(3) Harrison - Texas
(4) Pointer - Michigan
(5) Lindsey- Pennsylvania
(6) Pelle - California
(7) Garrett - Nevada
(8) Achiuwa - (Nigeria)
(9) Greene - Illinois
(10) Gathers - Louisiana

It's also interesting that I don't think one American player on this list played at only one high school. 

Re: Lavin's ten committed players thus far
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 10:06:40 PM »
No two players are from the same state!

(1) Harkless - New York
(2) Sampson - Ohio
(3) Harrison - Texas
(4) Pointer - Michigan
(6) Pelle - California
(7) Garrett - Nevada
(8) Achiuwa - (Nigeria)
(9) Greene - Illinois
(10) Gathers - Louisiana

It's also interesting that I don't think one American player on this list played at only one high school. 
And if we got Kyle he'd be our first commit form Jersey :)

MCNPA

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 10:09:24 PM »
Maybe that's why Jevon isn't on board any more.  He was ruining the flow...  ;)

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 11:03:51 PM »
I thought Amir Garret was from Cali?

Gumby

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 11:12:04 PM »
Amir is from CA!

However,  the original point, I think, was the spread of locations where our recruits are from.  No more spread consisting only of Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, and Nassau/Suffolk.  I would even throw in PA.

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 11:12:28 PM »
I dont remember Nurideen, Deangelo, or Gathers playing for more than one highschool
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Moose

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 11:15:44 PM »
Amir is from CA!

However,  the original point, I think, was the spread of locations where our recruits are from.  No more spread consisting only of Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, and Nassau/Suffolk.  I would even throw in PA.

According to this article he played youth sports in Nevada.

http://www.lvrj.com/sports/pilots-star-garrett-will-try-to-play-two-sports-123442889.html
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 11:19:42 PM »
Kinda funny though, when we were looking for a new head coach many listed coaches that had strong NY ties assuming that most players would be local and we hire a west coast guy that has 1 kid from NY coming in so far

Marillac

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 12:10:31 AM »
I dont remember Nurideen, Deangelo, or Gathers playing for more than one highschool

Nuri went to a NEPSAC school--I believe South Kent--for a brief period.  I thought I saw that D'Angelo did his freshman year out of state...in Oklahoma, maybe?

I believe you are correct about Gathers, though.  I should have wrote the 2011 American recruits. 

crgreen

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 01:44:02 AM »
No two players are from the same state!

(1) Harkless - New York
(2) Sampson - Ohio
(3) Harrison - Texas
(4) Pointer - Michigan
(6) Pelle - California
(7) Garrett - Nevada
(8) Achiuwa - (Nigeria)
(9) Greene - Illinois
(10) Gathers - Louisiana

But he actually recruited them from the states they've played their last year of HS/JC ball - it still holds true, but it looks like this:

Lindsay - Oklahoma
Harrison - Texas
Pelle - California
Garrett - Nevada
Pointer - North Carolina
Sampson - Massachusetts
Harkless - Connecticut
Achiuwa - New York
Greene - Florida
Gathers - Louisiana

gonzalo

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 02:33:16 AM »
Garrett is from Los Angeles, CA and he played in Leuzinger High School in Lawndale, CA.

And don´t forget Dwayne Polee, from Los Angeles, CA.

Marillac

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 03:18:00 AM »
Garrett is from Los Angeles, CA and he played in Leuzinger High School in Lawndale, CA.

Please check your facts.  Amir Garret is from Nevada.  He transferred to Leuzinger for a year and there were even reports that he was going to be ruled ineligible his senior season because of the suspicious transfer.  He transferred back to Nevada to play at nearby Findlay Prep. 

Polee is no longer a committed player of Lavin's.  I expect that California will become the first state with more than one representative and that New York won't be too far behind. 

gonzalo

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2011, 04:23:35 AM »

Please check your facts.  Amir Garret is from Nevada.  He transferred to Leuzinger for a year and there were even reports that he was going to be ruled ineligible his senior season because of the suspicious transfer.  He transferred back to Nevada to play at nearby Findlay Prep. 

