Tyler Wilson - PG - Cardinal Hayes HS - New York, NY - MANHATTAN

• 38 replies

ris

« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 09:52:17 PM by jumpinjohnny »

Moose

Re: Tyler Wilson -PG- Cardinal Hayes HS - New York, NY
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 07:38:09 AM »
Don't know much about him, but you would have to think he falls in line behind the fast rising Rysheed Jordan and Jaren Sina.
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

Re: Tyler Wilson - PG - Cardinal Hayes HS - New York, NY
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 08:09:13 AM »
Rysheed is the guard I want to see us land in that class.  The kid is a beast.  Tall, athletic and really dynamic player.  Great replacement for Nuri.  Hopefully Nuri can help us land the Philly product.

Chilleb

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 01:05:32 AM »
http://nychoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1305806

Would like to see him in part of our "home-grown talent rebirth project". Let's go locals !

Moose

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 07:49:16 AM »

Would like to see him in part of our "home-grown talent rebirth project". Let's go locals !

Hayes seems like a program on the rise. Should be interesting to watch. Wilson was at MM
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 07:57:45 AM »
Of the 3, Wilson,Lewis or Sina who is the better pg?

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 08:47:05 AM »

You don't get locals for the sake of.  Otherwise, you'll find yourself reaching and cutting off your nose to spite the face (like some of y'all are doing).  This staff is going after locals who they feel are Big East-caliber.

I hope they continue to go after solid players throughout the country.  Local or not.

Chilleb

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 03:02:59 PM »

You don't get locals for the sake of.  Otherwise, you'll find yourself reaching and cutting off your nose to spite the face (like some of y'all are doing).  This staff is going after locals who they feel are Big East-caliber.

I hope they continue to go after solid players throughout the country.  Local or not.

Moe hark is a terrific step in a great direction,but other than that who was the last local recruit we had who was big east caliber "above and beyond" from day 1? We should be getting the best that our soil has to offer every year not every 4 or 5 years. I can name 20 NYC kids that are at other programs right now from low level to mid-major to high level who we would love to have right now. In no way am i suggesting we stop Shopping the country  but Let's stop over looking the studs we have right In our backyard. NYC is the Mecca of basketball for crying out loud.

Chilleb

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 03:03:45 PM »

Depends what your looking for brother all 3 are different.

Chilleb

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 03:05:12 PM »

Moe hark is a terrific step in a great direction,but other than that who was the last local recruit we had who was big east caliber "above and beyond" from day 1? We should be getting the best that our soil has to offer every year not every 4 or 5 years. I can name 20 NYC kids that are at other programs right now from low level to mid-major to high level who we would love to have right now. In no way am i suggesting we stop Shopping the country  but Let's stop over looking the studs we have right In our backyard. NYC is the Mecca of basketball for crying out loud.

Secondly why would I even mention him if I feel he didn't fit the bill of a big east caliber guard?

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 03:17:17 PM »

Guess what?  The players you see from NYC that are at other programs committed to other schools under the watch of the previous staff.  This staff was actually late to the game for Harkless and was still able to nab him.

Trust me....  This staff will comb the local area in search of kids whom they feel can play major D-1 hoops.  There is no need to reach for marginal players just because they are located in NYC.  You might can grab one of those (type of) players every now and again, but one will be setting themselves up for failure if they made a living doing such a thing (on this level). 

To be honest, NYC high school hoops has recently started to pick back up.  Most of the talent was in NJ.  The staff is attempting to build a program.  IMO, you build a program by garnering talent--not only in your backyard--but, also throughout the country.   

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 03:17:58 PM »

Secondly why would I even mention him if I feel he didn't fit the bill of a big east caliber guard?

I never said, I didn't think this particular kid wasn't Big East caliber.  I was talking about in general.

Chilleb

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 04:01:17 PM »

Guess what?  The players you see from NYC that are at other programs committed to other schools under the watch of the previous staff.  This staff was actually late to the game for Harkless and was still able to nab him.

Trust me....  This staff will comb the local area in search of kids whom they feel can play major D-1 hoops.  There is no need to reach for marginal players just because they are located in NYC.  You might can grab one of those (type of) players every now and again, but one will be setting themselves up for failure if they made a living doing such a thing (on this level). 

To be honest, NYC high school hoops has recently started to pick back up.  Most of the talent was in NJ.  The staff is attempting to build a program.  IMO, you build a program by garnering talent--not only in your backyard--but, also throughout the country.   

Your confusing me bro, who suggested any marginal players?  And you went from saying recruiting from new York is setting yourself up for failure then you said you think the NYC area is picking up??? . I have said plenty of times that the players we got around the country I love and I think we should continue to nab those types of players but in that same breath I've also said this program was at its peak when they were getting the goods from the backyard. Also no disrespect intended I'm going to have to disagree strongly with new jersey having better talent lately. I think Kemba and lance would strongly disagree as well. And the list goes on.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 04:13:36 PM by Chilleb »

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2011, 05:44:04 PM »

Pure PG. Pass first leader.

Or maybe if you can compare them to a current college player?

