Jonathan Severe - SG - Christ the King HS - New York, N.Y. - FORDHAM

• 676 replies

Moose

Re: Jonathan Severe - SG - Christ the King HS - New York, N.Y.
« Reply #260 on: February 20, 2013, 01:04:01 PM »
Zags has a post up this morning if someone wants to paste. Doesn't mention sju in the mix.

We aren't

I'm getting the feeling that it's Rysheed Jordan or bust for 2013

Doesn't seem like the staff is really interested in any others

Wait for kids who renege or also 5th year transfer.

I think you are right and also think that talent pool will be large this year.

Which one? 
Remember who broke the Slice news

Happy

« Reply #261 on: February 20, 2013, 01:38:59 PM »
I think the number of kids backing out of pledges will be high.

« Reply #262 on: February 20, 2013, 02:00:22 PM »
I'm hoping Dakari Johnson comes to his senses and dumps UK for us!  ;D

paultzman

« Reply #263 on: February 21, 2013, 08:26:42 PM »
“@NYCHoops: Pittsburgh Head Coach Jamie Dixon has offered Jon Severe according to CTK coach Joe Arbitello. #BigEast #CollegeHoops”

Chilleb

« Reply #264 on: February 21, 2013, 10:09:58 PM »

“@NYCHoops: Pittsburgh Head Coach Jamie Dixon has offered Jon Severe according to CTK coach Joe Arbitello. #BigEast #CollegeHoops”
::) :-X

pmg911

« Reply #265 on: February 22, 2013, 06:58:46 AM »

I wonder if Severe will follow him when he leaves for USC after the season is over.

« Reply #266 on: February 25, 2013, 01:40:42 PM »
PMG, you don't think Dixon makes it to the ACC?  I don't think Rice makes it to Big 10.

sju89tr

« Reply #267 on: February 25, 2013, 06:58:47 PM »

I wonder if Severe will follow him when he leaves for USC after the season is over.

I don't see Dixon leaving for USC. They need a west coast guy at that school. Although Dixon has roots in the area, he has been at Pitt a long time.

That is a very tough job.

paultzman

« Reply #268 on: February 27, 2013, 11:32:18 AM »
Evan though we are not recruiting him, kudos to Chilleb's man!

The boys finalists for NYS player of the year are:

• Jermaine Crumpton, Niagara Falls -- Averaging 20 points and 11 rebounds for the Wolverines as he prepares for college ball at Canisius.

• Kentan Facey, Long Island Lutheran -- The 6-foot-8 forward is a versatile playmaker for the state's top-ranked Class AA squad who has signed with UConn.

• Terrence Samuel, South Shore -- A UConn recruit averaging 15 points, 6 assists and 5 rebounds in one of the most demanding leagues in NEw York for the state's 20th-ranked team.

• Jon Severe, Christ the King -- Averaging 22.5 points with six 30-point efforts during a season that has dramatically raised his recruiting profile.

• Adam Weir, Canisius -- Leading the way for the state's top-ranked Class A team with 21.3 points and 7.7 rebounds per game.

ras

« Reply #270 on: March 04, 2013, 07:22:20 PM »
 Considering DLO may not return next year and Jorden is unlikely, Severe looks awfully attractive.

paultzman

« Reply #271 on: March 04, 2013, 07:22:51 PM »
Considering DLO may not return next year and Jorden is unlikely, Severe looks awfully attractive.

He shoots too well!

Poison

« Reply #272 on: March 04, 2013, 07:28:09 PM »

I'd sign that guy in a NY minute. I know that at St.John's our "shooters" have been notoriously awful shooters, but this kid is at least closing his high school career strong.

MCNPA

« Reply #273 on: March 04, 2013, 07:28:17 PM »
Sould put the full court on Severe, especially with D'Lo on the rocks.  I certainly want D'Lo back, but that doesn't make him a "sure thing" right now and either way we can use a scoring guard.  Greene, Bourgault and Balamou aren't cutting it in that department.  Time to move on from Jordan if he's just going to drop us in a month with nobody left on the table. 

Poison

« Reply #274 on: March 04, 2013, 07:37:20 PM »
Sould put the full court on Severe, especially with D'Lo on the rocks.  I certainly want D'Lo back, but that doesn't make him a "sure thing" right now and either way we can use a scoring guard.  Greene, Bourgault and Balamou aren't cutting it in that department.  Time to move on from Jordan if he's just going to drop us in a month with nobody left on the table. 

Balamou hasn't played enough.

boo3

« Reply #275 on: March 04, 2013, 07:38:51 PM »
Balamou is a great energy guy that should get more minutes, I agree. However, I don't think he will ever be a "shooter"

Marillac

« Reply #276 on: March 04, 2013, 07:42:14 PM »
Balamou is a great energy guy that should get more minutes, I agree. However, I don't think he will ever be a "shooter"

He'll probably never be a shooter, but he can shoot.  I thin he'll only get better. He had quick trigger at OSNA. 

Moose

« Reply #277 on: March 04, 2013, 07:47:38 PM »
If your Severe and a school hasn't recruited and all of a sudden puts full court press.  What do you do?  Personally I would pay no attention because in all likelihood he would get recruited over in a heartbeat.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #278 on: March 04, 2013, 07:49:43 PM »
If your Severe and a school hasn't recruited and all of a sudden puts full court press.  What do you do?  Personally I would pay no attention because in all likelihood he would get recruited over in a heartbeat.

You know it doesn't work that way. I agree though, I lot of kids act like 15 year old girls and they love the attention.

paultzman

« Reply #279 on: March 04, 2013, 07:54:48 PM »
Isn't the point staff has not taken any interest in him, right or wrong? Happy has noted that and it does not appear that will change.