St. Francis - Game Thread

• 63 replies
Re: St. Francis - Game Thread
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2011, 10:02:26 PM »
30-22 at the half.

I'm showin 31-22 at the half....that one point could be huge...what's the correct score?

31-22 is the correct score.

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2011, 10:16:57 PM »
Does Lindsay know that you cant take 3 steps after giving up the dribble?

He might but LindsEy doesn't ;)
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2011, 10:18:51 PM »
You can log in remotely to ESPN3. I'm sure you have friends/relatives who have a comcast email or can create one for you.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

SJUFAN

« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2011, 10:24:04 PM »
43-29. 12:41 remaining.

SJUFAN

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2011, 10:26:19 PM »
fyi......Lavin not at the game tonight.

« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2011, 10:28:24 PM »
Thanks Stjfan.  Just tuned in on Espn3 and I didn't see Lavin.

DFF6

« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2011, 10:50:06 PM »
60-46 SJU with 3:14 left.  Is it Jamal White time yet?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 10:50:35 PM by DFF6 »

« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2011, 10:55:52 PM »
fyi......Lavin not at the game tonight.
check out my prediction on the prediction thread

« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2011, 10:58:07 PM »
Some very quick notes with a minute left in the game:

Harrison, Harkless and Pointer were all terrific tonight.
Nurideen played well within the flow of the game and didn't try to force too much after picking up a handful of early travels.
God'sgift was pretty much non-existent for a third game in a row.
Stith's only bucket was early on but it was a nice drive/reverse layup. Thought he'd play well at that point...but disappeared.

ras

« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2011, 11:38:17 PM »
Moe played 38 min.Harrison showed what he was recruited for. Gift played bad offense, but decent D and had 7 rebounds in about 25 mins.Nuri looked for his teammates more this game. Pointer is getting in the flow offensively .

« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2011, 11:44:32 PM »
Good defensive effort by the team tonight.  I love Pointer's game.  Not a great scorer but does a lot of things well defensively both on the ball and off.  He can pass the ball too.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

tnice

« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2011, 12:34:26 AM »
Lindsey 0-3 from the foul line.

Marillac

« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2011, 12:44:02 AM »
Damn...GG, I was hoping I was wrong about you.  There is still a lot of time and some great coaching available to get him to be a serviceable high major big.

« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2011, 12:44:56 AM »
God's Gift's third bad game in a row concerns me. He may not be the MVP this year... but he very well could be the most important player on this team if we are going to at least compete every night come big east play.

desco80

« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2011, 12:55:48 AM »
So ... is no one going to allude to the giant elephant in the room?    I know it's early, and this was St Francis, not UCONN, but will Lav's limited schedule continue much longer?

I do think it's great to hear he was out recruiting over the weekend, and is leaving on a two day recruiting trip tomorrow, but it's much more reassuring to see him on the sidelines.   I'm hoping for the best, and good luck to coach obviously... but his absence now after being here for four games does concern me.   Hopefully it's just some extra rest in the early season, when he feels he can afford it, to gear up for the heavy lifting once league play starts.

And yea, it would be nice if GG showed up too.  He's gotta start fighting for position on the blocks, like he was early in the season, or he's just not going to get more than a handfull of touches.

« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2011, 01:01:46 AM »
Gift looks frutrated out there and one time when he couldn't get a shot off he made a lazy, half hearted pass that was stolen. Hope he is not developing bad tude. D Harrison may have been fired up over not started and played with great intensity and perpose. Moe was smooth as silk and Dom played well. Nuri was off his game tonite.

Poison

« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2011, 01:08:21 AM »
Harrison and Harkless played great. Pointer was terrific. Blocks, rebounds, passes, everything. Love that guy. When he drives, you get so excited. He's a thrill.

I'll add in regards to GG, I think he's that he's become tentative with the ball. A number of times he couldnt decide whether to post up and make a move, look for an open man, or kick it out to start up the offense again. He waited about 2-3 seconds with the ball before doing anything. On one possession, he waited, and scored anyway. It was a lucky play. St.Francis was awful.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 09:44:35 AM by Poison »

MCNPA

« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2011, 01:51:57 AM »
So ... is no one going to allude to the giant elephant in the room?    I know it's early, and this was St Francis, not UCONN, but will Lav's limited schedule continue much longer?

I do think it's great to hear he was out recruiting over the weekend, and is leaving on a two day recruiting trip tomorrow, but it's much more reassuring to see him on the sidelines.   I'm hoping for the best, and good luck to coach obviously... but his absence now after being here for four games does concern me.   Hopefully it's just some extra rest in the early season, when he feels he can afford it, to gear up for the heavy lifting once league play starts.

And yea, it would be nice if GG showed up too.  He's gotta start fighting for position on the blocks, like he was early in the season, or he's just not going to get more than a handfull of touches.

He might have had some minor issues after surgery and with his treatment.  It's not uncommon.  We have a good coach in Dunlap here right now some are very lucky.  Hopefully Lavin back up to steam soon.

redslope

« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2011, 03:12:41 PM »
I thought this was Mo's best game to date; he does not force anything.  I look forward to him adding strength  as the seasons go by.  D'Angelo (they named the student center after him :) ) was something else.  He plays with a toughness out there and doesn't stop moving.  Watch his hands when he doesn't have the ball--he keeps the up ready to catch and shoot and really pissed off St Francis players.  He made some great confidence building shots last night.

GG has tremendous speed for a player his size.  the two missed fast breaks last night were not his fault--the outlet passes to him were not the best.

Sir really can be exciting and quick, very versatile player.  I was glad to see him score a bit and take some shots as he will be needed to be a point producer if the team is to win its share of games.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 03:13:04 PM by redslope »

Gumby

« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2011, 10:45:55 PM »
This was the first game I was able to watch, thanks to ESPN3 via the computer.  So now I know what all the excitement was about.  We are clearly a work in progress.  I knew we had a team of very talented players.  Now they will have to learn to expand those talents into other areas, like passing, rebounding, foul shooting,  and defense. Hopefully, bringing Amir on board in a few weeks will help with playing time numbers and talent.  I have no idea how (or where) we will finish, but it will be a fun year in many ways.

My biggest concern for this season is Coach Lavin's health.  Coach, we all wish you well.