Felix Balamou - SG - Our Savior New American - Centerreach, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 344 replies

MCNPA

Felix is extremely underrated, i was watching some video last night and he matched up with Amir last year at is8 and def got the better end of it. He's super athletic, jumps out the gym , plays excellent defense has about a 6'6 reach, I'm liking this pick up the more and more I think about. OSNA plays a national schedule and aside from obekpa Felix is there main scoring option and best wing scorer and defender. So not only does he guard the best of the country he was giving them about 17 per on the offensive end as well.

It took me a few games of really watching him to realize that he does some things really well.  I hope he spends the entire offseason working on his shooting and offense with the help of Rico.  Needs to be able to at least keep defenses honest from the outside. 

Chilleb

Felix is extremely underrated, i was watching some video last night and he matched up with Amir last year at is8 and def got the better end of it. He's super athletic, jumps out the gym , plays excellent defense has about a 6'6 reach, I'm liking this pick up the more and more I think about. OSNA plays a national schedule and aside from obekpa Felix is there main scoring option and best wing scorer and defender. So not only does he guard the best of the country he was giving them about 17 per on the offensive end as well.

It took me a few games of really watching him to realize that he does some things really well.  I hope he spends the entire offseason working on his shooting and offense with the help of Rico.  Needs to be able to at least keep defenses honest from the outside.

He has a great work ethic, I think we're only gonna hear about how much of a joy he is to coach and I like the fact d Angelo has someone who is gonna give him fits in practice.

DFF6

I like the fact d Angelo has someone who is gonna give him fits in practice.

Excellent point!

I have now watched all three of his complete games from TheBasketballDiaries which are posted on page 5 of this thread.

IMO he was the best player on the court for the majority of the time. The best part is he was playing against quality players such as AMIR GARRETT, Quinton Decoset, Carl Townes, Danial Dingle. And between him and Chris O its not even close in terms of who the better player is right now. Really take a look for your self if you guys can the kid is much better than I expected, and Chris O is much much more raw than I expected.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Excellent point!

i hope that branch has been giving DLo fits in practice this past semester.

LJSA

Excellent point!

i hope that branch has been giving DLo fits in practice this past semester.

He's probably been too busy improving Greene's game.

Welcome aboard Felix!

Obekpa not main scoring option. Checked newday box scores and more often than not Obekpa had 4 pts. Felix leading scorer on team with 16-17 pts per on team his coach claims has 8 D1 players.

paultzman

“@DanielJMartin_: From @CBTonNBC: #STJbb is back on track with Felix Balamou http://t.co/G8lGJZId Great picture of Lavin”

lihoop

can we show some love to Felix and post a picture of him on the home page?

Dan

Ball is starting to roll, hopefully this means a certain someone else is coming here but if not, gotta keep plugging away.  It has to be difficult recruiting a recruiting class two times.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 11:24:29 PM by Dan »

Ball is starting to roll, hopefully this means a certain someone else is coming here but if not, gotta keep plugging away.  It has to be difficult recruit a recruiting class two times.

Dan we just gotta keep saying HAMMER TO ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dropped 28 tonight, big chris had 13 & 13 (Blocks)

Chilleb

And he plays D

Moose

Was gonna do big post but I'll keep this in the Felix thread.  Impressed hell out of me tonight. He might have missed 2 or 3 shots the whole night.  He was hitting jumpers too not like it was all dunks, even though he gets his head above the rim.  You can tell him and Obekpa have a rapport on the court.  They look for eachother real well.  He sold me tonight.

You have to add somewhere in the vicinity of 15-18 boards for Obekpa.  Tom Konchalski turned to me and my friend at one point and said he had 9, 14 and 11.  And then he added two monsterous dunks and some more boards and blocks after.  Obekpa totally sold me tonight as well.  I was lukewarm to start with him, but tonight.  In a guards tournament he was able to make an impact.  Might have maybe had 2 fouls only.  His blocks come one and one, help and most importantly to me sometimes in succession. He would block one and then the follow up as well.  I don't get nervous when he has the ball.  I don't want him dribbling coast to coast but he can grab the board and take a few dribbles to start the break.

*Side note Kimani Young was coaching the Rodney Abrams/New Heights team with Obekpa and Felix.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

Was gonna do big post but I'll keep this in the Felix thread.  Impressed hell out of me tonight. He might have missed 2 or 3 shots the whole night.  He was hitting jumpers too not like it was all dunks, even though he gets his head above the rim.  You can tell him and Obekpa have a rapport on the court.  They look for eachother real well.  He sold me tonight.

You have to add somewhere in the vicinity of 15-18 boards for Obekpa.  Tom Konchalski turned to me and my friend at one point and said he had 9, 14 and 11.  And then he added two monsterous dunks and some more boards and blocks after.  Obekpa totally sold me tonight as well.  I was lukewarm to start with him, but tonight.  In a guards tournament he was able to make an impact.  Might have maybe had 2 fouls only.  His blocks come one and one, help and most importantly to me sometimes in succession. He would block one and then the follow up as well.  I don't get nervous when he has the ball.  I don't want him dribbling coast to coast but he can grab the board and take a few dribbles to start the break.

*Side note Kimani Young was coaching the Rodney Abrams/New Heights team with Obekpa and Felix.

Nice job Moose! Any sense of where we stand with CO?

Moose

Nice job Moose! Any sense of where we stand with CO?

No idea its quiet like you said you've experienced.  But I don't think we would have held the big official we did unless where there was smoke, there is fire.
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

Great report.  Obekpa is the defensive presence that Nerlens is, but doesn't get the same credit.  Great to hear about Balamou.  Let's lock up Obekpa now...

LJSA

Moose:
When Balamou first signed I had him pegged as a spot duty fifth guard. Does he look like he could be the fourth guard in what most of us assume will be a Branch/Harrison/Green-heavy backcourt?