Fordham - Game Thread

• 140 replies

Marillac

Re: Fordham
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2011, 02:41:28 PM »
We are going to beat the crap out of Fordham.

What in the wide wide world of sports makes you think that?

Because I love this class and there will be some games that the talent they have will absolutely outweigh any lack of experience and lack of physical maturity.  I think this is one of those games.  I also think that Greene and Harrison will work together much more fluidly than Nuri and Harrison.  At some point I expect Phil to overthink and for force stuff, but that will probably be a few games down the road.

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2011, 09:30:41 PM »

What in the wide wide world of sports makes you think that?

Because I love this class and there will be some games that the talent they have will absolutely outweigh any lack of experience and lack of physical maturity.  I think this is one of those games.  I also think that Greene and Harrison will work together much more fluidly than Nuri and Harrison.  At some point I expect Phil to overthink and for force stuff, but that will probably be a few games down the road.
I agree with Marillac. SJU by 16. Just don't bet on my mush

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2011, 10:21:56 PM »

I'd like to think so, but I think we're in for a dog fight.  Pecora will have his team geared up to play us.  With all of the turmoil surrounding the team, I think we could easily lose this game.

I believe that the staff deserves some flack as to how we have fared to date,,,,,, but, not in the case of the Fordham game.  This is an inexperienced Fordham team with FAR LASS TALENT.  If we cant beat them, there is something wrong with this picture.  And think of it this way, would you have excused Norm and Company for losing to Fordham under any circumstances ( as I know no one would) then why expect anything less from a superior staff with SUPERIOR TALENT.

In short, we better win this one. >:(

Poison

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2011, 10:32:10 PM »
I agree, we better win this game. The staff had better them come out hungry.

Marillac

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2011, 11:08:04 PM »

I'd like to think so, but I think we're in for a dog fight.  Pecora will have his team geared up to play us.  With all of the turmoil surrounding the team, I think we could easily lose this game.

I believe that the staff deserves some flack as to how we have fared to date,,,,,, but, not in the case of the Fordham game.  This is an inexperienced Fordham team with FAR LASS TALENT.  If we cant beat them, there is something wrong with this picture.  And think of it this way, would you have excused Norm and Company for losing to Fordham under any circumstances ( as I know no one would) then why expect anything less from a superior staff with SUPERIOR TALENT.

You believe the staff deserves flak for going 4-5 after playing the #1 team in the country, two other top 20 teams, and a solid Detriot team on the road? 

You are insane.  No staff inthe world or that ever existed would have us any better than 5-4!!!!  We have all new players, no size, and no depth! 

Poison

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2011, 11:22:35 PM »
Marillac, we praised the staff for signing top recruits. I certainly did.
That does not mean that we should accept a horrible product this year.

We are all tired of being the laughing stock of NYC.

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2011, 11:46:11 PM »

You believe the staff deserves flak for going 4-5 after playing the #1 team in the country, two other top 20 teams, and a solid Detriot team on the road? 

You are insane.  No staff inthe world or that ever existed would have us any better than 5-4!!!!  We have all new players, no size, and no depth!

No, I am not insane, just a poor use of words..... I ,meant to say that the staff deserves some SLACK.  Thats what a 14 hour day does to one's mind.   :o

pmg911

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2011, 08:52:58 AM »
Marillac - While I think the team is/was in for a long year from the start and our record right now is not the end of the world; we should have beaten Texas A&M, Detroit and Northeastern. Those losses are not on the staff but we should have won all three games, especially Texas A&M.

sju89tr

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2011, 09:17:22 AM »
Marillac - While I think the team is/was in for a long year from the start and our record right now is not the end of the world; we should have beaten Texas A&M, Detroit and Northeastern. Those losses are not on the staff but we should have won all three games, especially Texas A&M.

Agree 100% and a 7-2 record right now would look pretty good with only losses to AZ and KY.

Poison

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2011, 09:35:42 AM »

No, I am not insane, just a poor use of words..... I ,meant to say that the staff deserves some SLACK.  Thats what a 14 hour day does to one's mind.   :o

Realfan isn't wrong, they certainly do. I still think that there is a bright future for the program with Lavin leading it, but going into the BE season with one undersized big man was a bad idea no matter how you slice it. If the staff has 5 ships to give, they should be looking at 4 big men, and 1 true point guard.

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2011, 10:13:34 AM »
At this point, should we be happy just to get a win, or a double digit win would only be satisfying?

desco80

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2011, 11:30:14 AM »
A win is a win.  Get it, and move on.   

Of course we'd love to build some true momentum and have a break out game.    But I don't need a double digit win to be happy tomorrow.   Just get the W.

Poison

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2011, 12:17:47 PM »

Of course we'd love to build some true momentum and have a break out game.    But I don't need a double digit win to be happy tomorrow.   Just get the W.

I think you mean Saturday, not tomorrow.

desco80

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2011, 06:22:52 PM »

Yep.  it's official, I'm losing it.    All day yesterday I operated as if it was Friday. 

Poison

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2011, 06:28:26 PM »

Yep.  it's official, I'm losing it.    All day yesterday I operated as if it was Friday. 

Are they hiring at your company?

DFF6

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2011, 07:07:55 PM »

LOL!  Here's a dumb question:  Is Nuri officially gone, or could he play against Fordham since the fall semester hasn't actually ended yet? (of course, the question assumes the staff would actually let him play post transfer announcement, which I wouldn't expect it would ever do)

Moose

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2011, 07:16:05 PM »

LOL!  Here's a dumb question:  Is Nuri officially gone, or could he play against Fordham since the fall semester hasn't actually ended yet? (of course, the question assumes the staff would actually let him play post transfer announcement, which I wouldn't expect it would ever do)

He's gone.
Remember who broke the Slice news

desco80

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2011, 07:21:58 PM »

If I don't start getting some sleep at night they might have a position to fill.  But I digress...

I don't think it's a stupid question, but you said yourself; it ain't happening.   So why ask?   Technically though, I think if Nuri didn't file paperwork to transfer, and is still registered for classes then he would be eligible to play. 

But there's no turning back on this one.. he's gone. 

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2011, 11:57:00 PM »
Is there an internet broadcast for this game?

« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2011, 01:42:42 AM »
think it is on msg+.

Is this game part of the holiday festival?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.