Polee is no longer a committed player of Lavin's.  I expect that California will become the first state with more than one representative and that New York won't be too far behind. 

My facts are Garrett´s facebook page and the St. John´s Official page:

http://www.redstormsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/111010aad.html

Amir Garrett • F • 6-6 • 190 • Fr.-H.S. • Los Angeles, Calif. (Findlay Prep)

Garrett transferred to Findlay Prep (Henderson, Nev.) after leading Leuzinger High (Lawndale, Calif.) to the California Interscholastic Federation SS Division I-A championship in 2009-10. As a junior, he averaged 16.8 points, 7.2 rebounds, 1.6 assists and 1.6 steals per game. He was named CIF SS Division I-A Co-Player of the Year and tabbed for the first-ever Cal-Hi Sports all-state team. The Long Beach Press-Telegram named Garrett to its 2010-11 Best In The West First Team, along with fellow St. John's incoming freshman Norvel Pelle.

And Polee committed with Lavin, so I include it.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 04:30:36 AM by gonzalo »

Marillac

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2011, 06:38:11 AM »

My facts are Garrett´s facebook page and the St. John´s Official page:

http://www.redstormsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/111010aad.html

Amir Garrett • F • 6-6 • 190 • Fr.-H.S. • Los Angeles, Calif. (Findlay Prep)

Garrett transferred to Findlay Prep (Henderson, Nev.) after leading Leuzinger High (Lawndale, Calif.) to the California Interscholastic Federation SS Division I-A championship in 2009-10. As a junior, he averaged 16.8 points, 7.2 rebounds, 1.6 assists and 1.6 steals per game. He was named CIF SS Division I-A Co-Player of the Year and tabbed for the first-ever Cal-Hi Sports all-state team. The Long Beach Press-Telegram named Garrett to its 2010-11 Best In The West First Team, along with fellow St. John's incoming freshman Norvel Pelle.

And Polee committed with Lavin, so I include it.
http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/X6nD6COTRkuV4uVA8op69g/basketball-winter-07-08/profile-amir-garrett.htm

http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/tk2bCVZnu0m-Rj_jhEEoXg/basketball-winter-08-09/profile-amir-garrett.htm

You don't know when to quit do you?
Amir Garrett played at Sierra Vista High School in Las Vegas, NEVADA for his first two years in high school.  He moved in with relatives in California for his junior season.  He transferred back to NEVADA to play for Findlay Prep his senior season.  3/4 of his high school seasons were in Nevada--where he grew up.  He spent one year in California.

By your logic, Sampson would be from New Hampshire, Greene from Florida, Harkless would be from Connecticut, and so on as they each spent a single season living in another state.

MCNPA

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2011, 10:15:20 AM »
Marillac is correct, he is a Nevada native.

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2011, 08:04:02 AM »
I think Amir spent some younger years in California.  I can't find the article but there was some mention of it.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

MCNPA

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2011, 08:12:31 AM »
I think Amir spent some younger years in California.  I can't find the article but there was some mention of it.

Still he's a henderson nevada native.  He spent a year or two at Leuzinger in Cali. 

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2011, 08:15:58 AM »

Still he's a henderson nevada native.  He spent a year or two at Leuzinger in Cali. 

I'm not disagreeing with you.  But I'm talking about before high school...there was a mention in an article about him playing youth sports in California.  Just saying there is a reason for the confusion.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Moose

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2011, 08:19:21 AM »

I'm not disagreeing with you.  But I'm talking about before high school...there was a mention in an article about him playing youth sports in California.  Just saying there is a reason for the confusion.

Actually article I posted said he was youth standout in Nevada. Maybe Dave or one of the staff writers here can ask him.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Marillac

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2011, 02:15:27 PM »
Gotta love the off-season arguments.  I heard Amir once visited Disney World in Florida. 
At least this beats the height arguments.  It's always funny when we are bored enough to dissect photos to discuss the heights of players.