WHERE CAN I BUY A ST JOHN'S JERSEY?!

• 13 replies
WHERE CAN I BUY A ST JOHN'S JERSEY?!
« on: August 25, 2011, 12:16:41 AM »
I have literally looked all over the internet, the bookstore, ebay, google, etc. etc. and there are none for sale. Wtf? How can you not sell jerseys of one of the most storied franchises in Big East history?

kob24

Re: WHERE CAN I BUY A ST JOHN'S JERSEY?!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 12:34:36 AM »
no where its disgusting. i was telling coach lavin i know a guy wh o owns a few clothing stores who wants to retro all the old st.johns jerseys hats and the shorts. but the school wont let it happen

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 12:40:39 AM »
Johnny Jungle T-Shirts are a better look anyways ;)
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 12:42:11 AM »
They should have them in the bookstore on campus and last year they had them online.  They really need to get better about this though.

TONYD3

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 11:48:14 AM »
Worse I bet it would be easy to get a hofstra, Fordham, or stony Brooke jersey.

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 10:28:30 PM »
no where its disgusting. i was telling coach lavin i know a guy wh o owns a few clothing stores who wants to retro all the old st.johns jerseys hats and the shorts. but the school wont let it happen

i saw an old school jersey on ebay a few months back, (actually i think it was ending during the gonzaga game. i was so pissed about the loss i forgot to bid. it ended at like 20 bucks. i was even more pissed when i remembered. )

it was one of the ones with the red and white, with the yellow accent color. but yeah, i havent seen too many on ebay since.

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 10:31:00 PM »
It's pretty pathetic when you look at the team apparel that St. John's puts out compared to other schools. Hopefully with a few winning seasons from this class, things will change.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 10:31:13 PM by kingofk1ngs »

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 01:53:34 PM »
I have literally looked all over the internet, the bookstore, ebay, google, etc. etc. and there are none for sale. Wtf? How can you not sell jerseys of one of the most storied franchises in Big East history?

Saw some great St. John's REDSTORM basketball t shirts at Marshalls for under $12.  They were better than anything our book store has to offer.  I certainly think that our bookstore shpould be put under new management.  They dont have a clue.  Why are they not flooded with a REDSTORM                                                   basketball clothing line.  They could be making a fortune with the right articles of clothing..... unreal. :idiot2:

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 06:57:52 PM »
There is literally some gear in the bookstore that says St. John's in normal boring font with a picture of a basketball under it. Really? My high school had nicer hats and other gear. This is a school that used to be a powerhouse in basketball and has tons of history. They are in the big east and appear ready to compete again. In such a capitalistic society, how can you not try to sell tons of jerseys and other gear from a well known basketball team? It really makes 0 sense.

Gumby

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 09:17:49 PM »
I went east this summer and had a vacation with some of my family in Saranac Lake in the Adirondacks.  I was in a shirt store looking for some Saranac Lake merchandise when i spotted Red Storm material.  Apparently, the local high school changed its name from the "Redmen" to the "Red Storm".  Sound familiar!  Wow, I thought I had died and went to Red Storm merchandise heaven.  Alas, the basketball stuff all said high school, though some of the other sports only had "Red Storm".

I have mentioned to the Alumni Relations and Athletic Department that a whole new merchandise campaign is needed with creative ideas following some of the other colleges with high revenue sales in merchandise.  The Coach Lavin era warrants a progressive program in this area, especially for us alumni living out of the Tri-State area.

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 10:18:10 PM »
I actually just emailed one of the Business Director's for St. John's Athletics. I told him there is a huge untapped fan base hungry for St. John's jerseys, shorts, hats, etc. It will probably be pushed to the side, but if more people email them we might see more products out there. Can't hurt trying.

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2011, 11:23:37 AM »
I used to be a private chef at a rectory in Manhattan named St John the Martyr. I SO wanted a jersey of Omar Cook's because it would read:
St. John's----(#) 1--- Cook. LOL ;D

Gumby

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2011, 10:15:38 PM »
I hope the School has 100,000 St. John's BB shirts with KA's name on them ready for 9/20.

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2011, 11:25:58 AM »
I actually just emailed one of the Business Director's for St. John's Athletics. I told him there is a huge untapped fan base hungry for St. John's jerseys, shorts, hats, etc. It will probably be pushed to the side, but if more people email them we might see more products out there. Can't hurt trying.

+1
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"