Kris Johnson's twitter

• 29 replies
Kris Johnson's twitter
« on: August 11, 2011, 10:50:23 AM »
I'm sure this is former UCLA player and Marques Johnson's son, Kris Johnson....  He gave mad props to the Johnnies staff, per his twitter page.

Btw coach Mike Dunlap is a legit basketball savant

http://twitter.com/#!/PointForwardPro/status/101410210379350017

Tony Chiles is big-time as well. Big. Time.

http://twitter.com/#!/PointForwardPro/status/101412948173537280

I guess this particular person on twitter was questioning Johnson on giving our staff props.

@bballjunkie221 I played w\Rico, hosted him on his visit in 96', been friends for 15 years fam. Dunlap is highly respected everywhere fam

http://twitter.com/#!/PointForwardPro/status/101415676178206720

Gotta love the pub.

mkras99

Re: Kris Johnson's twitter
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 11:39:39 AM »
Great pub MJ - 1,466 followers (most of whom probably don't read his tweets) :)

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 11:51:57 AM »
Great pub MJ - 1,466 followers (most of whom probably don't read his tweets) :)

LOL  True!  As, we both stated....  Great pub, nontheless! 

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 12:37:11 PM »
Coach Lavin and his staff have far reaching ties that we just haven't been used to lately. This is the way a program and staff  is supposed to be talked about!!! 

BTW Interesting tidbit I just found: Marques and Kris Johnson remain the only father and son in the history of collegiate basketball, to win a national championship at the same school.

crgreen

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 05:24:30 PM »
Coach Lavin and his staff have far reaching ties that we just haven't been used to lately. This is the way a program and staff  is supposed to be talked about!!! 

BTW Interesting tidbit I just found: Marques and Kris Johnson remain the only father and son in the history of collegiate basketball, to win a national championship at the same school.

Also (I believe) the only father/son combo to lead the Pac 10 in scoring.   And until the Polees acomplished the feat last year, the only fater/son Los Angeles Player of the Year combo.   Kris was a terrific player, got his hoop skills from his dad, but unfortunately his  hops from his mom...

Anyone notice Rico seems to breed really solid friendships?  Baron sending Nuri here.  Kris pimping the staff on twitter.   Heck, Rico once swung a metal stool at Matt Barnes head - and yet Matt came to Rico for help making the jump from DLeague to the Show- and keeps coming back....

Moose

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 05:35:39 PM »

Also (I believe) the only father/son combo to lead the Pac 10 in scoring.   And until the Polees acomplished the feat last year, the only fater/son Los Angeles Player of the Year combo.   Kris was a terrific player, got his hoop skills from his dad, but unfortunately his  hops from his mom...

Anyone notice Rico seems to breed really solid friendships?  Baron sending Nuri here.  Kris pimping the staff on twitter.   Heck, Rico once swung a metal stool at Matt Barnes head - and yet Matt came to Rico for help making the jump from DLeague to the Show- and keeps coming back....

Baron sending Nuri?
I think Tony Chiles had more to do with that.
Remember who broke the Slice news

crgreen

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 05:45:29 PM »

Baron sending Nuri?

Nuri was qouted as saying Baron was one of the advisors that steered him to St. Johns as a place that "can prepare you for the NBA".  Big discussion on the Bruin boards at the time, as it was widely reported there for the past decade that Baron hates Lavin and doesn't think he can coach.....

Moose

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 05:53:45 PM »

Baron sending Nuri?

Nuri was qouted as saying Baron was one of the advisors that steered him to St. Johns as a place that "can prepare you for the NBA".  Big discussion on the Bruin boards at the time, as it was widely reported there for the past decade that Baron hates Lavin and doesn't think he can coach.....

Well aware of the Baron/Lavin stuff.  But Chiles coaching in Philly and going after Nuri when at Drexel I'm sure was the foot in the door.  If Baron helped sure possibly but I would have chose a different word than 'sending'.

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2011, 05:58:04 PM »

Baron sending Nuri?

Well aware of the Baron/Lavin stuff.  But Chiles coaching in Philly and going after Nuri when at Drexel I'm sure was the foot in the door.  If Baron helped sure possibly but I would have chose a different word than 'sending'.

Chiles brought alot of NY guys to Drexel if I remember correctly. Is he the head recruiter here?

Moose

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2011, 05:59:23 PM »

Baron sending Nuri?

Chiles brought alot of NY guys to Drexel if I remember correctly. Is he the head recruiter here?

Don't think there is a 'head' recruiter.  Him, Rico and Lav seem to be on the road the most.

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2011, 06:38:04 PM »
I'm sure this is former UCLA player and Marques Johnson's son, Kris Johnson....  He gave mad props to the Johnnies staff, per his twitter page.

