So we're relying on a Marquette beat writer on rumors about our team? Come on

Randomhero423

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 02:21:23 PM »
he wouldn't be spreading it if there weren't some legs.  plus, there were rumors of him wanting to go to NOVA.  i think there's a strong possiblity and i would not be shocked at all if he's gone. 

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 02:30:02 PM »

JJ, all im saying (pardon me to but into the conversation), is dont be surprised if some of our guys are gone next year..norm does have a history....now, if we were winning...thats a different story....with all that being said..i give 20% chance in burrell leaving next year....40% in wright leaving.....IMO.

Randomhero423

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 02:32:28 PM »
i think it's more 60%.  i wouldn't be shocked at all.

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 02:44:24 PM »
Why because its suggested on forum by a bunch of crazy fans(applies to everyone here including myself)?

Do you see these kids on campus on a daily basis? Do you see them at practice? Behind closed doors? We see them for 40-80 minutes a week. At this point in Larry's career with the minutes he's seen who is going to be a taker? He isn't stepping up to a better school with more exposure. Justin was planning on jumping to the NBA in 2 seasons so if he still has that hopes transferring sets him back another year. I don't think either are transferring.

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 02:59:38 PM »
Why because its suggested on forum by a bunch of crazy fans(applies to everyone here including myself)?

Do you see these kids on campus on a daily basis? Do you see them at practice? Behind closed doors? We see them for 40-80 minutes a week. At this point in Larry's career with the minutes he's seen who is going to be a taker? He isn't stepping up to a better school with more exposure. Justin was planning on jumping to the NBA in 2 seasons so if he still has that hopes transferring sets him back another year. I don't think either are transferring.

you are correct. i've never spoken to either kids or to be honest seen any of them LIVE this year. its pure speculation based of norm's history...calhoun, torres, patterson, gray,.....

but i will say this, it dont take a quantum mechanics major to see that burrell and wright are not happy, at least on the camera during a game.

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 03:09:27 PM »
who would be happy when you're losing? I don't think anyone on the team is happy

Randomhero423

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2008, 04:29:54 PM »
cav must be happy getting the start last night..

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2008, 05:37:28 PM »

how many times does Kob have to answer the question?  Kob has said JB is committed to St. John's.  But you would rather believe a beat writer that most likely got this from one of the team's message boards?
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2008, 05:39:53 PM »
averaging 4rpg over his last 10 games hasn't seen the double digit mark since Depaul.....whats up?

he has the ability but looks extremely frustrated.  He's got to grow up some.

Randomhero423

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2008, 05:43:53 PM »

how many times does Kob have to answer the question?  Kob has said JB is committed to St. John's.  But you would rather believe a beat writer that most likely got this from one of the team's message boards?

minds change..

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2008, 05:47:34 PM »

minds change..

daily?

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2008, 06:03:12 PM »
changing schools is tough for a ball player thats why choosing a school is so important. Especially for a player who has NBA potential losing a year is a killer especially for a guy who prepped. Its in Justin's best personal interest to remain here and all this transfer talk is just stupid for any player.

If you worked late all the time or were away on business all the time and your lady was cool with it would you want her girlfriend to suggest well maybe he is cheating?

Just because things aren't the best situation here there is no reason to suggest these things when there is no validity. 

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2008, 09:02:38 PM »
No way he's transferring to 'Nova.  Let's be serious...  ::)