Fordham - Game Thread

• 140 replies
Fordham - Game Thread
« on: December 12, 2011, 08:45:08 PM »
beating up Siena tonight. I hope Pecora doesnt perform some magic again this year. This is a must win imo
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 10:31:57 AM by jumpinjohnny »

Moose

Re: Fordham
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 08:48:58 PM »
beating up Siena tonight. I hope Pecora doesnt perform some magic again this year. This is a must win imo

They are pretty much equals.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 08:52:27 PM »

I think Fordham has more talent, definitely in Gaston

Poison

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 09:22:28 PM »
Fordham could absolutely beat us.

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 09:25:24 PM »
Fordham could absolutely beat us.

And with Pecora once again out to make a point, look out.  The folks (admin) at Fordham are very forgiving of an overall lousy record as long as they beat us. 

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 09:27:27 PM »

What do you mean by "more talent"?  You must not mean "best players" because St John's will have 5 of the best 7 in this game (and that's only if you think fatty is more talented than greene/gift).  Assuming Gaston and Moe match up at the 4, I think St Johns has more talent at every position.

Could totally lose this game, though.  But keep in mind that Fordham is really young, too.  They got spanked by Manhattan and Monmouth in their previous two games.

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 09:30:32 PM »

What do you mean by "more talent"?  You must not mean "best players" because St John's will have 5 of the best 7 in this game (and that's only if you think fatty is more talented than greene/gift).  Assuming Gaston and Moe match up at the 4, I think St Johns has more talent at every position.

Could totally lose this game, though.  But keep in mind that Fordham is really young, too.  They got spanked by Manhattan and Monmouth in their previous two games.

Meant Fordham has more talent than Siena

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 09:40:07 PM »
Do I think Fordham could beat St Johns on Saturday, yes. Do I think they will, no.

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 09:53:24 PM »
Siena is struggling as a program right now. They did beat Albany in the upstate battle...no fights in that game.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 09:55:00 PM »
We are going to beat the crap out of Fordham.

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 10:20:12 PM »
siena is in for a brutal year. Sad to see them struggle since fran left.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 11:23:52 PM »
I have a holiday party to go to next saturday night and if we lose I'll have to get so drunk to get over my misery there is no way I'll make the party.

I plan on making the party

Poison

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 01:43:43 AM »

What in the wide wide world of sports makes you think that?

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 09:17:48 AM »
Is Fatty going to give us problems? I've never seen him play, what type of pg is he?

DFF6

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2011, 09:27:22 AM »

I'd like to think so, but I think we're in for a dog fight.  Pecora will have his team geared up to play us.  With all of the turmoil surrounding the team, I think we could easily lose this game.

Moose

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2011, 10:08:08 AM »
Is Fatty going to give us problems? I've never seen him play, what type of pg is he?

A walking turnover.

redslope

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2011, 10:14:52 AM »
FU has been blown out by its biggest rival-Manhattan and lost to Lehigh by 16.  This should be a win for the Redmen.  As they say at Manhattan--"The Ram eats ****"
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 10:15:30 AM by redslope »

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2011, 10:51:45 AM »
Who was the guard that ate our lunch last year? Frazier,Estwick? Might actually be someone who graduat

Moose

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2011, 11:52:23 AM »
Who was the guard that ate our lunch last year? Frazier,Estwick? Might actually be someone who graduat

Butler
He's gone.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 11:53:05 AM by Moose »

dR3w

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2011, 12:39:52 PM »
As an optimist, I would like to believe that having had over a week to prepare, that they will be more than ready for this game.  Last year the defense continued to get better as the team continued to become more familiar with it.  It was also around this time last year when the offense started to become a little more structured.  I am hopeful that losing the bad seed with cause the team to focus more on the task at hand.

As a pessimist, I think that the offense is really lacking.  Lots of guys who can't create their own shot (especially with the quitter gone) and not a true PG to get them the ball in the right places.  I also believe that being so short on the bench causes the team to play too careful and that leads to too many easy scores for the bad guys.

Overall I am hoping that the season starts to turn the corner with this game.  They owe Fordham a good beating.