@STJCoachLavin

• 576 replies

NYCoffey

Re: @STJCoachLavin
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2012, 10:19:40 AM »
There is a trend of people following up good news (Lavins tweet that he is going to have 5 more recruits signed in the Spring) with some outlandish gut feelings. Cant we just discuss the 5 recruits and not interject with how hes going to land the 5 recruits and then leave. I am not saying tha Wasju shouldn't be able to say what hes thinking, but lets start a thread so everyone that doesn't want to here about all of the negative possiblities that may happen doesn't have to read about it.

sju89tr

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2012, 10:24:57 AM »
This is all old news. Baldi said this months ago and caught abuse. If this is the case, Danny Hurley needs to get an interview

You flop around more than an old man's prick. He is not coming back, he is coaching at UCLA, make up your mind!

I got something else I heard which would confirm it 1 way or the other. But, not yet

Have you assumed Colleary's role with the school because a lot of people like to confide in you to share inside information?

sju89tr

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2012, 10:26:21 AM »
There is a trend of people following up good news (Lavins tweet that he is going to have 5 more recruits signed in the Spring) with some outlandish gut feelings. Cant we just discuss the 5 recruits and not interject with how hes going to land the 5 recruits and then leave. I am not saying tha Wasju shouldn't be able to say what hes thinking, but lets start a thread so everyone that doesn't want to here about all of the negative possiblities that may happen doesn't have to read about it.

Exactly

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2012, 10:34:08 AM »
Ok lets discuss the recruits. Which one do you like best ? So it is ok to continue to discuss mystery recruits but a SJU fan on a forum can't simply give his opinion? It is an honest question since you know the man is not currently coaching and no return time table has been given. I am a fan of the program and Lavin, but some of you should try out for the cheer leading team. Things are not good right now and it is ok to discuss. I did not throw Lavin is not coming back per my secret source "deep throat". I simply said I THINK coach is done.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 10:35:21 AM by we are sju »

Marillac

« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2012, 10:36:46 AM »
Lavin will be back on the sideline when he gets back from his road trip...just in time for a three-game home stand.  The timing works out to be UCLA, but that is just a coincidence.

Poison

« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2012, 10:38:28 AM »
This is all old news. Baldi said this months ago and caught abuse. If this is the case, Danny Hurley needs to get an interview

You flop around more than an old man's prick. He is not coming back, he is coaching at UCLA, make up your mind!

I got something else I heard which would confirm it 1 way or the other. But, not yet

Confirm what?

Poison

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2012, 10:39:18 AM »
Lavin will be back on the sideline when he gets back from his road trip...just in time for a three-game home stand.  The timing works out to be UCLA, but that is just a coincidence.

Are you speculating, or do you know this?

sju89tr

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2012, 10:41:09 AM »

I just heard a rumor that the school has a short list for Lavin's replacement and Baldi, Boo Harvey, WASJU, and Ill Will are all on it LOL 

boo3

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2012, 10:43:10 AM »
 Wasju was very clear that this was merely a thought he was having, and that only.  Honestly, if the same thought hadn't crossed everyone's mind, i would be more worried.

Please, before everyone starts with the " OMG, the recruits are going to read this" crap,  lets keep in mind that Lavin is meeting these kids and their families. Whatever he is saying directly to them, one on one, carries much more weight than anyone's opinion on a message board.

Baldi-  If you predict every possible outcome, you will be right on one of them.  He'll be back for UCLA, He out for season, He's never coming back, His wife wants to go back to LA...  Its like the boy who cried wolf.  meaningless.

sju89tr

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2012, 10:46:43 AM »
Wasju was very clear that this was merely a thought he was having, and that only.  Honestly, if the same thought hadn't crossed everyone's mind, i would be more worried.

Please, before everyone starts with the " OMG, the recruits are going to read this" crap,  lets keep in mind that Lavin is meeting these kids and their families. Whatever he is saying directly to them, one on one, carries much more weight than anyone's opinion on a message board.

Baldi-  If you predict every possible outcome, you will be right on one of them.  He'll be back for UCLA, He out for season, He's never coming back, His wife wants to go back to LA...  Its like the boy who cried wolf.  meaningless.

My point is why bring it up right now when we were discussing a tweet about 5 new players.

He was clearly flaming to get some excitement in his life I guess,   

« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2012, 10:48:07 AM »
How many of those rumors were mine? when I posted them, I clearly stated that it was what someone told me. Those people alot closer to the program than most posters here. 1 of those rumors coming from someone on the bench. I had always said that I though he would be back for the Seton Hall game

sju89tr

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2012, 10:50:01 AM »
How many of those rumors were mine? when I posted them, I clearly stated that it was what someone told me. Those people alot closer to the program than most posters here. 1 of those rumors coming from someone on the bench. I had always said that I though he would be back for the Seton Hall game

It would add a lot of credibility to your statements if you revealed your source, otherwise you look like a fool if Lavin doesn't move back to the west coast with his wife that hates NY.

MCNPA

« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2012, 10:51:34 AM »
WASJU is almost certainly Bobre...

boo3

« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2012, 10:51:44 AM »

My point is why bring it up right now when we were discussing a tweet about 5 new players.

Would you rather he start a new a thread about it?  I'd rather talk about the 5 recruits also. There are plenty of posters around here that look for negative attention, I just don't think wasju is one of them.

« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2012, 10:52:45 AM »

Yes having a back and forth with a mindless twit revs my engine.
Have posted here for years w/o ever being accused of flaming. You have what 300 posts? Maybe you meant "flaming" in another context. It is funny how you put "flaming" and excitement in the same sentence. Are you trying to tell us something about yourself?

« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2012, 10:58:33 AM »
I'm flaming the board? Everytime someone doesn't like what they read or they don't have anything to add, the flaming post appears. I posted somethings I heard, 2 of those being that he wasn't coming back. Are both of this false statements? I'm hoping they are. Lavin is spending alot of time in California though

« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2012, 10:58:53 AM »
The reason I posted my opinion is becuase Bluto said Lavin was coming back for the UCLA game. My response was to that. I understand the drain of negative posts like Realfan, but as most of you can attest that is simply not my style. However I am also not a STEPFORD FAN either. Thankfully I trust Dave or otherwise I would be concerned that this place was turning into Redmen.com during the Norm years.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 11:00:16 AM by we are sju »

sju89tr

« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2012, 11:13:03 AM »

Yes having a back and forth with a mindless twit revs my engine.
Have posted here for years w/o ever being accused of flaming. You have what 300 posts? Maybe you meant "flaming" in another context. It is funny how you put "flaming" and excitement in the same sentence. Are you trying to tell us something about yourself?

If you think that I am some newcomer to the boards or just have a passing interest in the program, you are sadly mistaken. LOL

You just came out of the blue (like most of your posts) just changing the topic to a negative one.

Believe what you want.   

« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2012, 11:18:44 AM »
I responded to another post!
Do you really believe that no one else is questioning the Lavin situation? If Lavin comes back next year I think ultimately the program will be fine. I am not doom and gloom, but things are not good right now and there are many questions regarding the program. I am sorry that until my post these questions did not pierce whartever fantasy land you reside in.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 11:25:55 AM by we are sju »

desco80

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2012, 11:45:18 AM »

I didn't read it as flaming at all.    Like Boo said; WASJU was real clear, this was just his opinion.  he didn't play it off as more than that.   And really, if that thought hasn't crossed everyone's mind at some point, I'd be shocked too.   

Hopefully Marillac is right though and coach is planning his return against UCLA.  That would be the kind've shot in the arm we need.