Former UCLA'er Ryan Bailey on Staff?

• 36 replies

Marillac

Re: Former UCLA'er Ryan Bailey on Staff?
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2011, 11:38:36 AM »
We'll be able to have our pick of the litter by 2014 with the success and exciting style of the current class. 

Gumby

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2011, 01:21:04 PM »
He is becoming the next big thing here in LA. It will be interesting to see how many ships we have because the staff is recruiting McCullough, Dakari, Whitehead, and Parker-Cartwright among others

Just look at the possible recruits for 2014, look who we picked up in 2011 and 2012, so far, and 2013 could be another interesting recruiting year.  Are we living in another time dimension?

Somebody mentioned earlier that we are becoming the UCLA of the East.  I can live with that, but I think we have a much smarter Coach Lavin than he was back ten years ago.

Marillac

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2011, 02:19:22 PM »
He is becoming the next big thing here in LA. It will be interesting to see how many ships we have because the staff is recruiting McCullough, Dakari, Whitehead, and Parker-Cartwright among others

Just look at the possible recruits for 2014, look who we picked up in 2011 and 2012, so far, and 2013 could be another interesting recruiting year.  Are we living in another time dimension?

Somebody mentioned earlier that we are becoming the UCLA of the East.  I can live with that, but I think we have a much smarter Coach Lavin than he was back ten years ago.

We might have double UCLA's attendance in two or three years. 

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2011, 03:01:46 PM »

Probably mean the Ucla that won 10 NCs in 12 years! :) :) :) :) :)

Gumby

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2011, 07:00:49 PM »
I would settle for one for a start and then being in the hunt every year.

MCNPA

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2011, 08:00:59 PM »

Probably mean the Ucla that won 10 NCs in 12 years! :) :) :) :) :)

Nobody is doing that ever again.  There are more tourney rounds now, and the playing field much more level.  I too would love one and go from there.

sju89tr

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2011, 08:01:25 PM »

Lavin assembled a star studded coaching staff. He realizes you can't go at it alone. When he took over UCLA, he was the last man standing. Don't believe the hype that he was a terrible game coach, however his real skill is obviously recruiting. This could really be an exciting run for St Johns. 

crgreen

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2011, 04:42:39 PM »
Has there been any update on the Moose Bailey joining the staff story?

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2011, 04:51:12 PM »

Lavin assembled a star studded coaching staff. He realizes you can't go at it alone. When he took over UCLA, he was the last man standing. Don't believe the hype that he was a terrible game coach, however his real skill is obviously recruiting. This could really be an exciting run for St Johns.
UCLA of the East - Lefty dreamed it and almost made it happen - Lavs and staff and the Nasty Nine have it moving forward. 

Moose

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2011, 06:17:09 PM »

He was at dinner in NYC last night with Lav, Kris Johnson and Baron Davis
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2011, 12:25:02 PM »

Was KA and family there?

crgreen

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2011, 04:23:34 PM »

Any mention if Rico was there?   I assumed he was, as he was teammates with Baron, Kris AND Moose....
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 04:24:02 PM by crgreen »

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2011, 10:15:21 AM »
According to twitter he was just named the head coach at brentwood highschool
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

sju89tr

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2011, 10:47:49 AM »

He decided to stay on west coast, felt obligated to the kids he is coaching, was replaced by Jason Tilton, former UCLA walk on and team manager

With Bailey staying on west coast, it helps us with recruiting 

Moose

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2011, 12:10:02 PM »

He decided to stay on west coast, felt obligated to the kids he is coaching, was replaced by Jason Tilton, former UCLA walk on and team manager

But he was named HC at a different school?

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2011, 12:38:47 PM »

Does he coach any top of the line players either in highschool or AAU?

Moose

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2011, 12:52:05 PM »

Does he coach any top of the line players either in highschool or AAU?

He 'was' coaching Parker-Cartwright from 2014.