Kentucky - Game Thread

• 196 replies

Chilleb

Re: Kentucky - Game Thread
« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2011, 09:56:04 PM »
The game plan for this game was really suspect and because of it the Guys never really got in a rhythm ,when we started running a bit with about 7 minutes to go we looked fluent and less lathargic ( not to say that our shot% went up drastically either but we just looked more comfortable) We shoulda just played our style and lived with the results.

« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2011, 09:57:33 PM »
  Our goal is to have the program on a competitive level with Uk  moving forward.  Clearly, it isn't an overnight process.  A few years and we will be there.  Keep the faith.

Great post, couldn't agree more

« Reply #102 on: December 01, 2011, 10:00:21 PM »
WHAT A FING JOKE........  WE WERE NOT EVEN COMPETITIVE.  Look I like these kids too but to the pie in the sky boys who predicted a possible win...........cgreen....... How can you possibly compare this years inexperienced team to last years experienced team.  This team wouldnt beat a mediocre mid major at this point.  Very dissapointed with Dunlap, was there any strategy at all here?  Why are we running with a team that is superior at every phase of the game. At least he could have made it seem competitive by not running with this team.  And for the dope who claimed that Anthony Davis was not that good, how many points, rebounds and blocked shots did he have? 

So wake up and smell the coffee.  A team that is 4-3 with a weak home schedule is not going into Rupp Arena to beat anyone.  WAKE UP LITTLE ONES ,,,,,, REALITY BITES.

« Reply #103 on: December 01, 2011, 10:01:34 PM »
The game plan for this game was really suspect and because of it the Guys never really got in a rhythm ,when we started running a bit with about 7 minutes to go we looked fluent and less lathargic ( not to say that our shot% went up drastically either but we just looked more comfortable) We shoulda just played our style and lived with the results.

;D ;D ;D If we played our style the entire game, we would have lost by 60.

« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2011, 10:06:57 PM »
We have been awful on offense and are only down 11 that is encouraging. Now that we have felt them out hopefully we can get some more things going on offense while maintaining good defensive possessions. Remember this is many of their 1st college road game and to have it at Rupp against #1 UK is tough. Some better shots and we can climb back in it

WE HAVE BEEN AWFULL ON OFFENSE ALL SEASON SO FAR.  WE HAVE NO SHOOTERS.

« Reply #105 on: December 01, 2011, 10:11:00 PM »
This team is pathetic.

Look I didn't expect to get within sniffing distance of Kentucky, no one should have, but the display we put forth tonight was a disgrace.

- Aside from Gods Gift who else came to play? Did anyone else know we had a game tonight?
- Harkless got it going in garbage time...how about the other 30 mins of the game?
- Lindsey was a ghost
- D'Angelo Harrison literally took some of the worst shots I've ever seen taken in a college basketball game. So forced, and none of them were close, until he actually hit one late in the 2nd half.
- What was the game plan for the game? Roll over and die?
- The team looked soooooo LOST on both sides of the ball...deer in headlights...was the stage too big? GET USE TO IT that's why you came to New York to play
- Greene was good early then faded, where was Dom?
- Lavin needs to recruit only players over 6'10 for next year...we will lose so many games simply because we can't rebound.
- No one on the team showed fight or heart, it's so disconcerting...where is the hope? Where does this team get motivation from or positive reinforcement when they embarrass themselves?

- Terrence Jones may be the best offensive player in the NCAA, he is so scary, he just dominates at will.
- Anthony Davis is just phenomenal, minus the unibrow...what's up with that? His length and defense is tremendous, 8 blocks, over and over, I kept laughing cause it was like he was toying with us.

I guess you try and bury this game and not think about it if you are in the red and white...just pathetic.

I don't wanna hear that I am being too harsh or critical...this is the highly touted Lavin recruiting class, they have to show a pulse, even if they don't win...show some guts.

Poison

« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2011, 10:17:07 PM »
Gift played great. Polished, motivated and alert.

The rest were pretty much spooked. This team needs leadership. Lindsay is clueless. Harrison is young. Greene was okay at times. Harkless is too casual. Pointer tried hard. Had some moments. Stith was awful. We desperately need Garrett to be eligible. I am highly disappointed that this staff ignored the frontcourt. Even if Sampson and Pelle are eligible to play tonight, it's still not a BE frontcourt.

There had better be reinforcements on the way, or they won't win more than 5 BE games.

