Redstormsports.com-Are they ever...

• 28 replies
Redstormsports.com-Are they ever...
« on: October 17, 2011, 03:50:48 PM »
...going to update the damn roster?

I noticed this throughout the summer and wondered but now we are into middle of October and they still have last year's roster up!!!!!

http://www.redstormsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/stjo-m-baskbl-mtt.html

Poison

Re: Redstormsports.com-Are they ever...
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 04:36:08 PM »
It has to be one of the worst websites in D1 sports.

sju89tr

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 07:40:15 PM »
...going to update the damn roster?

I noticed this throughout the summer and wondered but now we are into middle of October and they still have last year's roster up!!!!!

http://www.redstormsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/stjo-m-baskbl-mtt.html

Maybe we want to trick out opponents and roll out a combination of last years roster and this years lol

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 08:25:25 PM »
They probably didn't update it yet because our roster is still not set.   A lot of websites out there still have last year's rosters, and for a lot of teams.

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 10:33:48 PM »
i agree with jumbo for a change.  the site is pretty kickass...as good as any in division 1.  maybe after the walkons are announced, they'lll have something to post. 

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 09:53:14 AM »
They probably didn't update it yet because our roster is still not set.   A lot of websites out there still have last year's rosters, and for a lot of teams.

That is ridiculous.  Show me another school that does not have an updated roster in the Big East as of now? Most have it done during the summer let alone during the actual school year when practice has started.  And the scholarship roster is set, at least until December, so there is no excuse to have a roster with LAST year's players on especially considering the unique situation in which essentially you had a COMPLETE overhaul of the roster.  So except for Stith almost no one on that roster has any relevence to this year.

I am not making a judgement on the entire site (it is a good website) but come on, it is 10/18.  That is embarrassing.  Below is Louisville's site, their roster is THIS year and includes Wayne Blackshear who has not even been cleared by the NCAA and is still not allowed to practice with Louisville.

http://www.uoflsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/lou-m-baskbl-mtt.html

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 11:36:26 AM »
The ladies roster is updated, no Buzz or Tamika Louis.

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 11:41:09 AM »
Even ESPN has our roster:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/roster/_/id/2599/st-john-red-storm

However, they have God'sGift listed as: God'sgirf  ;D  :2funny:

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 12:40:59 PM »
I actually like the website but do agree that they should update the roster by midnight madness.  I'm sure they are on it.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 01:04:03 PM »
ESPN also has guys that arent on our roster

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 02:08:48 PM »
ESPN also has guys that arent on our roster

Yes but those are players that were committed, sighned but then did not qualify.

They don't have players who have LONG SINCE GRADUATED and moved on like Dwight Hardy and DJ Kennedy for crying out loud.  You might as well put Chris Mullin and Walter Berry on there as well.

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 11:58:42 PM »
Even ESPN has our roster:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/roster/_/id/2599/st-john-red-storm

However, they have God'sGift listed as: God'sgirf  ;D  :2funny:

Yes, but when this topic was first started, ESPN's roster was not updated.  I checked it and it still listed last years roster.  It must have been updated within the last 24hours.   

And I don't see how it would be an embarrassment. I'm guessing that the only people that care are the St. John's fans.  I just don't see UConn checking our website to see if our roster is updated.   And if other teams are updated, good for them.  But remember, no other teams had 3 people ruled ineligible like we did (other than kansas).  Our roster was truly not set until yesterday. Had we put only the 8 players on the roster, someone would have b*tched for us not waiting until tryouts were over.   But i certainly would not call it an embarrassment.

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 11:09:38 AM »
What are you talking about, this is the official site of the school and it's athletic programs?

ESPN is neither.

Of course it is an embarassment.  The idea that most people don't log onto it for information is not the point. 

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 11:17:48 AM »
What are you talking about, this is the official site of the school and it's athletic programs?

ESPN is neither.

Of course it is an embarassment.  The idea that most people don't log onto it for information is not the point.

And let's say that a Syracuse fan goes on the SJU website to find out more about SJU's roster.  And they notice names like Hardy and Kennedy and the are confused.  They don't understand how these players are eligible for another year.  And then DUHHHHH they aren't actually even on the roster.  You don't find that just a wee bit embarassing????

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2011, 01:21:05 PM »

ESPN is neither.

And let's say that a Syracuse fan goes on the SJU website to find out more about SJU's roster.  And they notice names like Hardy and Kennedy and the are confused.  They don't understand how these players are eligible for another year.  And then DUHHHHH they aren't actually even on the roster.  You don't find that just a wee bit embarassing????

I don't find it embarrassing at all. It's probably not the best thing, but its not a terrible thing either.  We know who our roster is, with the exception of maybe a few walk-ons.  I think you guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill.   I just can't imagine looking at other school's forums and seeing them like making fun of us or something for not having our roster updated. And for a program that had 3 players ruled ineligible, a Coach who is battling cancer, and having tryouts just so they could be able to practice 5 on 5, having an updated roster was probably the least of their concerns....

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 01:43:39 PM »

ESPN is neither.

I don't find it embarrassing at all. It's probably not the best thing, but its not a terrible thing either.  We know who our roster is, with the exception of maybe a few walk-ons.  I think you guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill.   I just can't imagine looking at other school's forums and seeing them like making fun of us or something for not having our roster updated. And for a program that had 3 players ruled ineligible, a Coach who is battling cancer, and having tryouts just so they could be able to practice 5 on 5, having an updated roster was probably the least of their concerns....

We KNOW!!!!???  The website is not merely for the WE on this board.

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 11:21:15 PM »
However, they have God'sGift listed as: God'sgirf 

Much thanks to Kieran Darcy as I wrote to him and asked that his name be corrected on their roster.

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2011, 09:45:27 AM »
It is November 2nd and they have still not updated the website.

mkras99

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 09:50:18 AM »

Borderline pathetic.

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2011, 10:44:17 AM »

Borderline pathetic.

I have a theory that because of the 3 ineligible kids they are reluctant to update the roster until they confirm if any will be here in December.

Just a thought.