Countdown to ?

• 15 replies
Countdown to ?
« on: August 25, 2011, 11:25:01 PM »
Since it is on the Home Page blank. How about the countdown being Kyle's birthday/announce date. He would be our highest ranked player ever and would be the icing on the cake that Chef Lavin is preparing. Always great to have a countdown for a special occasion as we hope & pray that he joins the Red Storm.

Re: Countdown to ?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 11:46:05 PM »
Here 'ya go, Zeeman....  26 days.

pmg911

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 08:05:28 AM »
Zeeman - with all due respect you don't know much about St. John's if you are saying Kyle Anderson will be our highest ranked player ever.

DFF6

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 08:38:00 AM »
Felipe Lopez I believe was the highest ranked recruit, but I think it's fair to say we all share Zeeman's enthusiasm over KA!

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 09:04:18 AM »

« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 09:05:54 AM by mjdinkins »

derk

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 10:18:44 AM »
Zeeman - with all due respect you don't know much about St. John's if you are saying Kyle Anderson will be our highest ranked player ever.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he meant in the Jarvis/Roberts era. Can't knock the enthusiasm or the idea though. Nice job Zeeman.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 10:39:24 AM by derk »

Poison

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 10:30:57 AM »
Since it is on the Home Page blank. How about the countdown being Kyle's birthday/announce date. He would be our highest ranked player ever and would be the icing on the cake that Chef Lavin is preparing. Always great to have a countdown for a special occasion as we hope & pray that he joins the Red Storm.

He would be our highest ranked player since Omar Cook—which would be great.
Provided he doesn't throw his life away after one season.

crgreen

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 11:51:28 AM »

Just to be clear - in 2000, Omar Cook was ranked #11 by Scout (Telep), #11 by HoopScoop (Francis), # 14 by All-Star (Gibbons), and #14 by Prepstars (Oettinger).

Kyle is #3 in the last Rivals/Yahoo update.  #4 in the MAX PREPS Rankings,  #4 in PREPSTARS Rankings, #5 in the SCOUT Rankins, #6 in the ESPNU Rankings.

Cook isn't really close to the ranking of Anderson. 

Of course, it all gets into strength of class, etc. if you're doing a real comparison.  But that 2000 class wasn't the strongest ever (tho we can't really compare for a few years).  :In the RSCI Composit rankings that year, it was  #1 Zach Randolph, #2 Eddie Griffen, #3 Darius Miles, #4 Gerald Wallace, #5 Marcus Taylor, #6 DeShawn Stevensosn, #7 Chris Duhon, #8 Mario Austin, #9 Jared Jeffries, #10 Taliek Brown, #11, Andre Brown, #12 Omar...

This year the similarly ranked players are Shabazz Mohammad, Andre Drummond, Kyle, Mitch McGary, Steven Adams, Ike Austin, Rodney Purvis, Anthony Bennett, Ricardo Ledo, Brandon Ashley, Cameron Ridely...

ras

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 12:22:47 PM »
I believe Felipe Lopez was the number 1 ranked player in his class. Would love to land KA.

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 02:01:12 PM »

Zendon Hamilton was ranked 9th nationally in the high school class of 1994 by Prepstars and higher on other sites.  He was generally considered the top big in the class.  http://www.prepstars.com/archives/pasttop10.jsp

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 04:05:14 PM »
I'm taking the countdown off the site permanently anyways with site redesign which should be completed by September
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

jr49

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2011, 05:26:19 PM »

Just to be clear - in 2000, Omar Cook was ranked #11 by Scout (Telep), #11 by HoopScoop (Francis), # 14 by All-Star (Gibbons), and #14 by Prepstars (Oettinger).

Kyle is #3 in the last Rivals/Yahoo update.  #4 in the MAX PREPS Rankings,  #4 in PREPSTARS Rankings, #5 in the SCOUT Rankins, #6 in the ESPNU Rankings.

Cook isn't really close to the ranking of Anderson. 

Of course, it all gets into strength of class, etc. if you're doing a real comparison.  But that 2000 class wasn't the strongest ever (tho we can't really compare for a few years).  :In the RSCI Composit rankings that year, it was  #1 Zach Randolph, #2 Eddie Griffen, #3 Darius Miles, #4 Gerald Wallace, #5 Marcus Taylor, #6 DeShawn Stevensosn, #7 Chris Duhon, #8 Mario Austin, #9 Jared Jeffries, #10 Taliek Brown, #11, Andre Brown, #12 Omar...

This year the similarly ranked players are Shabazz Mohammad, Andre Drummond, Kyle, Mitch McGary, Steven Adams, Ike Austin, Rodney Purvis, Anthony Bennett, Ricardo Ledo, Brandon Ashley, Cameron Ridely...
Taliek ranked higher then Barrett or Cook. That surprises me. Tally did win a national championship, but at crunch time Jim often moved Gordon to the point. Nelson also part of that class. Good year for PG's.

Marillac

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2011, 06:10:03 PM »
CrGreen, we also got #3 Darius Miles to commit that year as well but he jumped to the league.  Felipe Lopez was #1 overall in the mid 90s as well.

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 10:41:24 PM »
I'm taking the countdown off the site permanently anyways with site redesign which should be completed by September
Don't change too much. Great site. The best.  8)

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 11:57:38 PM »
Don't change too much. Great site. The best.  8)

I agree, this is the best St. johns site around. I especially like the unread posts feature.

NYCoffey

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2011, 11:23:55 AM »
I believe we missed day 20 of the countdown so we can't forget our man Mullin

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1108/chris.mullin.rare.photos/images/chris-mullin.017070042.jpg