Gary Parrish of CBS.com not happy w/ St. John's

• 16 replies
Gary Parrish of CBS.com not happy w/ St. John's
« on: October 21, 2011, 07:55:21 PM »
Gary Parrish of CBS.com is not happy St. John's received 11 votes in the Coaches poll.  He may have a point, but he certainly gives our Freshman short shrift.

http://college-basketball-blog.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26283066/32831209

Re: Gary Parrish of CBS.com not happy w/ St. John's
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 08:01:53 PM »
He is absolutely right, yea we may have potential but how could anyone in their right mind think we are a top-25 team right now?

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 08:20:27 PM »
Drexel got some votes too

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 08:36:00 PM »
We are far from a top 25 team right now but i'm not complaining with the votes  :) . I do disagree with his point on our freshman. He shouldn't be targeting our talent because our freshman are outstanding even if they aren't Drummond or Davis. The problem as everyone is aware is the lacks of depth/height

boo3

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 08:50:28 PM »
  who cares what Gary Parrish thinks?

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 08:57:55 PM »
We are far from a top 25 team right now but i'm not complaining with the votes  :) . I do disagree with his point on our freshman. He shouldn't be targeting our talent because our freshman are outstanding even if they aren't Drummond or Davis. The problem as everyone is aware is the lacks of depth/height
Problem is we are playing against Drummond and Davis. But agree he does not know much about our freshmen but agree with him we are not a top 25 team.

Poison

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 11:11:36 PM »
That's what these guys do. They disagree, so people will get mad and complain.
Then if they turn out to be wrong, they'll act as if they never said anything of the sort, or our simple minds just didn't understand his point.

It's what made Mike Francessa famous. Just talk. No accountability ever.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 11:52:50 PM by Poison »

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 11:14:39 PM »
Problem is we are playing against Drummond and Davis. But agree he does not know much about our freshmen but agree with him we are not a top 25 team.

and we have God's Gift to bust them up & down the court

Poison

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 11:53:51 PM »

Who is Davis?

Moose

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2011, 12:12:28 AM »

Who is Davis?

Anthony
Remember who broke the Slice news

LJSA

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2011, 03:41:34 AM »
Hopefully we don't lose a few players inside Davis' unibrow.

MCNPA

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2011, 07:52:58 AM »
Hopefully we don't lose a few players inside Davis' unibrow.
  ;D ;D

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2011, 11:05:56 AM »

Who is Davis?
Consensus no.1 high school player in country last year-6'11 combo forward-great shot blocker.

Wods317

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2011, 11:14:00 AM »
He doesn't say anything bad about our team he just gives the facts. We shouldn't have got any votes in the top 25 poll. We are really thin and young in the toughest conference in the nation. I don't think he said anything that wasn't true other than maybe down playing the skill of the recruits we do have playing.

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2011, 03:43:08 PM »
He doesn't say anything bad about our team he just gives the facts. We shouldn't have got any votes in the top 25 poll. We are really thin and young in the toughest conference in the nation. I don't think he said anything that wasn't true other than maybe down playing the skill of the recruits we do have playing.

Maybe, we shouldn't have received any votes due to the uncertainty of our team.  It's all conjecture at this point and certainly not a fact. 

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2011, 08:43:23 AM »
  who cares what Gary Parrish thinks?

In another minute or so, no one will remember his comment. If they do, it will be just to tell him that he was wrong all along, and never knew what the hell he was talking about.

ras

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2011, 12:46:01 PM »
we are talented but young. If we do not get Garritt in Dec we are going to have problams. Our big men have no breathing room and they are the foul prone positions. Pelle arriving in Dec. would really help but may be unlikely.