Nuri predictions

• 52 replies
Re: Nuri predictions
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2011, 07:32:01 PM »
'Makes you wonder how so many people can be so wrong about a player.  He was the worst shooter on our team, played lousy "D" Didn't board and was useless against a zone.  A real loser as a baller'

Nuri played 9 D1 games in his life and was a sophmore.  In his 1st he scored 19.  In his 3rd he almost had a triple double ( did Prez or Artest ever get one?).  He scored in double figures 6 out of the 9.  As a guard had rebounding figures of 10, 7, 7, 6, 5 and 5 in these 9 games.  Also had 14 steals total.  Nba body; strong, quick, athletic. 

Yeah he's terrible.   ???

« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2011, 07:40:30 PM »
Here is my prediction for the Harkless is Transferring thread for March 2012.

Poison- He is a loser and a coward! Just becuase you are unhappy with your job, school or significant other you should not try and change your situation but stay there and be miserable like me.

Marillac- I thought he was overated from the start. There is some 5-6 kid playing JUCO upstate who is way better. The staff should go after him.

Baldi- I heard he is going to Iona. Going to be the 12th man

Choz-slang, slang, slang, slang, slang.
Brother best walk across the street if he sees me.

LJSA- I predict he holds up a drug store in a year

DF6- I wonder how so many people could be wrong about him

Carmine-Benedict Harkless. I miss Avery Patterson

Bobre-I wonder what Sean Evans is wearing

HowCouldUBeSoHarkless-Iguess I should change my name

Dave- There is more to this than is being reported. I will not elaborate but if you ask me  I will respond with an even more cryptic answer.

Moose- I blame Harkless for the fact that Harrison shot 20%. In fact if everyone on the team transfers it could only help Harrison

Fordham-my inside sources tell me Harkless is actually an alien

KOB-Burrell was better

Great post Wasju.  Inaccurate but terrific none the less.

Did I bad mouth Doyle, Dexter, Maybanks, your man crush Michigan, Polee vault or anybody else that transferred out the "right way"?  No.

College scholarships are renewed one year at a time.  You finish the year and transfer for any reason, then that's your business and I don't say boo.  This is way different and plain wrong to leave your coaches and teamates in an impossible pickle.  Benedict Lindsey deserves a tongue lashing.

« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2011, 03:04:01 AM »
'Makes you wonder how so many people can be so wrong about a player.  He was the worst shooter on our team, played lousy "D" Didn't board and was useless against a zone.  A real loser as a baller'

Nuri played 9 D1 games in his life and was a sophmore.  In his 1st he scored 19.  In his 3rd he almost had a triple double ( did Prez or Artest ever get one?).  He scored in double figures 6 out of the 9.  As a guard had rebounding figures of 10, 7, 7, 6, 5 and 5 in these 9 games.  Also had 14 steals total.  Nba body; strong, quick, athletic. 

Yeah Nuri has an NBA body and like 99.9% of like people he will never sniff the NBA. Wow double figure in 6 of 9 games-sounds like an NCAA record or something. Good games in 2 of first 3 games-yeah against really tough competion (D3). Guess you can twist the facts to prove anything huh?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 03:04:34 AM by Celtics11 »

« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2011, 01:57:14 PM »
And to Lavin’s credit, he didn’t jettison Lindsey at the first sign of discord. The day after announcing Lindsey was leaving the program, Lavin engaged in a lengthy series of texts messages with his former player, encouraging and consoling a young man who once again was in that all-too-familiar position of not knowing what the future holds.

“If there’s anybody that should take any blame for Nuri leaving it should be me,’’ said assistant coach Mike Dunlap, who has taken over the first chair. “Because I coach a certain way, demand a certain thing, and had I had more time to develop a relationship with Nuri, I think he wouldn’t have left.’’

Moose

« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2011, 02:08:44 PM »
And to Lavin’s credit, he didn’t jettison Lindsey at the first sign of discord. The day after announcing Lindsey was leaving the program, Lavin engaged in a lengthy series of texts messages with his former player, encouraging and consoling a young man who once again was in that all-too-familiar position of not knowing what the future holds.

“If there’s anybody that should take any blame for Nuri leaving it should be me,’’ said assistant coach Mike Dunlap, who has taken over the first chair. “Because I coach a certain way, demand a certain thing, and had I had more time to develop a relationship with Nuri, I think he wouldn’t have left.’’

Link????
Remember who broke the Slice news

desco80

« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2011, 02:25:34 PM »
Interesting comments by Dunlap. 

boo3

« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2011, 04:54:48 PM »
http://m.nypost.com/p/sports/college/basketball/greene_point_FRV51KDRB9CrW2qpQb9IzL

At least this staff takes some accountability.  Something we are not accustomed to around here lately.

« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2011, 12:25:38 AM »

Yeah Nuri has an NBA body and like 99.9% of like people he will never sniff the NBA. Wow double figure in 6 of 9 games-sounds like an NCAA record or something. Good games in 2 of first 3 games-yeah against really tough competion (D3). Guess you can twist the facts to prove anything huh?

I don't like the guy either but just because he left us in the lurch doesn't mean his game was garbage. Yes he scored.  Yes he rebounded. Yes he stole the ball. Kid had loads of talent.  Don't you think he could have been a darn servicable asset two years from now as a senior?

He showed enough in only 9 games to whet my appetite.  We haven't had a player this talented leave this early since Rodney Epperson.  He probably would have been great as a senior also.

« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2011, 08:54:18 AM »

I don't like the guy either but just because he left us in the lurch doesn't mean his game was garbage. Yes he scored.  Yes he rebounded. Yes he stole the ball. Kid had loads of talent.  Don't you think he could have been a darn servicable asset two years from now as a senior?

He showed enough in only 9 games to whet my appetite.  We haven't had a player this talented leave this early since Rodney Epperson.  He probably would have been great as a senior also.

Wow!  Rodney Epperson.  I had forgotten all about him.  You pulled one out of the hat, carmine. 

« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2011, 12:53:14 PM »
Good article.  Worth the read:

Lindsey had some rough spots on the court -- he missed two free throws with 2.3 seconds left that cost the Red Storm the game against Texas A&M at Madison Square Garden, and he had just one point in a blowout loss at Kentucky -- but he was also butting heads with the coaches during practice and off the court. A parking ticket here, a missed class there. When he informed his coach, Steve Lavin, by text message that he wanted to leave, Lavin didn't try to talk -- or text -- him out of it.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/seth_davis/12/19/Khem.Birch/

« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2011, 01:02:34 PM »
Good article.  Worth the read:

Lindsey had some rough spots on the court -- he missed two free throws with 2.3 seconds left that cost the Red Storm the game against Texas A&M at Madison Square Garden, and he had just one point in a blowout loss at Kentucky -- but he was also butting heads with the coaches during practice and off the court. A parking ticket here, a missed class there. When he informed his coach, Steve Lavin, by text message that he wanted to leave, Lavin didn't try to talk -- or text -- him out of it.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/seth_davis/12/19/Khem.Birch/

Thanks for the article, life.

« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2011, 01:45:26 PM »

Wow!  Rodney Epperson.  I had forgotten all about him.  You pulled one out of the hat, carmine.

If you're able to sift through the mountains of crap I write.  Once a millenium I come up with something.