Red Storm Tip-Off- October 14th

• 125 replies

boo3

Re: Red Storm Tip-Off- October 14th
« Reply #100 on: October 14, 2011, 06:49:31 PM »
My goodness, enough of the arguing between students and alumni.  Both parties have been underwhelming the last number of years.  Yes, not enough students have shown up, and yes, the alumni that have shown up have been non-enthusiastic and COMPLETE fuddy-duddies when it comes to approving (more like NOT approving) of students when they get loud and enthusiastic).  So both parties have been at fault while the program stunk.  End of discussion.

The original point of this discussion can be solved in the future in a VERY simple way: just mail season ticket holders a pass to midnight madness ahead of time and we won't have this issue.  Those folks that pay the hundreds of dollars to go to games do deserve that privilege of not having to show up at 2pm to guarantee seats for this. The ticket department should just mail them tickets to this before the event.  Very simple.

Good post T-Rab.  I'm confused why the student and alumni fanbase continue to call each other out. Honestly, if your a regular poster on here your a real fan and shouldn't have to justify anything.  i've been going to games since i was 10 in 1983.  Had season tickets for 80% of those years and was not a student ,or an alumni obviously.  From that outside perspective, neither group should be patting themselves on the back for being super fans.

The students of today are the alumni of tomorrow.  Chill out. we are on the same team.

Go SJU!

MCNPA

« Reply #101 on: October 14, 2011, 07:28:42 PM »
"The students of today are the alumni of tomorrow."

Agree wholeheartedly.  I've always been a proponent of having students front and center. 

Poison

« Reply #102 on: October 14, 2011, 07:29:52 PM »
I just hope Doug Gottlieb isnt there again

He lobbed up softballs for Lavin last year. What about Gottlieb bothers you?

« Reply #103 on: October 14, 2011, 08:31:19 PM »
Tarik representin the u proud.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #104 on: October 14, 2011, 09:05:13 PM »
The coverage of this on espn3 sucks. I hate being in philly. please tell me this is on sny or msg at home and is being covered better than it is one espn3

« Reply #105 on: October 14, 2011, 09:16:03 PM »
The coverage of this on espn3 sucks. I hate being in philly. please tell me this is on sny or msg at home and is being covered better than it is one espn3

And now it says event has ended for me right before the mens scrimmage   >:(

« Reply #106 on: October 14, 2011, 09:17:40 PM »
The coverage of this on espn3 sucks. I hate being in philly. please tell me this is on sny or msg at home

I wished it was being televised by one of those networks. 

« Reply #107 on: October 14, 2011, 09:41:03 PM »
Just got back from Midnight Madness.  No scrimmage which was a little disappointing.  Also the dunk contest was between 2 random people, no players. Same stuff as usual, nothing special.  Harrison has a sick stroke from what I saw though and our team is stronger than I thought.  They may all be freshmen but they don't really look like freshmen in terms of size.

MCNPA

« Reply #108 on: October 14, 2011, 10:15:14 PM »
Yeah, its unfortunate but can't do scrimmages and dunk contests with only 8 guys.  One guy goes down and the team is done...  Look what happened at Louisville.  Shane Behanan busted his ankle tonight and it could be pretty bad.  Difference is that Louisville goes like 16 deep.  Big difference. 

« Reply #109 on: October 14, 2011, 10:43:59 PM »
Yeah, its unfortunate but can't do scrimmages and dunk contests with only 8 guys.  One guy goes down and the team is done...  Look what happened at Louisville.  Shane Behanan busted his ankle tonight and it could be pretty bad.  Difference is that Louisville goes like 16 deep.  Big difference. 

Pitino stated it was a mild sprain.

« Reply #110 on: October 14, 2011, 10:46:10 PM »
Just got back from Midnight Madness.  No scrimmage which was a little disappointing.  Also the dunk contest was between 2 random people, no players. Same stuff as usual, nothing special.  Harrison has a sick stroke from what I saw though and our team is stronger than I thought.  They may all be freshmen but they don't really look like freshmen in terms of size.

It was a big disappointment when those 3 did not qualify but even without them we still have one of the most talented incoming classes that we have ever had.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #111 on: October 14, 2011, 10:50:53 PM »
our team is very, very, very long!  have not seen this much height on any team.  that said, if we don't get amir and pelle by december we are going to suffer bad.  i'm sorry, but we're a six man team.  stith and white can't be expected to contribute.  it's a brutal schedule that's going to quickly wear on our guys.  it's hard to be optimistic.

ricardo gathers is an absolute monster.  he looks like he should be playing football.  having him and god's gift on the team next year is going to give us a tremendous edge.

i was happy to see the student participation.  i would say 90+% of audience was student.  wish we had this support throughout the year.

« Reply #112 on: October 14, 2011, 10:56:40 PM »
our team is very, very, very long!  have not seen this much height on any team.  that said, if we don't get amir and pelle by december we are going to suffer bad.  i'm sorry, but we're a six man team. 

I agree...I'm not sure what the chances of Amir and Pelle making it in December but we need them bad.  Hopefully they take care of business and the NCAA gets out of the way.

« Reply #113 on: October 14, 2011, 10:57:10 PM »
one last thing... the ladies love mo harkles ;-)  hahahaha

have never heard so many screams from women at a sporting event.

kob24

« Reply #114 on: October 15, 2011, 12:02:36 AM »
i saw one of the prettiest woman i have ever seen in my life. my god she was beautiful

« Reply #115 on: October 15, 2011, 12:10:56 AM »
our team is very, very, very long!  have not seen this much height on any team.  that said, if we don't get amir and pelle by december we are going to suffer bad.  i'm sorry, but we're a six man team.  stith and white can't be expected to contribute.  it's a brutal schedule that's going to quickly wear on our guys.  it's hard to be optimistic.

ricardo gathers is an absolute monster.  he looks like he should be playing football.  having him and god's gift on the team next year is going to give us a tremendous edge.

i was happy to see the student participation.  i would say 90+% of audience was student.  wish we had this support throughout the year.

Disagree about Stith, I wouldn't count him out. He wont put up big numbers but I think he will be pivotal by leading by example with hustle & tenacity.

« Reply #116 on: October 15, 2011, 12:22:29 AM »
You Saw Stith Leadership tonight just doing the warm up drill the guys looked pretty lost and he was telling them where to be. I honestly hope Stith start that would be testament to our coaching staff ,his hard work & he is from NY I will always pull for NY players harder. Plus we could focus on big men in our recruiting classes Have green & Nu already on the roster. I am pulling for you Stith
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

LJSA

« Reply #117 on: October 15, 2011, 01:44:54 AM »
i saw one of the prettiest woman i have ever seen in my life. my god she was beautiful

What the hell was my wife doing there when she should have been here cooking my dinner?

Moose

« Reply #118 on: October 15, 2011, 01:45:05 AM »

Black and white striped skirt?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #119 on: October 15, 2011, 08:09:05 AM »

Board rules mandate that when commenting on a woman's beauty, said comment must be accompanied with a picture of said woman.  If a picture of said woman is not available, a picture of a woman with comparable beauty is acceptable.

You've been warned!