Texas A&M-Game Thread

• 100 replies

DFF6

Re: Texas A&M-Game Thread
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2011, 06:40:20 PM »
This loss hurts.   

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2011, 06:41:23 PM »
ouch free throws.  should have won the game.

Nick K

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2011, 06:42:22 PM »
Lindsey is going to have to learn he has teammates now. He could have dropped that off to GG for a dunk to win the game.

That said here we go again with the free throws.

Dan

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2011, 06:43:08 PM »
Lindsey isn't a freshman so it's hard to accept the missing the pass/miss two FTs

Two very rough losses...sigh

boo3

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2011, 06:43:28 PM »
 Pathetic.  GG and Lindsey, Mo down the stretch should have put this away.

Please no one bitch about harkless being fouled on the rebound.  We don't deserve that call.

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2011, 06:52:35 PM »
Tough one. Nothing we can do but learn from it, get better and prepare for the next one. Have faith & support our team!

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2011, 06:52:59 PM »
Worst Johnnies loss I have been a part of. Make free throws chumps. Gross. Im sick over this loss. Jr high kids would push that game to OT. Weak.

kob24

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2011, 06:53:50 PM »
good game fellas. have to close out. some of these posters are acting like bitches

boo3

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2011, 06:54:39 PM »
Worst Johnnies loss I have been a part of. Make free throws chumps. Gross. Im sick over this loss. Jr high kids would push that game to OT. Weak.

really?  were you in a coma during Norm's years?

It was a bad loss, but lets not get crazy.

LIU anyone?

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2011, 06:58:08 PM »
Agreed after missing  the second foul shot we don't deserve any call...just one Damn free throw would brought this game into overtime...Good thing its still early in the season and were getting these hard lessons now...
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2011, 07:00:08 PM »
They hung tough.  We didn't deserve this one.  Would have loved to steal it but definitely a tough loss.  We have a lot of talent but we have a lot of things to work on.  Each game we will get better...but it will be a long year.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Marillac

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2011, 07:00:34 PM »
Very bitter loss for me. Nuri has to at least push the game to OT down one with two freebies.  He missed the pass and was very close to an offensive foul.  We are probably going to have to pull our pg in close games in favor of Stith or Greene.

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2011, 07:01:58 PM »
Agreed after missing  the second foul shot we don't deserve any call...just one Damn free throw would brought this game into overtime...Good thing its still early in the season and were getting these hard lessons now...

I was a freshman when the Pitt hooker scandal took place. Name me a worse loss since then. Monty missing a lay up to tank the game on Carnesseca night was close but we sucked for letting them be close. Name me a loss please. I'm rooting for you because me week is ruined. Silver lining me ASAP

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2011, 07:02:47 PM »
Meant to quote the LIU loss anyone post. my bad

boo3

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2011, 07:06:02 PM »
  How about in the BE tournament against Marquette ( i think)  when we scored like 8 points in the first half?

Didn't Norm lose to St. Francis?

Losing games at the end of the season are a lot more painful than these games at the beginning.  At least IMO.

Step off the ledge Eddie.  It'll be alright.  ;)

boo3

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2011, 07:08:58 PM »
  I only saw the last 4 minutes due to the fact i was a birthday party with my daughter.  All i saw was the horrendous foul shooting.   Sounded like we struggled most of the game.

Point is, although i didn't watch the whole game, I have a hard time believing this is the worst loss in the last 10 years..

gman

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2011, 07:09:09 PM »

I was a freshman when the Pitt hooker scandal took place. Name me a worse loss since then. Monty missing a lay up to tank the game on Carnesseca night was close but we sucked for letting them be close. Name me a loss please. I'm rooting for you because me week is ruined. Silver lining me ASAP

Lighten up man.  Get a beer.  Get laid.  Something. 

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2011, 07:11:00 PM »
Yea St Francis was on carnesecca night. I was at the Marquette BE tourney loss but lets face it, it was our 1st BE tourney appearance in 4 years, reeked of moral victory regardless of the outcome. Reality is, we missed 2 free throws at the buzzer, 1 make pushes to OT. We choked hard. Im a Bills fan and am too familiar with choking, this was a downright awful shameful loss. End of story. Love the team. Hate throwing away games.

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2011, 07:14:17 PM »
I keep thinking about the difference Sampson, Pelle & Garrett would have made the past two nights.

What do you expect down (3) scholarship players perhaps the entire season before the season ever began.  We're always up against it or so it seems.  We never have an edge.  LIKE THE SAYING GOES "IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHING" and it's been that way for what seems like an eternity now for this basketball program.  We finally put together a great recruiting class in what seemed like decades and 3 of them never qualify.  "But of course"...

Another 1 point loss...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 07:16:06 PM by Lapchick1 »

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2011, 07:14:31 PM »
He didn't even deserve to be on the line to begin with...probably a little karma.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!