Will the Nba lockout help Johnny Garden attendance?

• 2 replies
Will the Nba lockout help Johnny Garden attendance?
« on: November 16, 2011, 01:36:32 PM »
I say yes.  There are tourists and casual fans that want to see an event, maybe basketball?, at the World's MFA.

And we're the only game in town.  Can't hurt.

Re: Will the Nba lockout help Johnny Garden attendance?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 03:01:53 PM »
Can't hurt is the right saying...but not sure how much it will help.  I think winning and exposure will help more. 

Re: Will the Nba lockout help Johnny Garden attendance?
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 07:18:39 PM »

College basketball fits the bill as a cheaper sport alternative. It's also a more natural outlet for NBA fans -- it is, after all, the same game.

St. John's University often plays in the same building as the NBA's New York Knicks -- the newly renovated Madison Square Garden. The school took a step toward returning to prominence by making the NCAA tournament last season, and it has a charismatic coach in Steve Lavin. Tickets are reasonably priced, too. Seats for St. John's Thursday game against 16th-ranked Arizona at the Garden were going for $15 on StubHub early Tuesday, compared to the Knicks' average of $89.

DailyFinance asked the school if it had a plan to win over some of those left out in the cold by the NBA. "We would certainly welcome NBA and all New York sports fans to come to Madison Square Garden ... to experience St. John's basketball games," replied Chris Monasch, St. John's athletics director. "St. Johns is collaborating with the Garden staff to promote ticket sales."

But the NBA-to-college transition is a tough one for many hardcore pro hoops aficionados. In Los Angeles, Gary Romanik, a Lakers season ticket holder, has access to UCLA and USC college basketball, but they might as well be playing in another state. Romanik is ready to take the season off. "It is a great opportunity to reduce my entertainment expenses while I attempt to start or buy a business," he said.

See full article from DailyFinance: http://srph.it/unxJhh
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!