Jamal Branch - PG - Texas A&M Transfer - ST. JOHN'S

• 270 replies

crgreen

Re: Jamal Branch - PG - Texas A&M Transfer - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #240 on: January 14, 2012, 05:27:10 PM »
A mea culpa......me,  the biggest Lavin Honk there is, and I let  myself seriously underestimate Steve.   

Over the last months we've been posting on MAYBE we could get Momo Jones.   Hey, VT's BACKUP pg is transferring, maybe we can get him....etc.

Instead, Steve is targeting another top 40 recruit, who'll come in with three years of eligibility (those others each had only 2...).   And lands him.   

Maybe the illness was affecting my optimism!

« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 05:27:31 PM by crgreen »

« Reply #241 on: January 14, 2012, 06:56:53 PM »
And as far as Branch, wow! Finally some good news lets hope this starts building some momentum

kjd01067

« Reply #242 on: January 15, 2012, 07:03:31 AM »
I thought all the well wishes to crgreen deserved its own thread so I moved all the posts to the In the jungle and stickied the thread at the top.  I have also posted the link below

http://johnnyjungle.com/forum/index.php?topic=6491.0

desco80

« Reply #243 on: January 15, 2012, 03:20:42 PM »
Was Branch on the bench today?   Didn't see him there.  Also confused as to why Sealy is always in black warmups. 

« Reply #244 on: January 15, 2012, 03:24:52 PM »
Was Branch on the bench today?   Didn't see him there.  Also confused as to why Sealy is always in black warmups. 

not on the bench, but sitting behind our basket. 

« Reply #245 on: January 15, 2012, 04:19:16 PM »

Sealy was wearing white warmups today.  Branch was sitting in the first row next to the bench behind the basket.  Lenn Robbins had a long interview with him at halftime.

Poison

« Reply #246 on: January 15, 2012, 04:23:15 PM »
He's probably wondering how he's going to play with Stith entering his senior season.

« Reply #247 on: January 16, 2012, 07:11:26 PM »
Jamal Branch's twitter-

It's official, I will be wearing number 0!

« Reply #248 on: February 28, 2012, 06:20:44 PM »
@STJ_Basketball VIDEO: Coach Dunlap, Coach Keady, God'sgift Achiuwa, Amir Garrett and Jamal Branch preview Pitt, talk #stjbb: bit.ly/wSO6vL

crgreen

« Reply #249 on: March 17, 2012, 06:25:27 PM »
How many games does Branch miss before he becomes eligible next season?

Moose

« Reply #250 on: March 17, 2012, 06:28:19 PM »
How many games does Branch miss before he becomes eligible next season?

Not possible to know at this point.  Both the STJ fall semester and our schedule have to be determined.  STJ fall semester usually runs pretty late right up to before Christmas so figure Dec 18th area.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #251 on: March 17, 2012, 06:44:57 PM »
I would expect him ready by the time Big East league play starts, maybe even a couple of games before

« Reply #252 on: March 17, 2012, 07:03:00 PM »
If it was this year I think he would have been available for UTPA.  That was Amir's first game this year in a similar situation.  With the BE season starting so early now it's unlikely he'll get to play in more than 1 or 2 non conf games before getting into conference play.

« Reply #253 on: March 17, 2012, 07:14:55 PM »
luckily he's been practicing with the team.

Will be interesting if he is inserted in the starting lineup or comes off the bench

« Reply #254 on: March 18, 2012, 03:14:14 PM »
He'll be eligible after the fall semester ends. I'll let you guys know when the schedule comes out. Usually mid December.

Gumby

« Reply #255 on: March 18, 2012, 03:49:08 PM »

Will be interesting if he is inserted in the starting lineup or comes off the bench

Just from reading all the posts on Jamal, including how his practices have gone, and our shortcomings from this season, he should start right away.

« Reply #256 on: March 18, 2012, 04:00:15 PM »
He will be eligible after December 15 next year.

crgreen

« Reply #257 on: March 18, 2012, 07:12:43 PM »

Just from reading all the posts on Jamal, including how his practices have gone, and our shortcomings from this season, he should start right away.

Mentioned it in the Woods thread, but I happened to check Branch's bio over at the A&M site - it referenced something I'd forgotten about Jamal - something I should have remembered from when UCLA was recruiting him - two years ago, SCOUT named Branch THE best defensive player in the class of 2011.

gman

« Reply #258 on: March 18, 2012, 07:14:02 PM »

Mentioned it in the Woods thread, but I happened to check Branch's bio over at the A&M site - it referenced something I'd forgotten about Jamal - something I should have remembered from when UCLA was recruiting him - two years ago, SCOUT named Branch THE best defensive player in the class of 2011.

The kid is a serious player.  Top 60 overall, I think top 5 PG, and top defender.  This isn't some low-major recruit we are getting.  I'm excited to see what he can do.

« Reply #259 on: March 18, 2012, 08:54:43 PM »

Probably not a good idea starting him right away, not having pllayed in a year than right into big east play