I guess this particular person on twitter was questioning Johnson on giving our staff props.

@bballjunkie221 I played w\Rico, hosted him on his visit in 96', been friends for 15 years fam. Dunlap is highly respected everywhere fam

Gotta love the pub.
Although Kris considers Pauley Pavilion to be the Mecca of basketball.  I thought there could only be one Mecca, and the one that comes first has to be the real deal - he he he 

cr, any thoughts?  :-\

crgreen

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2011, 07:58:08 PM »

Gotta love the pub.
Although Kris considers Pauley Pavilion to be the Mecca of basketball.  I thought there could only be one Mecca, and the one that comes first has to be the real deal - he he he 

He obviously meant COLLEGE basketball.  This banner and the Eleven individual ones it represents hang in Pauley, and both he and his dad each hung one (20 years apart)...

« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 07:58:57 PM by crgreen »

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2011, 08:10:28 PM »

Gotta love the pub.

He obviously meant COLLEGE basketball.  This banner and the Eleven individual ones it represents hang in Pauley, and both he and his dad each hung one (20 years apart)...

I don't know cr, I got Kris to admit something  :2funny:

http://twitter.com/Terptek/status/102151618086174720

http://twitter.com/PointForwardPro/status/102153468172705792
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 08:12:19 PM by bball purist »

Poison

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2011, 09:05:30 PM »
So Baron Davis hand delivered an NBA point guard to Steve Lavin at St.John's.
Is this the same Baron Davis that had the nerve to blame Lavin for his team's failure in the dance?

crgreen

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2011, 03:06:56 AM »
So Baron Davis hand delivered an NBA point guard to Steve Lavin at St.John's.
Is this the same Baron Davis that had the nerve to blame Lavin for his team's failure in the dance?

Baron's quote wasn't blaming Steve.   in fact, it was very similar to the comment Burrell made during last season.  Baron's comment was (pointing to the rafters at Pauley Pavillion) " "We should have a banner up there: the only team to make the tournament without a coach."  Burrell's comment was ""He doesn't really coach. I don't know what he does."

Foad

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2011, 09:00:28 AM »
Baron's quote wasn't blaming Steve.   in fact, it was very similar to the comment Burrell made during last season.  Baron's comment was (pointing to the rafters at Pauley Pavillion) " "We should have a banner up there: the only team to make the tournament without a coach."  Burrell's comment was ""He doesn't really coach. I don't know what he does."

So then you have a different opinion from the reporter who quoted Burrell and in fact nearly everyone else in the world.

"After beating Pitt, one of his team’s anchors, Justin Burrell, actually put it this way: "He doesn’t really coach. I don’t know what he does." Burrell said that with affinity and affection, unlike Baron Davis’ famous quip that his UCLA teams were the only NCAA Tournament squads to participate “without a coach,” unlike scores of UCLA observers who would blanch at some of Lavin’s coaching maneuvers back in Westwood..." NY Post (original story)

"Lavin’s ability to mold that talent was often questioned. Davis told The Contra Costa Times in 2007 during an N.B.A. shootaround at Pauley Pavillion: “We should have a banner up there — the only team to make the tournament without a coach.” - NY Times

"Not the first time [Davis has butted heads with his coach] ...Davis was waxing nostalgic about his days at Pauley, when he mused, "We should have a banner up there: the only team to make the tournament without a coach.” The coach in question at UCLA during Davis' years was the embattled Steve Lavin." - ESPN

"it's hard to shake something that Baron Davis, who played for Lavin, once said during an NBA shootaround at Pauley Pavillion. "We should have a banner up there: the only team to make the tournament without a coach."Perceptions about coaching ability aren't the only obstacle standing in Lavin's way." NBC

"As reported by Bay Area blogger Geoff Lepper of the Contra Costa Times, former UCLA point guard Baron Davis looked into the rafters at Pauley Pavilion last Friday during the Golden State Warriors' morning shoot-around and said, "We should have a banner up there: the only team to make the tournament without a coach." . . .Somewhere, surely, Steve Lavin's ears were burning. - LA Times

"Former UCLA star Baron Davis didn't help Lavin's reputation a few years ago when he returned to Pauley Pavilion for a practice with the Golden State Warriors. As he spoke to reporters about the 11 national title banners hanging from the rafters, he took a not-so-subtle jab at Lavin, saying, "We should have a banner up there: the only team to make the tournament without a coach." - Yahoo

When I Use A Word t Means Just What I Choose It To Mean, Neither More Nor Less. - Humpty Dumpty

Oh dear, how did that get in there.

Poison

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2011, 01:19:38 PM »
Davis is the worst of the best. Tons of talent, but a meaningless career. I wonder who else is to blame for his failures.

Moose

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2011, 01:34:54 PM »
Davis is the worst of the best. Tons of talent, but a meaningless career. I wonder who else is to blame for his failures.

