D'Angelo is really really tough

• 80 replies
D'Angelo is really really tough
« on: January 07, 2012, 06:26:33 PM »
He hasn't been the most efficient this season but this kid can hit tough shots and make big play. I really enjoy watching him play.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

sju89tr

Re: D'Angelo is really really tough
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 06:30:14 PM »
He hasn't been the most efficient this season but this kid can hit tough shots and make big play. I really enjoy watching him play.

DeAngelo will be a 4 year player for us and will hav a great pro career somewhere. He is going to be a staple for the program. He may go down as the schools all time leading scoer as he develops.

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 06:34:23 PM »
DAC started the season slow but has realllllly picked it up the last few games. He will be a Big East force to be reckoned with.

Also I love the roar he gave to the camera at the end of the game. Dude is charismatic and has got passion.

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 06:41:03 PM »
DAC started the season slow but has realllllly picked it up the last few games. He will be a Big East force to be reckoned with.

Also I love the roar he gave to the camera at the end of the game. Dude is charismatic and has got passion.

just for you ;-)

http://lockerz.com/s/172563677

Poison

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 06:57:00 PM »
I have a man crush on him.

Marillac

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 07:50:43 PM »
Very good freshman don't play as good as Harrison and Harkless...legendary college players do.  We are incredibly lucky to have these kids.  I can't believe anyone could be negative when we have these two and a trio like Garrett, Pointer, and Greene beside them!  The future looks amazing.  Harrison is so crafty and savvy as a freshman...he will drive teams mad as a senior, drawing more charges, over-the -backs, and techs than anyone we've had at STJ.

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 08:23:12 PM »
I think what gets overlooked by some is that much more is being asked of these guys than most other newbies in the country, especially the Big East.  There is no Kevin Jones/Truck, or Gibbs/Woodal, or Lamb/Napier, or Triche/Joseph/Scoop, or Kuric/Siva/Dieng/Smith or Theodore/Pope, etc, to help out.  No learning curve, and no older players to take the burden on an off night.  Imagine how good we would be with one or two very good upperclassmen.  Makes me pull for and appreciate these guys even more.

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 08:36:55 PM »
Big East road game vs a quality team. Losing at half time , home team in the Bonus, The Johnnies have only 2 subs on the bench, Cinn's (NY'er) "Kilpatrick" is trying to grab  the lead head line of this game.  The Redmen prevail !!  Well done "7's". Your                willingness to take this game with  defense,rebounding and never giving up attitude was great to watch.

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 08:42:48 PM »
Deangelo is such a gamer. As he gets more explosive and confident (not sure if he can get anymore confident) hell continue to get better. Its a two man race right now for big east freshmen of the year. Good thing their both on our team!
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Moose

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2012, 09:59:40 PM »
I have a man crush on him.

Same here
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2012, 01:09:27 AM »
Another overlooked quality about D'Angelo when he first came in, defense wasn't a priority. He's bought in defensively.

Just like last year I could count on Paris Horne to get 1 offensive rebound off a missed FT a game. I can count on Harrison drawing an over the back call from his efforts boxing someone out. Keep an eye on that.

Also he's closing out harder, jumping passing lanes, and I think credit A. coaching and B. his teammate Dom Pointer. Harrison is obviously competitive and Pointer really seemed to spark this team defensively in the Lehigh game and I've noticed Harrison pick it up since then.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

MCNPA

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2012, 07:10:01 AM »
Another overlooked quality about D'Angelo when he first came in, defense wasn't a priority. He's bought in defensively.

Just like last year I could count on Paris Horne to get 1 offensive rebound off a missed FT a game. I can count on Harrison drawing an over the back call from his efforts boxing someone out. Keep an eye on that.

Also he's closing out harder, jumping passing lanes, and I think credit A. coaching and B. his teammate Dom Pointer. Harrison is obviously competitive and Pointer really seemed to spark this team defensively in the Lehigh game and I've noticed Harrison pick it up since then.

He's also great at taking charges which is an art in and of itself.  He's also learned the Geno "bump" and is quite the actor out there.  It's great because the kid is almost a 90% ft shooter.

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2012, 10:10:20 AM »
Both Harrison and Harkless should be 1st team Big East next year

jr49

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2012, 03:21:47 PM »

And just enough of a chip. When the going got tough, he dug in, and Nuri took a walk.

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2012, 06:09:44 PM »
Harrison is a warrior.  Love the way he stared down the Cincinatti student section (I think the ref warned him about this).  How about refusing the hug from the Louisville player?  I've said it before, if I were a recruit I'd want to go into battle with this guy.  Don't mess with Texas!

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2012, 07:08:01 PM »
DeAngelo is one of those kids that would irk me so much if he wasn't on the team im rooting for...and that's a good thing.

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2012, 09:40:25 AM »
Reminds me of a shorter version of Miles Simon or Lawrence Moten. Doesn't have a pretty jumper, herky jerky, doesn't always look pretty, plays bigger than they are but he can score. Very good player. Not what I expected coming in but might be my favorite player anyway. Good rebounder for a guard and I have more confidence in his dribble than Greene or Stith.

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2012, 09:52:05 AM »
I've heard the comments about his shooting stroke and I disagree.  I think he has great form on his jumper.  Early on, he was rushing his shot and, therefore, missing too many.  Lately, the game seems to have slowed down for him and he isn't rushing his shot anymore.  I never doubted that his shot would come.  I'm more pleasantly surprised by his ability to beat the defender off the dribble.

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2012, 09:54:45 AM »
He does not have a traditional jumper. More of a set / push shot and I do not think he will ever shoot a great percentage from three. Who cares though, he is a good basketball player. Going to play 4 years and might wound up as the schools all time leading scorer.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 09:55:28 AM by we are sju »

Poison

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2012, 10:08:54 AM »
I know I'll get killed for this, but he reminds me of Agudio from Hofstra.