Chilleb

« Reply #107 on: December 01, 2011, 10:20:48 PM »

I did not say the entire game, but when your getting called for 5,6 shot clock violations in a half there's  obviously a considerable amount of discomfort on the offensive side of the ball. We ran that weave with weak flashes to the high post and terrible back screens for 12 minutes with no success and we didn't audible it, that's what I'm saying. We didn't attempt to throw different things at uk and once in a while try to incorporate what were great at in the mix. If we were planning on not sticking to our guns because we believe that our opponent is better than us at it and because of that play a style that is foreign to us and expect to win or be competitive that's a total lack of confidence. why even get dressed?  I'm real curious to know the coaching staffs philosophy going in. go up by 2 then play keep away for 39 minutes?

« Reply #108 on: December 01, 2011, 10:22:25 PM »
I've been told by my insider sources that he's an awesome player in practice.

Well one thing is for sure, practice dont make close to perfect in his case.   ;D

Chilleb

« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2011, 10:23:28 PM »
Does anybody have any idea what the coaching staffs philosophy is on our substitution patterns? I would think it can't be that intricate due to the fact we only have 7 guys but I can't help but notice the wrong 5 are in at all the wrong moments, offensively and defensively.

« Reply #110 on: December 01, 2011, 10:24:31 PM »
Will be out pickin up a tree fo my grams by tipoff. Fams is fams even if its Kentucky t'night. My girl gonna be DVRing it so Im a gonna be up late and I aint gonna be tunin in to all the hardcore fans here saying whatnot and strange.

Hear D'Angelo went crazy this week at Taff, just poppin from evrywhere like Larry and Mike playin horse. Hope it carry over. Hope it come down on Doron.

Keep comin on strong boys.  Maybe we go into shockin peeps. Maybe we turn this thing loose.

Lay,
Choz4life

Sure he is a great shooter in practice, he is playing against OUR DEFENSE........ which has been known to leave the three point line unguarded. :D :D

« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2011, 10:35:54 PM »
Does anybody have any idea what the coaching staffs philosophy is on our substitution patterns? I would think it can't be that intricate due to the fact we only have 7 guys but I can't help but notice the wrong 5 are in at all the wrong moments, offensively and defensively.

Substitution pattern:

Take out the guys with too many fouls for as much time into the game it is for the guy who doesn't have as many.

« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2011, 10:47:01 PM »

Substitution pattern:

Take out the guys with too many fouls for as much time into the game it is for the guy who doesn't have as many.

GOOD ONE!!! ;D ;D ;D

MCNPA

« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2011, 10:58:12 PM »
Coaching staff enters a game at Rupp arena without the head coach and with only 7 scholarship players against the #1 team in the land. What should the strategy be?   We were totally undermanned and we are a year away from having a full roster.  Losing by 20 something,points is no surprise here. Strategy was fine.  We didn't execute well, and as expected, they did.  We're too young, inexperienced and undermanned to really be a force in this one.  Had we had all 10 of our recruits here, we might have had more up front to compete.

DFF6

« Reply #114 on: December 01, 2011, 11:03:48 PM »
Kentucky will be the best team we face all year--they have at least 3 first round picks playing for them.  GG looked great, which should bode well for the rest of the season.  Losing sucks, but we should chalk this one up as a learning experience.  Need to take care of business against Detroit. 

« Reply #115 on: December 01, 2011, 11:13:45 PM »

Can someone explain to me what our style of game is?

« Reply #116 on: December 01, 2011, 11:19:47 PM »
Kentucky will be the best team we face all year--they have at least 3 first round picks playing for them.

Pretty much on point, DFF.  They could very well lose on Saturday against UNC, but I wouldn't be shocked to see them beat UNC by 10 or more.  Not at all.

« Reply #117 on: December 01, 2011, 11:28:32 PM »
Kentucky will be the best team we face all year--they have at least 3 first round picks playing for them.  GG looked great, which should bode well for the rest of the season.  Losing sucks, but we should chalk this one up as a learning experience.  Need to take care of business against Detroit. 

The schedule isnt getting that much easier

« Reply #118 on: December 01, 2011, 11:32:44 PM »
I hated our game plan we should of watched the ODU tape they ran their normal sets & almost beat them we could of done the same. I love our perimeter D. Coach said before the game he is not even worried about Uk we got our own things we have to work on.Then the game starts & we looked the Temple owls or Princeton  it was over before it started I put this one on the coaching staff!
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2011, 12:03:13 AM »
I put this one on the coaching staff!

They are more talented than us at every position...this was not a surprise. 
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!