Chilleb

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2011, 07:16:46 PM »

Pure PG. Pass first leader.

Or maybe if you can compare them to a current college player?

Most potential I'd go with Lewis but from what your describing you'd be leaning towards sina or Wilson, Wilson is more like a Malcolm grant from Miami minus the shooting but add more defense. But he's a shoot first guard. Sina is a better passer and a knockdown jumpshooter from deep. He also is a shoot first guard. Only pure point here is Wilson the other two are transitioning. I'd give the edge to Wilson, he handles better than both of them too.

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2011, 07:21:26 PM »
All are the man on their HS team so they gotta score right now.

You'll see whos the more pure point in the summer when they got mo talent on the wings.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2011, 08:15:07 PM »
Your confusing me bro, who suggested any marginal players?  And you went from saying recruiting from new York is setting yourself up for failure then you said you think the NYC area is picking up??? . I have said plenty of times that the players we got around the country I love and I think we should continue to nab those types of players but in that same breath I've also said this program was at its peak when they were getting the goods from the backyard. Also no disrespect intended I'm going to have to disagree strongly with new jersey having better talent lately. I think Kemba and lance would strongly disagree as well. And the list goes on.

You made a suggestion of recruiting NYC.  You also didn't directly state it, but it came off in an indirect manner that the staff should target NYC, regardless.  I then stated, the staff is recruiting NYC.  They'll continue to recruit NYC.  But, they won't settle for a NYC player for the sake of.

I never said, recruiting NYC would be setting yourself up for failure.  Comprehend, fella.  I said, "There is no need to reach for marginal players just because they are located in NYC.  You might can grab one of those (type of) players every now and again, but one will be setting themselves up for failure if they made a living doing such a thing (on this level)."   

I don't mind you disagreeing about NYC having better players than NJ.  It use to consistently be that way.  Honestly, Kemba and Lance isn't enough, if you ask me.  Overall, in the last decade there have been better talent coming out of NJ than NYC. 
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 08:20:18 PM by mjdinkins »

Chilleb

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2011, 08:49:28 PM »

I re-quoted your original comment to show you that I comprehended quite well fella. Nobody suggested recruiting kids just for the sake of the hometown story but because we produce high level talent at a high rate. If my joking candor of "home grown rebirth project" wasn't direct enough I don't know what would of been. I've been advocating all over these boards for a resurgence in getting locals and not just for the heck of it but because it's working... (cough, cough) "moe harkless".  This all went overboard when you made the erroneous comment of us settling for marginal talent in a Tyler Wilson thread when only he was mentioned and EVEN you said he wasn't marginal talent. Recruiting from here regularly would not hurt us I believe unless we're picking the Malik stith's and rob Thomas' of the pack. and what talent has nj produced in the past decade better than Carmelo Anthony? C'MON SON

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2011, 08:58:19 PM »
I re-quoted your original comment to show you that I comprehended quite well fella. Nobody suggested recruiting kids just for the sake of the hometown story but because we produce high level talent at a high rate. If my joking candor of "home grown rebirth project" wasn't direct enough I don't know what would of been. I've been advocating all over these boards for a resurgence in getting locals and not just for the heck of it but because it's working... (cough, cough) "moe harkless".  This all went overboard when you made the erroneous comment of us settling for marginal talent in a Tyler Wilson thread when only he was mentioned and EVEN you said he wasn't marginal talent. Recruiting from here regularly would not hurt us I believe unless we're picking the Malik stith's and rob Thomas' of the pack. and what talent has nj produced in the past decade better than Carmelo Anthony? C'MON SON

Once again, I have no problem with "home grown" talent.  I think, for the most part, the staff will keep the homegrown kids at home (ie, Harkless).  We've already been down this road a couple of times, so I'll digress.

Malik Stith and Rob Thomas....  LOL   You're cold, fella.  Actually, Rob Thomas was actually a solid player until he blew out his knees.   Carmelo Anthony is just one player, as I stated before.  Overall, NJ has been a better fertile ground for recruiting than NYC for several years.

Chilleb

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2011, 09:11:10 PM »

Once again, I have no problem with "home grown" talent.  I think, for the most part, the staff will keep the homegrown kids at home (ie, Harkless).  We've already been down this road a couple of times, so I'll digress.

Malik Stith and Rob Thomas....  LOL   You're cold, fella.  Actually, Rob Thomas was actually a solid player until he blew out his knees.   Carmelo Anthony is just one player, as I stated before.  Overall, NJ has been a better fertile ground for recruiting than NYC for several years.

Lol, don't get me wrong over the past decade guys like jr smith , Andrew Bynum, Dajuan Wagner  are studs. But when you compare it to Edgar Sosa, Sebastian Telfair, sylvan landesberg, lance,kemba, Charlie Villanueva, melo,Ben Gordon, Corey fisher... Then when you look now at guys like tu holloway or Kevin jones  compared to a Dominic cheek or you can go at the Florida gators and see mike Rosario coming off the bench behind Erving walker. NY is loaded and will forever be loaded just gotta love the culture, just gotta love st johns.