Nuri predictions

• 52 replies

Poison

Re: Nuri predictions
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2011, 01:41:47 AM »
Let me see if I have this right. Lindsey comes in as a big part with the third ranked recruiting class in the country.(I know he does not really count for the ranking). Everyone talks him up with people wondering how long he will stay here before he goes pro. Pretty much everyone predicts he will be our leading scorer. This lovefest pretty much continues until he misses two free throws to lose a game. Now he transfers out and he will be lucky to play JUCO ball and someone predicts he will be dead in 2 years.  ::)

You don't have it right. Shocker.

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2011, 09:16:59 AM »
If he ever makes it to school he's going to go to a school where a coach is desperate to save his job. I was out in DC this weekend and spoke to a number of coaches who all said Nuri's really good but he wouldn't fit in on our team/locker room. This ran from high major to low major colleges. Schools will also be even more disappointed when they see his fall semester grades.

Prediction: D-League

makes you wonder even more why lavin would take such a risk with nuri, given how public and known nuri's reputation is among coaches.  with such a young team, you'd think we'd want to stay clear of negative baggage.  hindsight is 20/20, but seems like lavin was going all out with this class to try to get us back asap.  think he's realizing (as we fans are) that this is going to take more time than what we all thought. 

This wasn't thought preseason. Word travels quick of Nuri's shortcomings during practice, in the classroom, and in the dorms. Coaches and teammates tried to change Lindsey but couldn't nor was he willing. In Nuri's eyes he was king and everyone else wasn't treating him right.

Also Nuri is good really good and he had potential to be great but unfortunately I don't think he'll ever reach that.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2011, 09:48:37 AM »
No Poison that was pretty much it and it was a rhetorical question. More of a statemment actually.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 09:50:33 AM by we are sju »

MCNPA

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2011, 11:01:04 AM »
If he ever makes it to school he's going to go to a school where a coach is desperate to save his job. I was out in DC this weekend and spoke to a number of coaches who all said Nuri's really good but he wouldn't fit in on our team/locker room. This ran from high major to low major colleges. Schools will also be even more disappointed when they see his fall semester grades.

Prediction: D-League

makes you wonder even more why lavin would take such a risk with nuri, given how public and known nuri's reputation is among coaches.  with such a young team, you'd think we'd want to stay clear of negative baggage.  hindsight is 20/20, but seems like lavin was going all out with this class to try to get us back asap.  think he's realizing (as we fans are) that this is going to take more time than what we all thought. 

This wasn't thought preseason. Word travels quick of Nuri's shortcomings during practice, in the classroom, and in the dorms. Coaches and teammates tried to change Lindsey but couldn't nor was he willing. In Nuri's eyes he was king and everyone else wasn't treating him right.

Also Nuri is good really good and he had potential to be great but unfortunately I don't think he'll ever reach that.

On point.  He thought he was too good for the team etc. from what I heard.  He's a street player who's opinion of his game is a lot further ahead than his game.  You could tell he had it set I his mind that he thought he was going to be a pro after this season and was here to showcase himself under Lavin.  He hit D1 ball and his shooting and undisciplined play became evident.  He is no doubt a good player, but not not who is going to hear from anybody that he needs some work before even thinking about NBA. 

He needs all 3 years and I think he possibly could be a pro.  He obviously thinks he's ready now, and that NBA teams will want him based on a very rudimentary street ball skill set.  He isn't going to be a lot of NBA'ers off the dribble.  Needs a few years of seasoning.  That "robotic" play that his family talks about is about is just learning how to play structured offense and defense, something all nba PG's will need to do. 

Good player with upside, just not college material and lacks the understanding that he needs to put the time into learning the game that he gave up a few years go.

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2011, 11:07:50 AM »
All his character issues should have thrown up some red flags before handing the pg duties to him

MCNPA

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2011, 11:47:08 AM »
All his character issues should have thrown up some red flags before handing the pg duties to him

I think the staff knew he was only going to stay around for one year.  Unfortunately, they had seem issues pop up like Lavin requiring surgery, 3 guys being disqualified and they didn't know hed respond negatively to actual coaching.  They expected Lindsey to be a stopgap this year anyway.  I just don't think they expected him to ditch the team mid-season.

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2011, 10:53:46 AM »

I think the staff knew he was only going to stay around for one year.  Unfortunately, they had seem issues pop up like Lavin requiring surgery, 3 guys being disqualified and they didn't know hed respond negatively to actual coaching.  They expected Lindsey to be a stopgap this year anyway.  I just don't think they expected him to ditch the team mid-season.
I think the fact that the guy quit basketball should have raised a flag or two.  Makes you wonder how so many people can be so wrong about a player.  He was the worst shooter on our team, played lousy "D" Didn't board and was useless against a zone.  A real loser as a baller and a person.

boo3

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2011, 11:00:57 AM »

I think the fact that the guy quit basketball should have raised a flag or two.  Makes you wonder how so many people can be so wrong about a player.  He was the worst shooter on our team, played lousy "D" Didn't board and was useless against a zone.  A real loser as a baller and a person.

He quit basketball because his brother was murdered.   You are an angry man Bobre.  No holiday cheer from you?

