Full Schedule Announced

• 30 replies

Re: Full Schedule Announced
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 02:24:21 PM »
1. BRUTAL schedule for such a young team
2. BE season starts really early!  Dec 27!  WOW.  Kids won't be going home for X-Mas.  This game will be really tough as most students will have gone home for holiday
3.  A lot more nationally televised games

Can't wait!

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 02:31:03 PM »
Calhoun will be serving his suspension during our Dec. 31 game against UCONN.

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 03:02:08 PM »
We gonna be bringin it night after night after night after night. .
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

boo3

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 07:44:53 PM »
 Baptism by fire.   Schedule will force these kids to grow up quick.  Only way to do it.  Toss them in the deep end right away.

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 11:07:13 PM »
First game on TV...can't remember the last time that happened.  17 games on national TV.  No doubt Lavin is selling that exposure.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 11:10:04 PM »
Man, if this team can find a way to compete this year or go deep in the tournament consistently staying ranked, this can revive the team for years to come. Recruits are going to want to come here more and more and our national profile will be back. Let's hope we are a top 25 team for years to come! St. John's being relevant again in the garden and NY metro area will bring new york basketball back to prominence!

redslope

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 11:19:18 PM »
tough competition but plenty of home cooking for a young team.  should be some confidence builders early for the youngsters

desco80

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 11:45:57 PM »
Hopefully the coaching staff can find the right combinations, and the guys pickup on the zone in those first 10 games or so.   It will be interesting to see if they have the same learning curve as the more experienced, but less athletic/talented, team did last season.   I suspect our length and speed will make up for some freshmen-mistakes.  But I think most of us have tempered expectations to see competitive basketball and consistent improvement this year, and maybe in a good case scenario contend for a tournament spot.   But the year after... well... look out! lol

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 12:17:55 AM »
First game on TV...can't remember the last time that happened. .

Ummm last year?

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 08:23:00 AM »
haha...I forgot about that.  It seemed like every year we wouldn't see the first couple of games because they were against nobodies at CA.

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2011, 12:08:29 AM »
Only two conference games at Alumni is encouraging. 

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2011, 12:28:25 AM »
Doubleheader on Jan 3rd I believe.  Iona vs Siena than St Johns vs Louisville at the Garden.

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2011, 04:54:08 AM »
One of the "cupcakes" on the schedule that caught my eye was William & Mary, on November 9th. This is the team that fell to SU 63-60 at the Carrier Dome last year, and whipped Wake Forest on an ACC court the year before. The tribe had an 18-21 point lead on the Deacons most of the game before winning by 10 on the road. I know they have mostly different players now, but the Tribe might hang in there longer than most think. You can't take them lightly.

MCNPA

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2011, 07:58:55 AM »
One of the "cupcakes" on the schedule that caught my eye was William & Mary, on November 9th. This is the team that fell to SU 63-60 at the Carrier Dome last year, and whipped Wake Forest on an ACC court the year before. The tribe had an 18-21 point lead on the Deacons most of the game before winning by 10 on the road. I know they have mostly different players now, but the Tribe might hang in there longer than most think. You can't take them lightly.

Agreed.  Nobody to take lightly with such a young team.  Will be hard to get everybody on board early.

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2011, 09:39:10 AM »

They run an offense that is very difficult to defend, especially for young players.  Should be a challenging game.

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2011, 03:36:17 PM »
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/colleges/post/_/id/2556/st-johns-tweaks-mens-hoops-schedule

A few changes to the schedule in case someone printed the original that was released.

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2011, 05:15:44 PM »
Any idea when single game tickets go on sale?

Moose

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2011, 05:16:33 PM »

No season tix for you?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2011, 05:23:10 PM »

No season tix for you?

Nope. I wouldnt be able to make 1/2 the games. Gotta take the overtime as it comes, and its usually last minute. How about yourself?

Ganes I will definitely be at are St Francis,Fordham and Louisville