Full Schedule Announced

• 30 replies

Moose

Re: Full Schedule Announced
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2011, 05:52:42 PM »
Any idea when single game tickets go on sale?

No season tix for you?

Nope. I wouldnt be able to make 1/2 the games. Gotta take the overtime as it comes, and its usually last minute. How about yourself?

Ganes I will definitely be at are St Francis,Fordham and Louisville

Had them since graduating.  Rarely miss a game.

Usually hit up a game or two of your beloved Gaels since I'm close.
Remember who broke the Slice news

crgreen

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2011, 11:56:10 AM »
Just noticed - we've got 10 games at CA, and 11 at MSG.  Even tho "technically" a couple aren't, that's pretty much in reality TWENTY ONE Home Games.   Sweet scheduling for a young team....

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2011, 10:50:17 PM »
Just noticed - we've got 10 games at CA, and 11 at MSG.  Even tho "technically" a couple aren't, that's pretty much in reality TWENTY ONE Home Games.   Sweet scheduling for a young team....
Agree! Best schedule i can ever remember going back as i do to 72-73. 33games counting 2 exh-21 home games-18 conf games in best league in country-non conf UCLA, Duke, Kentucky, Arizona, and either Tex A&M or Miss St-WOW i can't wait and all with a brand new team of 9 top notch recruits. Don't wake me up i must be dreaming! And more great recruits to come. And to think some people actually advocated keeping Norm. In LAVS we trust!

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2011, 07:44:43 PM »
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2011, 10:20:08 PM »
Hope these kids are in good shape, with a short bench and tough schedule it should be interesting season. That's awesome there are so many national TV games, St. John's fans across the country get to see them....Can't wait for the season to start there are only so many HS Texas football games I can take. every stereotype of Texas and football is not only true but real life is probably bigger.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2011, 10:05:32 PM »
Big East Nonconference schedules.  Everyone has cupcakes except us and Louisville.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/36194/nonconference-schedule-analysis-big-east

ST. JOHN’S

Toughest: 2K Sports Classic (Nov. 17-18), at Kentucky (Dec. 1), at Duke (Jan. 28), UCLA (Feb. 18)
Next-toughest: at Detroit (Dec. 5)
The rest: William & Mary (Nov. 7), Lehigh (Nov. 9), UMBC (Nov. 13), St. Francis-N.Y. (Nov. 22), Northeastern (Nov. 26), Fordham (Dec. 17), Texas-Pan American (Dec. 21)
Toughness scale (1-10): 10 -- Give coach Steve Lavin credit. This is the toughest schedule in the Big East and one of the hardest in the country. The Red Storm play true road games against top-10 teams Kentucky and Duke and also get two of the favorites in the Pac-12 at Madison Square Garden. The Johnnies will face off with Arizona in the first game of the 2K Sports Classic and either Texas A&M or Mississippi State awaits the next day. Going to Detroit, one of the favorites in the Horizon League, is similar to last season’s trip to Saint Mary’s -- a dangerous road game that could be a plus for strength of schedule. Oh, and the Red Storm are basically made up entirely of freshmen, making this schedule even tougher.

When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

NYCoffey

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2011, 12:25:57 PM »
Detroit booted a player that was the conferences leading rebounder the last 2 years. We will need some more breaks like this for some of these games. Tough schedule but I am very excited to see this team compete.

Moose

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2011, 01:40:00 PM »
Detroit booted a player that was the conferences leading rebounder the last 2 years. We will need some more breaks like this for some of these games. Tough schedule but I am very excited to see this team compete.

Was he booted?  I read he was taking a leave of absence but no reason was given.

NYCoffey

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2011, 01:57:04 PM »
Sorry about that, he wasn't dismissed. It is a leave of absence, but it was after an assault charge from a fight on campus. I think it was his second time being charged with assault. They say the leave is indefinite so he could still be playing if they let him back on the team before we play them.

http://www.thevarsitynews.net/holman-leaves-team-indefinitely-1.2615822#.To3rFdSS2So

Moose

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2011, 02:04:03 PM »
Sorry about that, he wasn't dismissed. It is a leave of absence, but it was after an assault charge from a fight on campus. I think it was his second time being charged with assault. They say the leave is indefinite so he could still be playing if they let him back on the team before we play them.

http://www.thevarsitynews.net/holman-leaves-team-indefinitely-1.2615822#.To3rFdSS2So

Gotcha.  Thanks.  When I first saw it the fight was never mentioned.  That's big for sure.  He's a legit post presence for them.  I was chalking that game up as a loss with his presence on the road vs a very good mid major.  Things change a bit if he's not around.

« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2011, 04:53:55 PM »
This here is the Guns Of Navarone sked.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.