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2011, 11:12:29 AM »
Dave
You should have a seperate forum where each player on the roster can get killed by the posters on these boards than when that kid transfers you can save everyone time  by just posting that players thread.
I almost wish Harkless leaves after the season just to see all of the attack posts by people who were creaming over him all year.   

Poison

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2011, 11:44:13 AM »
If you're "really good" you don't score 1 point against a 5-7 Detroit team.

« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2011, 11:48:37 AM »
Here is my prediction for the Harkless is Transferring thread for March 2012.

Poison- He is a loser and a coward! Just becuase you are unhappy with your job, school or significant other you should not try and change your situation but stay there and be miserable like me.

Marillac- I thought he was overated from the start. There is some 5-6 kid playing JUCO upstate who is way better. The staff should go after him.

Baldi- I heard he is going to Iona. Going to be the 12th man

Choz-slang, slang, slang, slang, slang.
Brother best walk across the street if he sees me.

LJSA- I predict he holds up a drug store in a year

DF6- I wonder how so many people could be wrong about him

Carmine-Benedict Harkless. I miss Avery Patterson

Bobre-I wonder what Sean Evans is wearing

HowCouldUBeSoHarkless-Iguess I should change my name

Dave- There is more to this than is being reported. I will not elaborate but if you ask me  I will respond with an even more cryptic answer.

Moose- I blame Harkless for the fact that Harrison shot 20%. In fact if everyone on the team transfers it could only help Harrison

Fordham-my inside sources tell me Harkless is actually an alien

KOB-Burrell was better
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 11:50:22 AM by we are sju »

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2011, 11:50:31 AM »
Anyone mention that the coach he came to play for isnt here? These kids (or men) are used to getting what they want when they want it.

Also his brother gets shot, so he quits basketball which is probably his only ticket out of the ghetto? Hopefully our staff of 13 does what they are paid to do, and do some sort of background character check.

Moose

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2011, 12:23:25 PM »
Here is my prediction for the Harkless is Transferring thread for March 2012.

Poison- He is a loser and a coward! Just becuase you are unhappy with your job, school or significant other you should not try and change your situation but stay there and be miserable like me.

Marillac- I thought he was overated from the start. There is some 5-6 kid playing JUCO upstate who is way better. The staff should go after him.

Baldi- I heard he is going to Iona. Going to be the 12th man

LJSA- I predict he holds up a drug store in a year

DF6- I wonder how so many people could be wrong about him

Carmine-Benedict Harkless. I miss Avery Patterson

Bobre-I wonder what Sean Evans is wearing

HowCouldUBeSoHarkless-Iguess I should change my name

Dave- There is more to this than is being reported. I will not elaborate but if you ask me  I will respond with an even more cryptic answer.

Moose- I blame Harkless for the fact that Harrison shot 20%. In fact if everyone on the team transfers it could only help Harrison

Fordham-my inside sources tell me Harkless is actually an alien

KOB-Burrell was better

Trying to pull an Mjmaher.
Didn't work too well :)
Remember who broke the Slice news

derk

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2011, 12:23:52 PM »
Dave
You should have a seperate forum where each player on the roster can get killed by the posters on these boards than when that kid transfers you can save everyone time  by just posting that players thread.
I almost wish Harkless leaves after the season just to see all of the attack posts by people who were creaming over him all year.

Come on. A kid who quits a team 9 games into the season, under the circumstances that he knew existed here, falls into a separate category when it comes to the boards reaction to his quitting. As has been stated by someone, if he stuck out the year and then transferred the reaction would've been mild in comparison. Instead he leaves his teammates, staff, coach and fans in the lurch. What should we do, buy him a Christmas present.

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2011, 12:32:13 PM »
Moose
I met MJ once and he seemed like a nice guy but if I was going to mimick what I know of his posting style(most of which comes from BEB) I would simply insult Realfan.

Foad

« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2011, 01:06:30 PM »
Didn't board

Nearly 5 rebounds a game, third on the team. Which at his size and position made him about the best rebounder on the team. Compared to Sean Evans, a PF, who last year averaged 3 rebounds a game and over 4 years averaged 3, 7, 7 and 3.

I thought you guys with season tickets knew everything because you actually attend the games as opposed to us fairweather slugs from Podunk? Oh well.

dR3w

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2011, 02:00:01 PM »
Didn't board

Nearly 5 rebounds a game, third on the team. Which at his size and position made him about the best rebounder on the team. Compared to Sean Evans, a PF, who last year averaged 3 rebounds a game and over 4 years averaged 3, 7, 7 and 3.

I thought you guys with season tickets knew everything because you actually attend the games as opposed to us fairweather slugs from Podunk? Oh well.

Gosh, I sure hope someone comes to Sean Evans' defense.

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2011, 02:26:50 PM »
Didn't board

Gosh, I sure hope someone comes to Sean Evans' defense.

Evans likes palindromes.  He had to go back down to three boards for it to work.  Could have averaged 10 boards a game if he wanted to.  Besides, he was more valuable as a ball handler.

How's that?

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2011, 05:50:54 PM »
Here is my prediction for the Harkless is Transferring thread

"Don't go chasin' waterfalls. Please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you use to."
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2011, 06:27:11 PM »
Here is my prediction for the Harkless is Transferring thread

"Don't go chasin' waterfalls. Please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you use to."

I like big butts and I cannot lie