Is everyone on campus?

• 167 replies

LJSA

Re: Is everyone on campus?
« Reply #140 on: September 15, 2011, 11:34:31 PM »
Sampson is headed back to Brewster and is almost definitely goping to reopen his recruitment.

I have my theory as to why.  Wonder if he will say why.

Realized that he'd be exclusively at PF for most of his career? Worried that Gathers would start over him?

Poison

« Reply #141 on: September 15, 2011, 11:40:00 PM »
Over the summer, we kept reading "the staff is doing everything they can to make sure that every recruit is eligible"

I believe that still, but at the end of the day, it's up to the individual to pass the class. Lavin can't take the test for them. He's not Clem Haskins.

« Reply #142 on: September 15, 2011, 11:48:30 PM »
Sampson is headed back to Brewster and is almost definitely goping to reopen his recruitment.

I have my theory as to why.  Wonder if he will say why.

I still cant rap my head around how he would benefit from reopening his recruitment. I know for a fact he loves STJ and probably even more now that he has been campus. What are these theories of why he'd want to go elsewhere. BTW he can return to St. Johns if he goes back to Brewster

« Reply #143 on: September 16, 2011, 12:01:20 AM »
Why would he go back to a school where he knows the classes are too hard for him? I really don't get that.

LJSA

« Reply #144 on: September 16, 2011, 12:13:25 AM »
Why would he go back to a school where he knows the classes are too hard for him? I really don't get that.

Why are you so sure the issue is with classes at Brewster?

« Reply #145 on: September 16, 2011, 03:15:07 AM »
no one knows.  three days ago, a number of you posted you were CERTAIN they'd all be eligible. it's tough to separate fact from fiction when you're doing this as a hobby.

MCNPA

« Reply #146 on: September 16, 2011, 04:30:53 AM »
Nuri,Sampson arent eligible yet

Not true on Nuri.  And pretty sure your wrong on Jakarr as well.

Ahem. Do we know for sure if Nuri is allowed to wear a uniform yet?

Yes, Nuri was cleared last week.  Everybody else is as well except form the aforementioned guys.  If Jakarr reopens his recruitment so be it, but I'd rather he stay on board. Love his athleticism and skill set.  If we get out of this losing Jakarr, but getting Amir and Pelle second semester, I'm totally fine with it.  Still love to get em all, but not thinking that is realistic to expect all to make it on board.

« Reply #147 on: September 16, 2011, 06:32:58 AM »
amir said on twitter that he'll be back for us soon when hes qualified , i have a feeling that pelle and sampson might be going somewhere else, hopefully not

« Reply #148 on: September 16, 2011, 10:21:53 AM »

Lavin will just have to recruit him again.
I think it would be good if Pelle and Garrett joined him at brewster. Great competition and great chemestry.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #149 on: September 16, 2011, 10:28:49 AM »

I think it would be good if Pelle and Garrett joined him at brewster. Great competition and great chemestry.
But if they go to Brewster can they get themselves eligible for spring semester? What do they have to do to get eligible for spring semester?

Moose

« Reply #150 on: September 16, 2011, 10:49:45 AM »

They can't go there to play.  If they go and play they can't play here in December.  They just need to take some classes.  No basketball at all.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #151 on: September 16, 2011, 10:51:50 AM »
Thanks Moose!

kob24

« Reply #152 on: September 16, 2011, 12:44:48 PM »
the guy at kansas state needed to mature and get out of the city. lets see what he does this year

kob24

« Reply #153 on: September 16, 2011, 12:45:28 PM »
i think jakaar will stay. i doubt pelle will

« Reply #154 on: September 16, 2011, 12:50:15 PM »
i think jakaar will stay. i doubt pelle will

ok...but no one knows for sure just as no one knew the three would be declared ineligible.  jakaar's coach says he is not reopening his recruitment.

« Reply #155 on: September 16, 2011, 12:58:23 PM »

all three reportedly got straight A's at an NCAA accredited school.  what were they supposed to do...teach the classes???

« Reply #156 on: September 16, 2011, 01:27:02 PM »

all three reportedly got straight A's at an NCAA accredited school.  what were they supposed to do...teach the classes???

No they were supposed to got to Kentucky or Duke  :)

Poison

« Reply #157 on: September 16, 2011, 01:50:22 PM »

The NCAA has rules that are no secret to recruits. These rules are here for a reason. Are we really going to blame them for this? What about personal responsibility? We know they spent the summer playing basketball. It is abundantly clear that was a terrible use of their time.

We went through this w Barkley. The kid was guilty. Jarvis threw it in their face, and embarrassed the university because he's a hot head.

« Reply #158 on: September 16, 2011, 02:18:47 PM »
i don't buy it.  the ncaa rules are arbitrary.  the barkley situation reeked.  some schools are treated as sweethearts...others as prostitutes.

they played basketball.  so what?  that's how they plan to make a living.  a good one at that.

« Reply #159 on: September 16, 2011, 07:02:40 PM »
Barkley was not guilty and the situation did not "reek". The NCAA was after him for sure, but despite the manpower they through at the matter, they proved nothing, nada, zero. I was close to the situation and know the NCAA had nothing. How can alleged SJU fans attack our own former players. Our fans need to get ahold of their emotions and think twice before they defame former, current, or prospective players.