Meaningless?  I think he has $117 million reasons his career wasn't meaningless.

Interesting chart here from Basketball Reference as well-

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/hof_prob_career.html

crgreen

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2011, 04:39:14 PM »
Baron's quote wasn't blaming Steve.   in fact, it was very similar to the comment Burrell made during last season.  Baron's comment was (pointing to the rafters at Pauley Pavillion) " "We should have a banner up there: the only team to make the tournament without a coach."  Burrell's comment was ""He doesn't really coach. I don't know what he does."

So then you have a different opinion from the reporter who quoted Burrell and in fact nearly everyone else in the world.

"After beating Pitt, one of his team’s anchors, Justin Burrell, actually put it this way: "He doesn’t really coach. I don’t know what he does." Burrell said that with affinity and affection, unlike Baron Davis’ famous quip that his UCLA teams were the only NCAA Tournament squads to participate “without a coach,” unlike scores of UCLA observers who would blanch at some of Lavin’s coaching maneuvers back in Westwood..." NY Post (original story)

"Lavin’s ability to mold that talent was often questioned. Davis told The Contra Costa Times in 2007 during an N.B.A. shootaround at Pauley Pavillion: “We should have a banner up there — the only team to make the tournament without a coach.” - NY Times

"Not the first time [Davis has butted heads with his coach] ...Davis was waxing nostalgic about his days at Pauley, when he mused, "We should have a banner up there: the only team to make the tournament without a coach.” The coach in question at UCLA during Davis' years was the embattled Steve Lavin." - ESPN

"it's hard to shake something that Baron Davis, who played for Lavin, once said during an NBA shootaround at Pauley Pavillion. "We should have a banner up there: the only team to make the tournament without a coach."Perceptions about coaching ability aren't the only obstacle standing in Lavin's way." NBC

"As reported by Bay Area blogger Geoff Lepper of the Contra Costa Times, former UCLA point guard Baron Davis looked into the rafters at Pauley Pavilion last Friday during the Golden State Warriors' morning shoot-around and said, "We should have a banner up there: the only team to make the tournament without a coach." . . .Somewhere, surely, Steve Lavin's ears were burning. - LA Times

"Former UCLA star Baron Davis didn't help Lavin's reputation a few years ago when he returned to Pauley Pavilion for a practice with the Golden State Warriors. As he spoke to reporters about the 11 national title banners hanging from the rafters, he took a not-so-subtle jab at Lavin, saying, "We should have a banner up there: the only team to make the tournament without a coach." - Yahoo

When I Use A Word t Means Just What I Choose It To Mean, Neither More Nor Less. - Humpty Dumpty

Oh dear, how did that get in there.

Intersting.  You've chosen to repeat the exact same qoute, what, 5 times?   In the 4,000 days. and 10,000 interviews since Baron left UCLA you can find ONE quote?

Not saying there aren't more out there.  But you're apparently having a very hard time finding them to illustrate your position....

I've always wondered why that single comment was singular "A banner"  - as Baron went to two NCAA's Under Lavin.  Also I always wanted to ask, why would you hang a banner for that in the first place?  You hang banners for unique accomplishments.  7  teams in 8 seasons have gone to the dance with Lavin coaching (or not)...

And I notice you're not disputing that Baron told Nuri to come play for Lavin's St. Johns team. 

Foad

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2011, 07:07:04 PM »
Baron's quote wasn't blaming Steve.

Intersting.  You've chosen to repeat the exact same qoute, what, 5 times?   In the 4,000 days. and 10,000 interviews since Baron left UCLA you can find ONE quote?

Not saying there aren't more out there.  But you're apparently having a very hard time finding them to illustrate your position....

My position is that your interpretation of the quote under discussion is preposterous. See, you said "Baron's quote wasn't blaming Steve." Quote, singular. So I found a bunch of journalists reasonably interpreting Baron's quote, referenced by my boon companion Poison - which interpretation you gainsayed - and interpretting it differently than your preposterous spin, to buttress my point, which is that your interpretation is preposterous. See, you said the quote was not a dig at Lavin, whereas everyone else who read or heard the quote said it was a dig at Lavin, which interpretation I agree with. Thus are examples of everyone else disagreeing with your preposterpous interpretation relevant, whereas a discussion of other quotes would be irrelevant, since we're discussing that one quote.

And I notice you're not disputing that Baron told Nuri to come play for Lavin's St. Johns team.

No I'm not, having no way of knowing why some kid I never heard of until a couple of months ago would behave in a particular manner. I'm not clairvoyant, as are the rest of you. Being able to read and understand simple English sentences I'm merely disputing your original preposterous point, which I suspect I and everyone else who heard the quote finds ridiculous and inane.